• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Due to lack of availability in SF department, should Hawks consider re-signing T-Mac?

ATLscrubLove

I know he wasn't exactly the best last year but he obviously still has some balling left in him. Remember game 3 vs the Celtics? 12 points, 9 rebounds, 2 assists. Not too bad. It's sad that was probably the only memorable game he had with the Hawks. He did have some issues with coach Drew about minutes, and I don't think he is the best in the locker room. But seeing as how we don't have a legitimate 3 guy on the roster, I think we should consider re-signing him. Just to have someone that can really play the position, for the right price of course.

Edited by ATLscrubLove

Ferry has said he will be looking to trade for a SF when the Sept 11th trade restriction will be lifted on the players we acquired for Joe.

Yea I just hope we can get a quality SF in exchange. We need one badly.

What SF do you think is on Ferry's mind? Any thoughts? That's if we actually do trade for a SF.

I know this is going to sound stupid, but I'd like us to trade for Corey Brewer. I know he isn't the best but he does have experience with Horford. Probably only want him cuz I'm a Florida basketball fan. Heck may as well try and make a trade for Noah as well. Get the big 3 from the Florida team that went back to back. Lol

• Admin

I know this is going to sound stupid, but I'd like us to trade for Corey Brewer. I know he isn't the best but he does have experience with Horford. Probably only want him cuz I'm a Florida basketball fan. Heck may as well try and make a trade for Noah as well. Get the big 3 from the Florida team that went back to back. Lol

He said he wanted a defensive SF and Brewer is definitely that. A change of scenery could be good for him.
  • Like 1

He said he wanted a defensive SF and Brewer is definitely that. A change of scenery could be good for him.

I'm down with him, maybe he could flourish and become a starter for us... Maybe. I'm sure we wouldn't have to give up very much to get him either. He would be a nice pickup.

T-Mac? Absolutely not - he had about 5 productive games last year. He's done.Brewer? I could live with that, but I may be biased as I'm a Gators fan. That said, even with the Nug's logjam of wings, I think Karl is pretty high on Brewer off the bench and I feel like we don't really have anyone that would entice them to move Brewer.

Edited by WakaFlocka
  • Like 1

I don't see us re-signing TMac, not monetary-related but he just didn't have that energy earlier in his career.Just by judging the offseason, i'd say Ferry wants to get younger but competitive so TMac doesn't fit the mold. I do believe that he will trade some our shooters for a legit SF however. I wonder how many years Brewer has left on his contract.

Define legit. Brewer is pretty limited.

Ferry has been targeting a defensive minded Small Forward ever since we've gotten our surplus of shooters. Brewer is pretty limited on the offensive end but with so many options here he could possibly be a good fit. Plus he isn't a pushover on defense, if he has a year or so remaining on his contract I could see him coming here so Ferry can keep that cap flexibility.

Define legit. Brewer is pretty limited.

Legit SF defender at 6'-9", we have enough scoring so I am not worried about his offense. He is an active willing defender. If we are gonna run more, Brewer loves to get out and run and he is a good finisher.

Legit SF defender at 6'-9", we have enough scoring so I am not worried about his offense. He is an active willing defender. If we are gonna run more, Brewer loves to get out and run and he is a good finisher.

couldn't have said it better!