• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

jenkins can def be effective for us.

JTB

Best thing that Jenkins does is move really well without the ball. Webber nailed it when he said that Jenkins is going to be one of those Reggie Miller / Ray Allen / Rip Hamilton types that annoy the crap out of the defense because he's always moving and you have to stay on him because of his shot. I'm not ready to put him in that group as a shooter yet but man I sure liked what I saw from him as far as moving without the ball and shooting goes. I was not impressed with his ability to get past his man off the dribble and his defense was just okay but it's not nearly as bad as some made it sound at draft time.

I agree. And the other thing he has with those future HOFers is this kid has that quick release and a great work ethic Not saying we drafted the next Ray Allen or Reggie Miller, but this kid can flat out shoot. It's kind of crazy to think you could lose Joe Johnson and have a deeper back court but with Devin Harris, Louis Williams, John Jenkins, and Jeff Teague, that may be the deepest 4 man rotation in game at the 1-2 spot. We've come a long way from Tyron Lue in the starting lineup

I agree. And the other thing he has with those future HOFers is this kid has that quick release and a great work ethic Not saying we drafted the next Ray Allen or Reggie Miller, but this kid can flat out shoot. It's kind of crazy to think you could lose Joe Johnson and have a deeper back court but with Devin Harris, Louis Williams, John Jenkins, and Jeff Teague, that may be the deepest 4 man rotation in game at the 1-2 spot. We've come a long way from Tyron Lue in the starting lineup

Heck. We have come a long way from just last year, when Kirk Hinrich was the big minute getter off the bench along with Willie Green. This is the thing that people don't understand about Joe's contract. That contract kept the Hawks from being able to bring in the likes of Lou Williams and Kyle Korver to come off the bench. Instead, we were stuck with the league min Willie Green and the league min Jannero Pargo. It is a credit to Larry Drew, IMO, that they had career years. I have my issues with Drew's coaching, but he does a great job of coaching these combo guards. Flip Murray, Jamal Crawford, and Willie Green all had career years under Drew.

Heck. We have come a long way from just last year, when Kirk Hinrich was the big minute getter off the bench along with Willie Green. This is the thing that people don't understand about Joe's contract. That contract kept the Hawks from being able to bring in the likes of Lou Williams and Kyle Korver to come off the bench. Instead, we were stuck with the league min Willie Green and the league min Jannero Pargo. It is a credit to Larry Drew, IMO, that they had career years. I have my issues with Drew's coaching, but he does a great job of coaching these combo guards. Flip Murray, Jamal Crawford, and Willie Green all had career years under Drew.

um Flip and Jamal was with Woody not Drew. and Woodys blind love for vet ball stopping SG's like Flip and Jamal is the reason Acie and Jeff never amounted to anything under potato head. Killed Acie's career and Jeff's was on life support until Kirk went down in the playoffs Edited by Cwell

I regarded him as a 2nd round type of player when we drafted him, but I'd never seen him play or anything like that. After watching the first game I'm really impressed; his release is so quick and he does seem pretty crafty. Went head to head with and held his own against the number 2 overall pick in the draft, so you can't ask for much more out of his first game (although it was just one game).

with the exception of a few, Ferry has begun getting players with average-high BBIQ through the draft/free agency. That should change the dynamic of our team alot.

with the exception of a few, Ferry has begun getting players with average-high BBIQ through the draft/free agency. That should change the dynamic of our team alot.

exactly...the only bonehead left is josh smith and maybe ivan johnson. The new guys are pretty smart players and they dont do too much or too little. Ferry has some really smart players so far!...its not always about the atheletic ability!

From what I saw today, Jenkins was very effective from inside the 3 pt line, and showed some ability to create some plays for other players. Also, Keith Benson pulled down 10 rebounds in the first half. Against Fab Melo. Based on the past couple of games, I'd like for him to make the squad.

From what I saw today, Jenkins was very effective from inside the 3 pt line, and showed some ability to create some plays for other players. Also, Keith Benson pulled down 10 rebounds in the first half. Against Fab Melo. Based on the past couple of games, I'd like for him to make the squad.

Benson is playing really well for sure. Jenkins has been playing well but he hasn't been shooting terrifically from behind arch. Hopefully he's just a little off and getting used to the NBA range. I've liked everything else about him though.