One thing I like about our new team. It got dog in it. :)

Brotha2ThaNite

I can recall a lot of fans saying Ivan was that person that brought that dog. Well, I think we have a group of guys that will bring that dog to the court.Devin Harris, DeShawn Stevenson, Lou Williams, Zaza, Smoove and We all know what AL will do if you piss him off... hint, hint Bulls. :-)I think Mike Scott have that nasty in him too.and then those guys who "don't give a crap... I'm shooting this shot!" lolAnthony Morrow, Lou Williams and John JenkinsI really think this team has got more toughness to it.

• Moderators

I will say that it is a scrappy little team Ferry has put together so far. No bullshit. This is a team that you don't have to worry about taking a night off either... Zaza, Ivan, & Stevenson has loads of toughness; Lou & Horford too. I like this team so far, but winning is the thing that a lot fans LOVE. Knowing Altanta fans in general, they will turn on this team if they ever dip below .500.

I will say that it is a scrappy little team Ferry has put together so far. No bullshit. This is a team that you don't have to worry about taking a night off either... Zaza, Ivan, & Stevenson has loads of toughness; Lou & Horford too. I like this team so far, but winning is the thing that a lot fans LOVE. Knowing Altanta fans in general, they will turn on this team if they ever dip below .500.

If you really knew Atlanta fans you'd know the below .500 part doesn't matter.
  • Like 1

If you really knew Atlanta fans you'd know the below .500 part doesn't matter.

If you knew Atlanta fans close to half of them bandwagon other teams (LA/Miami/Boston) and no, i'm not talking about Hawk fans, just people in Atlanta in general. haha Edited by Robdawg

All of the players mentioned in the original Post = Rottweilers

However, Josh Smith = Chihuahua

Josh is no Chihuahua, just ask Boozer. Josh may cry about calls, but what NBA star player doesn't besides Joe. No one gets into Josh face personally or call him out and if they have he has stood his ground.

Amare made one of the guys his female dog Posted Image

I believe you are talking about the "Boss" Edited by EAambassador

Josh is no Chihuahua, just ask Boozer. Josh may cry about calls, but what NBA star player doesn't besides Joe. No one gets into Josh face personally or call him out and if they have he has stood his ground. I believe you are talking about the "Boss"

Well said about Josh! #twothumbsup And just because Amare won that battle... Doesn't mean he won the War! also everyone runs into that person that's better. That doesn't mean Boss dog is gone.

• Moderators

and then those guys who "don't give a crap... I'm shooting this shot!" lol Anthony Morrow, Lou Williams and John Jenkins

Jenkins seems to be pretty selective with his shots so I don't know that this describes him. I do think it describes one of our forwards still on the team from last season, though!

Josh is no Chihuahua, just ask Boozer. Josh may cry about calls, but what NBA star player doesn't besides Joe. No one gets into Josh face personally or call him out and if they have he has stood his ground.

Yes, because Boozer is the toughest Dachshund around.

• Moderators

I have my issues with Josh's play and sometimes maturity, but I don't question his competitive drive. If he could play in a way that maximized his strengths and hid his weaknesses (starting with all but eliminating the long jumper), he has the drive and want to be star.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I have my issues with Josh's play and sometimes maturity, but I don't question his competitive drive. If he could play in a way that maximized his strengths and hid his weaknesses (starting with all but eliminating the long jumper), he has the drive and want to be star.

He would actually be All-NBA level. That's why I can't stand him anymore. He hurts the team too much.

The personality of the coach has to shine through, too. I don't know if I'd call Drew a "dog," but the team did show stretches of impressive resolve last season, and I think his demeanor had a lot to do with it.

I don't think we'll have to worry about that too long. Drew is going to be on a very short leash (keeping with the dog ref) with Ferry. If the guys aren't playing team ball, Drew will be gone by December. I suspect Ferry will be in Josh's ear about playing in the block as well. With the shooters and slashers the Hawks have, Josh could see his assist rate go up IF he plants himself near the paint, ala 2 years ago.