• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe Johnson Discusses Departure From The Hawks

Plainview1981

SI.com: Well, I guess they were basically done by the time they called you - or very close.

Johnson: Yeah, they were done by then, and I guess they wanted to call and tell me. But it's no hard feelings. I'm fortunate enough to be coming to a great situation, to play with a great point guard and a great big man.

Anyone else think he's taking a little shot at Teague and Horford/Smoove?

• Premium Member

NO. Deron is a future Hall of Fame caliber PG and Brook Lopez ( when healthy ) is a top 5 offensive center in the NBA. What JJ said isn't a slight on Teague and Horford at all. He simply told the truth.

I have to agree here. If we could have gotten Deron here, Joe would have said the same.

Seems as if Joe got a stylist lately. That's a mean suit. I'm gonna check out SB Nation more often this season. Always liked the setup and easy access to view all the other teams' fans views. Funny, his response to being traded is "It is what it is". Joe would move and play for Alaska if his checks stayed the same.

• Premium Member

I read an article where Joe said he's more excited and preparing for a season more than he ever has before as far as working out goes. Kind of a slap in the face to us.. I'll still miss him though

I don't take that too seriously. Joe worked out very hard last year in the offseason and came in strong. Those are soundbytes traded players and players make all the time. Kobe just said the same thing. He said that because of the addition of Dwight, Steve, and Jamison that he was going to train much harder than he has before. How many rings does Kobe have? Kobe is known for his training and workout schedule. He is not going to work out harder than ever before.. but mentally, he is motivated. The same is true of Joe. Joe is not going to work out harder than before... but mentally, it has to be motivated to go to a new scene.
  • Like 2

• Moderators

NO. Deron is a future Hall of Fame caliber PG and Brook Lopez ( when healthy ) is a top 5 offensive center in the NBA. What JJ said isn't a slight on Teague and Horford at all. He simply told the truth.

If Lopez is a great C then Kevin Martin is a great SG. Lopez couldn't rebound even if his girlfriend walked out and Kate Upton was on his doorstep begging him for a date.