• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just watched Dwight's full interview with Bucher and...

ATLscrubLove

He spent literally an entire hour speaking about how he is tired of pleasing others, needs to start doing things for himself. He kept saying L.A. is where God wants him to be. Also, he still didn't say anything about the future. He went on to say that he loves the city of Orlando and all its fans. Also he used the city of Atlanta as an example when talking about Orlando... He said that he initially left Atlanta to go out and make a name for himself and that he still loves the city and that it is his home. So take that however you want.But as far as I can tell he seems dedicated to winning a championship. So, unless he feels like he can win one here he obviously will not come. Guess we just gotta hope L.A. doesn't win this upcoming season and maybe he will consider ATL.Anyways guys don't waste your time watching the interview, I only did to see if he would slip up and hint at anything or say anything about Atlanta and he didn't.

• Moderators

He spent literally an entire hour speaking about how he is tired of pleasing others, needs to start doing things for himself. He kept saying L.A. is where God wants him to be.

Dwight, you were traded to the wrong city if you are tired of pleasing others. Hell, you are in the wrong industry if you are tired of pleasing others... Players are nothing more than puppets dancing on a stage to entertain the crowd... ASA Dwight has a bad streak on the court, L.A. will let him know they don't approve and are not pleased... I still believe the only city and team he could play for and do no wrong on is Atlanta. Atlanta loves Dwight unconditionally and with him on the team, THERE IS A CHANCE TO WIN A TITLE. I believe people end up where they are suppose to be in life, but I also believe that people have the power to dictate how their life is lived... You were traded to LA because they were the only team offering. Next offseason will be different...

I still believe there is a chance that he walks away from LA and comes to Atlanta. Also, the thing about interviews with these celeb types is that they are consistently have to watch what they say. He is saying that he "likes LA and feels he is meant to be there" because that is what he is suppose to say... He isn't going to say that he is still bitter about being swept in the Finals and will walk out of LA after the season is over or something of the likes... He and God are the only two individuals that actually know where he wants to be... Hopefully its in a Hawks uni. If not, Plan B... Go after Paul.

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

Also he used the city of Atlanta as an example when talking about Orlando... He said that he initially left Atlanta to go out and make a name for himself and that he still loves the city and that it is his home.

Going to LA behind all the Laker greats to make a name for yourself??? LoL! Yeah right. Nothing that he will do can put him in the same lights as Shaq, Wilt, Kareem, Magic, Kobe, even Jerry. I mean aside from maybe winning 4+ chips in a row which is highly improbable. Let's be honest. He is building onto Kobe's legacy of winning, but "only getting it done with the most dominant front court"...The whole fiasco is just weak to me.

Atlanta, his very own home city, has little NBA legacy and is waiting for a franchise hero to take us back to "Elite-land/Contender-ville"...Our pride and joy, Dominique Wilkins is our most popular basketball figure all-time, and he was cheated out of top 50 and never won a championship. How hard is that to out do if you are the game's most dominant big man.

What can ATL offer Dwight besides the MONEY??? Factor in if he signs with us outright.

He'd have a long-time best bud, who is a top 5 athlete/stat stuffer (Josh), a smart, super-competitive, well-rounded counterpart at PF (Horford), prolific shooters (another good friend in Morrow, Jenkins, Korver), and a great 6th man in Louis Williams (who is also from ATL). Throw in Teague who has the tools to be a top 5-7 PG. I mean at worse, he's better than Nelson. And the money to possibly sign another complimentary piece next summer.

Just sayin.

Edited by y2kenta

Starting to KINDA think that Dwight may not be all together "upstairs"...No diss or disrespect but every other time he gives reasoning for actions or decisions, he makes you wonder sometimes. Really want to have him here like everyone else but it is what is.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Starting to KINDA think that Dwight may not be all together "upstairs"...No diss or disrespect but every other time he gives reasoning for actions or decisions, he makes you wonder sometimes. Really want to have him here like everyone else but it is what is.

This. His rationalizations and decision-making have been highly questionable over the last year or so.

Honestly at this point it is all gonna depend on how the Lakers do this season. If they don't at least come out of th west I'd say there is a 35% chance Dwight will go elsewhere. But with all percentages in consideration I'd say the Hawks only have about an 10% chance at Dwight next year. But if we are indeed going after Paul as well we will need to bring one of them in as quickly as possible in an attempt to lure the other. I can honestly see Paul coming here. But like I said it is really all gonna depend on how their respective teams due this upcoming season.

Going to LA behind all the Laker greats to make a name for yourself??? LoL! Yeah right. Nothing that he will do can put him in the same lights as Shaq, Wilt, Kareem, Magic, Kobe, even Jerry. I mean aside from maybe winning 4+ chips in a row which is highly improbable. Let's be honest. He is building onto Kobe's legacy of winning, but "only getting it done with the most dominant front court"...The whole fiasco is just weak to me.

Just sayin.

Just saying ..... a three peat is reality with Nash, Kobe, Gasol, and Howard. Very real and if they ONLY get one or two, Howard will have a bigger legacy than Nique and Patrick Ewing. Ewings biggest let down has always been not getting a ring, I don't blame Dwight for wanting one. Hell when a player does not want one it bothers me. The way he handled it was tiresome but like another poster said he is still pretty damn young. Edited by Buzzard