Can't wait for the season to start!

sillent

• Moderators

Lol. Smoove plays with the most heart with Zaza being a close 2nd.

I think that Smoove is competitive and definitely has heart. My only complaint in that area of his game is that he gets distracted at times and doesn't always end up playing hard, like the plays where he complains to the officials instead of hurrying back on D. On offense, I react similarly to his reluctance to play near the basket.

I think that Smoove is competitive and definitely has heart. My only complaint in that area of his game is that he gets distracted at times and doesn't always end up playing hard, like the plays where he complains to the officials instead of hurrying back on D. On offense, I react similarly to his reluctance to play near the basket.

That's what I consider having heart; passion for the game. It all depends on who the person is. I've played sports all of my life, and I know people who are like that. I, myself, I'm very competitive and my emotions show from time to time during games. I hate losing and I want to win. If I was in the NBA, knowing the refs are full of sh**, it would be so damn hard for me to calm myself. The way he acts don't mean he has no heart, if anything, I think it means the opposite. I think complaining to the refs is passion for the game, but as hard it is, he def needs to stop that. It don't take away "not having heart" for the game. Smoove def shows he loves the game of basketball, want's to win, and loves reppin his hometown.

Posted Image

Edited by AHawks89

• Moderators

That's what I consider having heart; passion for the game. It all depends on who the person is. I've played sports all of my life, and I know people who are like that. I, myself, I'm very competitive and my emotions show from time to time during games. I hate losing and I want to win. If I was in the NBA, knowing the refs are full of sh**, it would be so damn hard for me to calm myself. The way he acts don't mean he has no heart, if anything, I think it means the opposite. I think complaining to the refs is passion for the game, but as hard it is, he def needs to stop that. It don't take away "not having heart" for the game. Smoove def shows he loves the game of basketball, want's to win, and loves reppin his hometown.

Posted Image

I end up putting those issues in the category of immaturity and basketball IQ and agree that he cares.

I end up putting those issues in the category of immaturity and basketball IQ and agree that he cares.

Immaturity? I'd say so. All of the time? No. I guess that comes alone with the package. Point is, IMO Josh Smith has the most heart on this team which is what I was debating about.

• Moderators

Immaturity? I'd say so. All of the time? No. I guess that comes alone with the package. Point is, IMO Josh Smith has the most heart on this team which is what I was debating about.

On the heart issue, I think that reasonable minds could differ whether sitting on the perimeter on offense and hoisting bad jumpers is really playing with heart or if that is simply taking the path of least resistance (which is what the defense is hoping for). I think Josh has heart but it isn't a foregone conclusion for me that he has the most heart on the team. Whatever you call basketball IQ, maturity, etc. needs to click for him to become the star that he can be.

What's the deal on Ivan? How does his contract work?

We made a qualifying offer to him. That gives us the right to match other offers to him. He is out shopping himself now and we will have to see where his contract ends up and whether we end up keeping him.

On the heart issue, I think that reasonable minds could differ whether sitting on the perimeter on offense and hoisting bad jumpers is really playing with heart or if that is simply taking the path of least resistance (which is what the defense is hoping for). I think Josh has heart but it isn't a foregone conclusion for me that he has the most heart on the team. Whatever you call basketball IQ, maturity, etc. needs to click for him to become the star that he can be.

Disagree. I see where that plays no part in "having heart."

We made a qualifying offer to him. That gives us the right to match other offers to him. He is out shopping himself now and we will have to see where his contract ends up and whether we end up keeping him.

Ah, okay. Thanks. Same thing with Memphis and Smoove years back?

• Moderators

Disagree. I see where that plays no part in "having heart."

If you are too afraid of physicality to play in the post and instead shoot low % open jumpers, that can be seen as a sign of lack of heart. The idea behind this one is: Fear of physical play = lack of heart Embracing physical play = playing with heart Hurting the team due to fear of physical play = playing with lack of heart Edited by AHF
  • Like 1

If you are too afraid of physicality to play in the post and instead shoot low % open jumpers, that can be seen as a sign of lack of heart. The idea behind this one is: Fear of physical play = lack of heart Embracing physical play = playing with heart Hurting the team due to fear of physical play = playing with lack of heart

Exactly. And "heart" has never won a basketball game. Talent and execution wins basketball games.

People keep forgetting that al isn't just an Allstar but also an All-NBA playerAlso that he has only played 4 seasonsHe led the league in midrange jumper % and flirts with 10 rebounds and plays excellent man defense against many positions and in high and low post and perimeterHe has been top 10 in rpg, offensive rating, win shares, Fg%, efg%, offensive rebounds, defensive rebounds and total rebounds and had a 21 PER his last full seasonHe may not be flashy but how can someone who did all of the above in his first 4 seasons after winning back to back college titles be further from elite than smoove and Teague? And he did it without us playing to his strength, pick n rolls and instead having to watch ISO Joe and ISO Crawford6th place in the NBA in offensive rating with a 121 points per 100 possessions and some of you act like he is a poor offensive player

• Like 3

Hey y'all! I've been a lurker here for a couple of years, but decided to start posting since we finally have something to be excited about! Figured this'd be a good place to start my Hawksquawk career!

On topic, I seriously doubt it happens, but I really hope Chris Paul realizes the Clippers are pretty mediocre and decides to leave.

Also,

People keep forgetting that al isn't just an Allstar but also an All-NBA player

Also that he has only played 4 seasons

He led the league in midrange jumper % and flirts with 10 rebounds and plays excellent man defense against many positions and in high and low post and perimeter

He has been top 10 in rpg, offensive rating, win shares, Fg%, efg%, offensive rebounds, defensive rebounds and total rebounds and had a 21 PER his last full season

He may not be flashy but how can someone who did all of the above in his first 4 seasons after winning back to back college titles be further from elite than smoove and Teague? And he did it without us playing to his strength, pick n rolls and instead having to watch ISO Joe and ISO Crawford

6th place in the NBA in offensive rating with a 121 points per 100 possessions and some of you act like he is a poor offensive player

^That right there is why I love Al Horford. I hate to conjure some bad memories for you, but he really could use a pick n' roll point guard. Give that man some pick n' rolls (Chris Paul... Posted Image ) and I think we have ourselves a real stud.
  • Like 1

Hey y'all! I've been a lurker here for a couple of years, but decided to start posting since we finally have something to be excited about! Figured this'd be a good place to start my Hawksquawk career!

On topic, I seriously doubt it happens, but I really hope Chris Paul realizes the Clippers are pretty mediocre and decides to leave.

Also,

^That right there is why I love Al Horford. I hate to conjure some bad memories for you, but he really could use a pick n' roll point guard. Give that man some pick n' rolls (Chris Paul... Posted Image ) and I think we have ourselves a real stud.

Welcome to the board!!!

You will soon find that the board has multiple personalities...