• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rejuvenated in Atlanta, Josh Smith holds out hope for Dwight Howard

GameTime

Smoove is our leader and the face of our franchise now. Im pretty happy Ferry showed him some love and got him on board with his future plans. Whether you like it or not ( Im fine with it ) we need Josh Smith.

I actually have a feeling that this team will be better than lasts, just because of the upgraded shooters that we have on the team (morrow, jenkins). Also, I think that Harris will be a suprise for us. But I also know that we will not beat the Heat with our lineup. The worse part about having a good team next year is that we won't get a high draft pick (star player) and will still be a treadmill team because our two best players play the same position.

While I would caution optimism, here are a couple of things that can be taken away from this article: 1. Josh is on record, more than once this offseason, as saying his goal is to win a title. 2. When asked directly if he STILL wanted to be traded, intead of giving some pc "I've got one year left under contract" answer, he quickly answered "no". This would indicate that he previously did want to be traded, but has now changed that stance. It appears that Josh is hopeful about something. We can only hope whatever it is is concrete.

Jody, Dolfan and I have talked about this offline. There is a history of Josh saying he wants to be here. I constantly point to this interview he gave on Jim Rome where he discusses getting hurt feelings about being in trade rumors because he wants to be here. http://www.jimrome.com/junglehighlights?uri=channels/465575/1624026 The whole...Josh wants a trade....has never been true.
  • Like 1

Smoove can be a leader with some 'fire in the belly.' Something we've sorely missed.And I agree that anything he said to his friend would be off the record. I certainly wouldn't tell a reporter anything confidential.Lastly, someone tell me the last time we had pos ink in a national pub.???? I don't remember it.

• Premium Member

Jody, Dolfan and I have talked about this offline. There is a history of Josh saying he wants to be here. I constantly point to this interview he gave on Jim Rome where he discusses getting hurt feelings about being in trade rumors because he wants to be here. http://www.jimrome.com/junglehighlights?uri=channels/465575/1624026 The whole...Josh wants a trade....has never been true.

Where there's smoke, there's fire. Up until this point, Josh had never completely denied asking to be traded. It cannot be disputed that the answer he gives here is direct and not ambiguous like the answers he's previously given when approached about the trade request. Still, in answering the question in this interview, he does not deny ever asking to be traded even though the interviewer implies he did as a fact. So, I don't buy that he never asked for a trade. That being said, there's nothing wrong with him doing so previously and now changing his mind. The previous regime was indeed running this franchise into the ground. Josh is not some blind Hawks loyalist just because he's from Atlanta. He understands this is a business and wants to suceed in it, Atlanta or not.

Lol we did?

• Admin

I actually have a feeling that this team will be better than lasts, just because of the upgraded shooters that we have on the team (morrow, jenkins). Also, I think that Harris will be a suprise for us. But I also know that we will not beat the Heat with our lineup. The worse part about having a good team next year is that we won't get a high draft pick (star player) and will still be a treadmill team because our two best players play the same position.

I think in the current interration we are lottery bound.

• Premium Member

I wouldn't say this team can't make the playoffs, but I wouldn't say they're a lock either. While still being undersized and weak on the boards up front, they are now considerably smaller and weaker defensively in the backcourt. Being undersized in both the front and back court is not a good thing and this team will see it's fair share of struggles related to this.

Just curious, how did you get that out of that article? Because what I got was that Josh Smith isn't doing ANYTHING to help recruit D12, because in his mind doing so would just make his friend's life more difficult. So if anything, we lost the hope/belief that Howard might be influenced because his bff Josh Smith is recruiting him hard. This article also made me wonder if while Smoove was unhappy if he was feeding Howard some NEGATIVE things about the franchise that would make Howard want to stay away. Doesn't seem out of the realm of possibilities...

Dwight is holding up these trades from going through because he wants sign a contract extension. That is my belief. They keep saying they need a 3rd team. I call bull crap. Why did the Lakers (and I think the Rockets did also) go meet Dwight one on one? My feelings are.... They are trying to get him to sign on. Dwight is in LA but I think this guy doesn't want to sign on with them. He wants to become a FA, why? He can then play with Teague (or CP3), AL (because we want have to trade them), and Smoove Josh is being that friend Dwight needs right now. That can be a bond that pull them closer and want to do something special. Well, that is just my 2 cents. lol Edited by Brotha2ThaNite

I wouldn't say this team can't make the playoffs, but I wouldn't say they're a lock either. While still being undersized and weak on the boards up front, they are now considerably smaller and weaker defensively in the backcourt. Being undersized in both the front and back court is not a good thing and this team will see it's fair share of struggles related to this.

The backcourt really isn't that big a deal. Who are they going up against? Joe? Wade? Who else? Not many if any tall or skilled SGs in the league yet alone the East to really worry about the size of the backcourt. Not like Joe rebounded worth a damn from that position either so the team can get away with a small backcourt. Teague and Harris have the height/length combo that actually makes them above average at PG. The frontcourt isn't as big an issue either because Petro is actually an upgrade to what we've had behind Zaza over the past decade. Zaza is much improved and together with Smoove last season proved capable even when starting. Throw Al back in the mix and the biggest issue the team has is just wing defense and I guess a star closer.

Jody,

Dolfan and I have talked about this offline. There is a history of Josh saying he wants to be here. I constantly point to this interview he gave on Jim Rome where he discusses getting hurt feelings about being in trade rumors because he wants to be here.

http://www.jimrome.c.../465575/1624026

The whole...Josh wants a trade....has never been true.

Well, I be damn! I'm not the only one who wasn't fooled by the media. lol

I have stated it wasn't true over and over but no one wanted to believe it. What the media says is true because they are on the radio/tv. lol

If Al, Josh, and Zaza stay healthy I'd say it's pretty much a lock even with the team as is. If we were in the West I wouldn't quite be as confident. Got to remember, Al didn't play last season. Our front court will be good. Out scoring will be better also. Then it's just a matter of perimeter D like someone else stated.

Jody, Dolfan and I have talked about this offline. There is a history of Josh saying he wants to be here. I constantly point to this interview he gave on Jim Rome where he discusses getting hurt feelings about being in trade rumors because he wants to be here. http://www.jimrome.c.../465575/1624026 The whole...Josh wants a trade....has never been true.

i honestly believe that too! I dont think he ever asked to be traded but just wanted more respect from the organization.

Dwight doesn't wanna sign an extensionHe wants to be traded to a team he will resign with and then be a FA next summer and sign a contract with that team then...that way he gets max years and payAn extension would pay him considerably less than a new contract in the summerAnd he doesn't wanna get traded to a team he won't resign with because he would not get paid as much when signing with a different team that doesn't have his bird rights next summer

• Like 1

Logically, this is only MORE evidence that smith DID demand a trade before Every other time when asked he was vague and dodged the question...now when asked if he STILL wanted to be traded he quickly said no

Are you telling me that he walked into a scheduled and taped interview that he and his agent had time to prepare for on Jim Rome and wasn't entirely truthful? Haters these days!