• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Which would you prefer: Smoove starting at SF or Horford starting at C?

DatWerkk

Interesting question. What's interesting, if the reports are true, is that Ferry is trying to land Dwight WITHOUT giving up Horford. So what does that suggest about how Ferry views this. Obviously if the Hawks happened to get Dwight without parting with Horford, Dwight would start at five and Horf and Josh would each move over a spot. I think too much is made out of what forward spot Josh plays. What is of significance is HOW Josh plays. At either forward spot, he can decide to be a slasher and attack the basket or he can take those jumpers.

BINGO!

Josh Smith at SF. He came in a SF and never should have been moved. Kind of messed up everything when he got moved to PF and they started to play people at positions they don't belong at and call it versatility

• Premium Member

I am in the camp that likes Smith more at PF, because his strong suit is weak side shot blocking, he can get burned by slashing SFs defensively. Also on offense he will be more prone to jack up ill advised jumpers at SF than he would be at PF.

Count me in as Al at 5 and Josh at 4. Especially in this day and age with stretch 4's and what not. Al is a Top 10 Center right now. Josh can play some nice spot minutes at the 3 (against Lebron and bigger 3's), but in the long run that isn't his position either. When he has to chase a more classic SF like Gay or Granger around he gets exposed on D.

How many allstar appearances and all-NBA teams does Al have to make at the 5 for people to realize he can play the 5 just fine? "Protect him" from an all-NBA performance...geez

I think Al needs to answer that himself. He needs to understand that he's best for us at center and rotate to power forward throughout the game.