• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

James Johnson on the block

warcore

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1193846Raptors fans seem to be pretty upset about this. He's a big SF on a cheap deal that some think could break out into an impact player this year. His contract also expires after this season, so he would fit with Ferry's vision.Raptors have also made it known they want to get rid of Calderon's $10mil expiring contract so they don't have to amnesty him. That makes 2 expiring contracts to package.Trade Harris for Calderon and JJ. (we could even try to include Petro)Good for Raps because they don't have to amnesty Jose and they get a good backup PG. Good for us because while I like Harris, Calderon could give us similar production for one year and we get a cheap SF to give a team that can compete this year while we wait for next summer.Thoughts?

No....we don't need to make trades just to make trades...maybe look into acquiring Chris kaman, and Gerald green and then just wait til the free agency period next summer... Ferry wants to build the team the right way not just trade for more POw forwards

Edited by wolvetigers

I wouldn't call this making a trade just to make a trade. It's making a trade because we need a small forward and because we don't want any multi-year contracts.We go from having a backup PG and no SF with cap space next summer to having a backup PG, a SF and cap space next summer.

Guest Walter

http://forums.realgm...?f=32&t=1193846 Raptors fans seem to be pretty upset about this. He's a big SF on a cheap deal that some think could break out into an impact player this year. His contract also expires after this season, so he would fit with Ferry's vision. Raptors have also made it known they want to get rid of Calderon's $10mil expiring contract so they don't have to amnesty him. That makes 2 expiring contracts to package. Trade Harris for Calderon and JJ. (we could even try to include Petro) Good for Raps because they don't have to amnesty Jose and they get a good backup PG. Good for us because while I like Harris, Calderon could give us similar production for one year and we get a cheap SF to give a team that can compete this year while we wait for next summer. Thoughts?

I really like this idea. I'm sold on it. W