• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Favorite series with our old core?

AHawks89

I actually just wanted to share this: http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=muP7oYa33qQ

That series was amazing, although we lost. Phillips Arena was going insane. Players were feeling the crowd momentum. So many great memories from that series. I was watching that video, and it reminded me of how much potential our fan base could have if we can put up a good great team on the floor.

My favorite series that we won has to be when we finally beat Orlando.

Edited by AHawks89
  • Like 1

Haha I remember Josh hitting three 3's in one game. (I think)

Yup, that was the last of Joe we saw. Joe cross over step back 3's were amazing. Childress even had a few nice games too.

Smoove & Horford were giving high fives to the fans.

Zaza becoming a legend. Posted Image

It's to hard to think of my favorite regular season game, but when I try to think about it, this game always pops up in my head:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECXbA2EqgvM

Edited by AHawks89

Boston of course was the best series, so many memories from that one. My favorite regular season game had to be the Chicago game when horford went crazy and we came back after getting killed in that first quarter. The Orlando and Phoenix games that u posted had better ending moments but the entirety of the game was no where near the Chicago game. The build up in that Chicago game had me so hype in my living room standing in front of my tv for about 10 mins straight....I was losing my mind

• Like 1

Boston of course was the best series, so many memories from that one. My favorite regular season game had to be the Chicago game when horford went crazy and we came back after getting killed in that first quarter. The Orlando and Phoenix games that u posted had better ending moments but the entirety of the game was no where near the Chicago game. The build up in that Chicago game had me so hype in my living room standing in front of my tv for about 10 mins straight....I was losing my mind

I was just about to post that game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v74u_rimdqo
  • Like 1

The boston series is a little overrtaed. Only 3 of the 7 games was entertaining. The other was grade B ass whoopings. When Chicago and Boston went at it the next year in the playoffs it made our series with them seem like poop.For me it is the "Revenge Series" against Orlando the year after they MURDERED...I repeat MURDERED our asses.

The boston series is a little overrtaed. Only 3 of the 7 games was entertaining. The other was grade B ass whoopings. When Chicago and Boston went at it the next year in the playoffs it made our series with them seem like poop. For me it is the "Revenge Series" against Orlando the year after they MURDERED...I repeat MURDERED our asses.

No no no, the Orlando series was satisfying don't get me wrong but it did not have the impact that the celtics series did for the franchise or the fan base. The 2 moments I clearly remember from the Orlando series are the bank shot buzzer beater from Crawford and the headbut from Zaza....now that Boston series was filled with ridiculous memories....the joe crossover on posey at the buzzer, the ankle breaker on posey for the 3, josh dunking on ray Allen and making him look like a high school player, al hitting the jumper and then jawing off at pierce, al dusting the ball off after josh spiked it out of bounds, the Zaza and kg altercation, the crowd was bonkers, Zaza with the game 7 speech (still hilarious by the way), and the fact that it came against the 1seed Boston celtics the year they put 3 hall of famers together and won the title after we barely sneaked in with the 8 seed.....gotta roll with the celtics series bruh
  • Like 1

The Milwaukee series in 2010 . . for the ups and downs.

We had dominated the first 2 games of that series, despite having problems with Brandon Jennings.

Then Smith made those "Noah-like" comments about Milwaukee, plus the party trip to Chicago right before Game 3 ( allegedly led by Bibby )

That fired Milwaukee up, and they basically played like we did vs Boston in 2008, winning the 2 home games to tie the series.

Then came the infamous Game 5, in which the Hawks blew that 4th quarter lead, JJ literally played like he was drunk for 1/2 of that game, and Jamal completely sold us out with a 4 - 18 FG performance. LOL @ that foul JJ committed when he lost the ball, and gave Jennings a shoulder block. Hawks had an epic collapse in that game, especially when JJ fouled out. The team literally didn't know what to do.

Once we went down 3 - 2, I think about 75% of the fan base had given up on this team. People were salivating ( even on here ) at the prospect of us losing Game 6. Some even suggested that the Hawks should PURPOSELY lose Game 6, just so that Woody could be fired.

And then the Hawks came out in Game 6 @ Milwaukee and did this:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob1fAkG8rbw

It wasn't a pretty offensive game, but they played the best 12 minute stretch of defense that I've EVER seen on an NBA level.

Milwaukee goes up by 7 ( 34 - 27 ) with a little under 4 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter. I remember being in Hawksquawk chat that night, and seeing people being mad, but happy at the same time. Because they were convinced that we were going to get blown out at that point.

How did the Hawks respond?

They go on a 29 - 4 run in the next 12 minutes, including a 19 - 2 run to start the 3rd quarter, to completely take over the game and go up by 20 points. The defense that they played in that stretch was simply a thing of beauty. It was literally the best team defense I've ever seen.

And even when we STILL tried to give the game away in the 4th, Jamal finally redeems himself from the abysmal Game 5, to ice the game with timely shots.

At that point, there was no way we were losing Game 7 back in ATL. The Hawks quickly took control of that game, and never looked back.

While the 3 home games vs the Celtics were obviously the best playoff moments ( along with the Game 4 win vs the Bulls and the Game 6 win vs Orlando ), the Milwaukee series probably had the most range of highs and lows possible.

Edited by northcyde

I hated that Milwaukee series bc that was right when I started dating my fiancé who just so happens to be from Milwaukee.....she couldn't care less about sports but just felt the need to pick wit me throughout that series, I almost broke up with her lol