• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will you be hoping that Brooklyn fails?

Diesel

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

of course! any team from New York area I have to go against. I grew up a huge Braves fan (still am) and i'll always remember how rude and tasteless some of their fans are. plus they always show up down here.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Personally, I hope that we beat the nets in the ECFs on our way to the NBA finals.However, if we don't make it that far, I will hope that they do.Mace says no one on this board is that insecure?Call it what you want mace but there's an insecurity here about that issue.There are many who judged and still judge JJ as not being so good. Well, the last thing that they want to see is him co-engineer a finals appearance.And if he did, those same insecure people will say it was all Deron.

I've often posted that I personally thought that JJ was a very good, but not great

player for Atlanta. I still believe this.

He was borderline to being elected as an all star. Always appointed and never elected.

Yet, he was being paid elite status pay.

I have no hate for JJ. I wish him well. As for becoming a Brooklin fan, if they are in the

playoffs and not facing the Hawks, sure. Go ex Hawk! If they are facing the Hawks, I hope

JJ fails - Miserably. I'm still a Hawks fan, not especially a JJ fan.

Edited by Gray Mule

• Premium Member

On the other side of that same coin his fanclub wish to see the Hawks fail and Brooklyn succeed so as to prop up Joe's importance.

I have never seen a person on this board say they will root for the Nets over the Hawks because of Joe Johnson. I hope Joe has a nice rest of his career and if the Hawks can't win a title (excuse me while I laugh at that thought) then I hope the Nets can with Joe.

It's funny that everyone thought Joe was a second tier player(which he is not because of skill but heart and will). I think Deron Williams is a second tier player just the same and you can add Gerald Wallace to the third tier list. People thought Brooklyn or should I say New Jersey was a lock for the playoffs last year and honestly Deron didn't prove that he's first tier or that he could carry a team. Iverson has done it with an old Mutombo. Kobe can atleast get you to the playoffs by himself. I'd be surprise to see the Nets make it out the first round and I wouldn't be surprised if that's the team we faced if we were 4th and 5th respectably.