• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pacers

warcore

I've read that they traded Darren Collison for Ian Mihinmi and that they also signed Gerald Green to 3 years $10 million, leaving them with a glut at the wing position (George, Green, Granger) and a hole at the PG.We should also consider David West is on his last year and is getting older and they most likely won't resign him.Thus, they need a PG now and in the near future a PF. I think they could be interested in a Smith & Teague for George, West & !st deal. They would instantly be able to compete with TeagueGreenGrangerSmithHibbertWe get a big wing that can defend and start for us for the long haul that doesnt't eat into our 2013 capspace. And David West can keep us competitive this year or we can flip him for a pick.

This seems reasonable, but we are still giving up a smaller guard for a bigger one as well as trading PFs. So I don't know if this makes us balanced.

It makes us more balanced long term. Even if we do resign Smith, we still have two All Star PFs. If we make this trade, we could possibly have a future all star wing in George, an all star PF in Horford and use the extra money to sign an all star at another position of need. it's Smith/Horf/max free agent vs. George/Horf/max free agent/near max free agent and I know people are going to say, "but free agents don't want to come here"... well free agents didn't want to come here back when we weren't relevant. But we've been a playoff team for a while and I don't think that changes this year. Harris/Lou Jenkins/Lou/Morrow George/Stevenson/Morrow West/Scott/Ivan Horf/Zaza is easily a playoff team with lots of money to spend. Free agents will see the foundation and realize championship opportunity. Even if we get one of Harden or Ibaka (Thunder can't afford both if we offer 14mil/year to Harden and 12mil/year to Ibaka) and one of Bynum/Iggy/Curry..... that would be something like Curry/Jenkins/George/Ibaka/Horf (worst case scenario) or Harris/Harden/George/Horford/Bynum or Harris/George/Iggy*/Horford/Bynum *I would not pay Iggy more than 9mil/year

*I would not pay Iggy more than 9mil/year

Then you probably won't get him. He's making more than that now and his production really hasn't decreased since he was awarded that contract. He's good at alot of things, but not really great at anything. In today's NBA, there's always a team desperate enough to shell out big bucks for that. I'd like AI here in the right situation though, especially if we truly are going to be a run and gun uptempo team.

Here's a small tweak on that idea that may work......Atlanta in: Andre IguodalaPhilly in: Danny Granger, 2013 Atlanta 2nd round pickIndiana in: Devin Harris, Johan Petro, 2013 1st (from Atlanta via JJ trade)Why Atlanta does it: They get a SF that is perfect for an uptempo, running team. He gives us defensive toughness and another ball-handler on the floor. Why Philly does it: They get help putting the ball in the goal. At times, their offense struggled. This deal gives them a legit scoring optionWhy Indiana does it: They get a veteran PG to help run their offense. Harris and West could run the PnR well. Moving Granger gives them a spot for George and allowing them to move Hill to SG. HarrisHillGeorgeWestHibbertHollidayYoungGrangerYoungHawesTeague/WilliamsMorrow/JenkinsIguodala/Korver/StevensonSmith/Johnson/Scott/WilliamsHorford/Pachulia

I like the above idea, but I feel like Indiana would want Korver added or Zaza swapped for Petro. They're trying to win now.

I'd say they'd want Korver or another shooter over Zaza since they already have Hibbert, West, Mahinimimiminini, and Hansbrough on the roster. That's 4 solid big men to share the minutes. Petro was honestly just a throw in to give them another expiring.

• 4 weeks later...

If we are going after an elite C and PG in 2013 free agency, here are two trade scenarios I would really like to see with the Pacers.1. Josh + Teague for Granger + Paul George (Al is starter at PF)2. Al + Teague for Granger + Paul George (Josh is starter at PF)With both these scenarios, we solidify the SG, SF, and PF positions for when we make a run at elite players at PG and C. This would be the lineup for 2012-13...PG: HarrisSG: GeorgeSF: GrangerPF: Horford/SmithC: Pachulia... and the next year...PG: PaulSG: GeorgeSF: GrangerPF: Horford/SmithC: Bynum/HowardAlthough I really like Josh Smith, I think it would be wiser to deal him instead of Horford. If we overspend to keep Smith, we may hurt our chances of getting both an elite PG and a C. Another bonus to keeping Al is that we can go after elite PFs in free agency (Al Jefferson, Paul Millsap) because he can slide over and play center.

• Moderators

They have expressed interest in trading Granger so that George can take that next step and be their star, but that has all but died out now. There is no way that Indiana gives up both Granger and George, especially for a positions they already have guys for. They just signed D.J. Augustin and still have George Hill at PG, so they don't need Teague and have West, Hansborough, and Hibbert, they don't need Horford/Smith. Indiana isn't interested anything we would offer except a trade that we would be losing on which is Horford + extras for Granger + extras. Smith doesn't fit their system which hard nosed, crash the boards, and great work ethic- or a guy like Horford, so I don't think they would even bat an eye at signing/trading for Smoove.