• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Did the fans understand what we had in Joe?

Diesel

• Moderators

Just watch, we're creatures of habit. All this was done to get out of financial peril. We have no plan for the future.

I don't know why you would think there is no plan for the future. There is a much clearer path forward now than there was at the end of the playoffs. Amnestying JJ is not a plan. Despite your suggestion that the ASG amnesty JJ after this year, the ASG isn't going to absorb roughly $40M in salary to watch him go play somewhere else and then spend that money on other people. Here, we end up with a first round pick and don't have to pay the $40M and it is at a cost of missing out on JJ for this season.

I didn't bother quoting the post. Northcyde..you made 2 posts. One I'm shaking my head at. One made perfect sense. You can't put Jenkins on the floor in significant minutes without benching either Teague or Harris. 30 minutes a game you have Teague, Harris, Joe, Horford, Gasol.

Right. Which is why I would go ahead and start Jenkins and let him get the vast majority of his minutes with the starters. It's much easier to have Harris play a 6th man role, in which he'd come in at the 1st and 3rd quarters for Jenkins, and have him play the 2 for a short stretch. But when it's time for Teague to get his rest, Harris simply slides over to the 1 and runs the team. When it comes down to crunch time in the 4th quarter, you simply play whatever guard combination fits best of what the game situation is. It would be easy to get all 3 of those guys the type of minutes they'd need to effect the game.

Suspect outside shooting. You have 4 players that play completely different styles. Teague, Harris want to penetrate. Harris can/will play pick and roll. Joe wants to go one on one, Al wants to pick n pop, pick and roll. Gasol wants to post and pass and shoot jumpers when ever he can. This team completely doesn't fit. Who in that offense rebounds and outlets? Horf? But Horf needs to run the floor because JJ and Gasol don't. It is just a literal mess.

The different styles is exactly why the team would fit and be better. It's not more long range shooting the Hawks need. It's more efficient shooting and scoring that they need. Horford - 55.3% FG Gasol - 50% FG Teague - 47.6% FG Johnson - 45.4% FG Harris - 44.5% FG Jenkins shot 51% FG and 44% 3FG during summer league, which probably means that in catch and shoot and screen situations, he'd probably still be able to shoot at least 45% FG and close to 40% 3FG. Hawks could run pick and roll or pick and pop with Teague/Harris and Horford/Gasol. 2 good 3 point shooters in JJ and Jenkins are on the wings or in the corner. And the other frontline player who wasn't involved in the Pick n Roll would be available to receive a pass 8 - 12 feet from the basket. The team would be almost perflectly offensively balanced, and a much better halfcourt team. Saying that JJ doesn't run the floor is just flat out wrong. He's the one guy most likely to toss an alley-oop to Smith in transition. Instead, this lineup would have the fast PG having the ball in transition ( wow . . what a concept ). Horford and JJ would get out and run with the PG. Both Gasol and Horford are exellent rebounders ( both offensively and defensively ). Both are good passers out of the high and low post. Gasol especially is an effective post up player. To say that this team would be a "literal mess" would be flat out wrong. That team would be much better offensively. The only question about that squad, is if they could still be a top 10 defensive team. My guess is that they would be somewhere between 10 - 14th in defensive rating, while being a top 5 offensively rated team. We'll see what our "small ball" combination does this year in both categories.