• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Braves return to the scene of last year epic collapse

WraithSentinel

Hard to believe it has been already one year. Sept has arrive and Braves are in a similar situation as last year. Except this year team is in better shape then last year. That still doesn't excuse the epic collapse/choke job of last year. Will the demons of last year haunt this year team?I hope they can hold it together and just let last year be an anomoly. Although tonight game isn't exactly a good start. Braves should have won tonight. Kimbrell give up the game in the 9th. Not a good way to start this final run given what happen last year.

Braves Braves Braves......Posted Image

Big smash by chip once again....man I'm gonna miss that dude

Medlen is beasting...that's really all that needs to be said. Oh and to all those that were saying before that we don't need David price because our staff is so strong, just asking but do you still feel that way?

Bases loaded, no outs and what do we do? Hmm.. of course we do not score one single run that inning. Dan Uggla & McCann have been absolutely terrible this year. It's pathetic and not acceptable; especially when Ugglas contract is a pretty decent size and batting 8th.Bourn is starting to slide too. Prado, Heyward, Chipper, and Freeman have been our bright side of this offense for the most part. It's September, I guess they didn't learn last year. Get your shit together, Braves!

Edited by AHawks89

• Moderators

Bases loaded, no outs and what do we do? Hmm.. of course we do not score one single run that inning. Dan Uggla & McCann have been absolutely terrible this year. It's pathetic and not acceptable; especially when Ugglas contract is a pretty decent size and batting 8th. Bourn is starting to slide too. Prado, Heyward, Chipper, and Freeman have been our bright side of this offense for the most part. It's September, I guess they didn't learn last year. Get your shit together, Braves!

Went to the game which was unbelievably sad. The Rockies are playing minor leaguers. We score on a little league gaff and make one run stick. The only good news was our pitching and defense. What a horrible, boring ass game. We had to play mound ball to make it interesting but it never rolls off the mound anymore. I've never seen a guy get benched and play so much. Uggla had a nice double but frankly that looked like an accident. Looked like he was just way late swinging as hard as possible and actually connected. Watching Prado, Heyward, and Freeman stand on the bases while a bunch of hacks can't get a ball out of the infield was frustrating for me. I can't imagine what its like for those guys who are actually delivering.

Went to the game which was unbelievably sad. The Rockies are playing minor leaguers. We score on a little league gaff and make one run stick. The only good news was our pitching and defense. What a horrible, boring ass game. We had to play mound ball to make it interesting but it never rolls off the mound anymore. I've never seen a guy get benched and play so much. Uggla had a nice double but frankly that looked like an accident. Looked like he was just way late swinging as hard as possible and actually connected. Watching Prado, Heyward, and Freeman stand on the bases while a bunch of hacks can't get a ball out of the infield was frustrating for me. I can't imagine what its like for those guys who are actually delivering.

We've been playing the rubber game. It's sad that we only scored 2 runs in 2 games. What's even more sad is that those were errors! Like you said, thanks to our pitching we've been winning these 1 run games. Uggla and McCann HAVE to start hitting. After our 1-5, it's almost predictable that we're not going to get anything out of the rest of the line up. At least Simmons will be back soon. I'm assuming he will be batting 6th. Edited by AHawks89

• Moderators

We've been playing the rubber game. It's sad that we only scored 2 runs in 2 games. What's even more sad is that those were errors! Like you said, thanks to our pitching we've been winning these 1 run games. Uggla and McCann HAVE to start hitting. After our 1-5, it's almost predictable that we're not going to get anything out of the rest of the line up. At least Simmons will be back soon. I'm assuming he will be batting 6th.

Bring Simmons back, rest McCann the rest of the way and don't play uggla. I think that'll help. McCann is just hurt and even though i'm guessing he'll need surgery a little rest can't be a bad thing. Ross is a good hitter. Uggla has worn out is welcome with everyone but Fredi it seems. I just can't believe he bitched about getting benched with the numbers he has. That takes some serious ego. They say Cox stuck with guys too long but Cox wouldn't put up with that kind of attitude.

• Moderators

We have the red hot Brewers up next. We must win 2 out of 3. Gained a game on the Nationals. Nationals have a tough schedule up ahead of them. Yeah, it's still possible we can catch them and win the division title. Let's go Braves!

I'm starting to wonder if the fleeting chance of catching the Nats is worth burning guys like Mccann, kimbrell, chipper. In past years i'd say no but with this one game play-in BS I'm thinking we do all we can. If we end up 5 games ahead of the 2nd wildcard team and lose the damn one game i'll be pissed. I wonder when the last time there was a one game playoff game in MLB. Probably never. I know there is a one game tie breaker if two teams end up tied for the playoffs but this is a real playoff game. A one game series. I think its ridiculous.