• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks should have drafted Perry Jones over Mike Jenkins

Blunt91

I know this isn't the right forum to talk about players on other teams, but hearing how Scott Brooks rave about Perry Jones makes us look dumb for not taking him. Now we are trying to find a decent Small Forward when we could have had one. Mike Jenkins may turn out to be good, but he isn't a guy that can defend multiple postions or score in the post and shoot from long range. Finding a 2 gurad is easier than finding a Small forward who can play.

• Like 1

I know this isn't the right forum to talk about players on other teams, but hearing how Scott Brooks rave about Perry Jones makes us look dumb for not taking him. Now we are trying to find a decent Small Forward when we could have had one. Mike Jenkins may turn out to be good, but he isn't a guy that can defend multiple postions or score in the post and shoot from long range. Finding a 2 gurad is easier than finding a Small forward who can play.

I agree. Perry has as much talent as anyone in the draft. His problem is desire/heart/energy. He is soft. If he grows up (man up) he is LaMarcus Aldridge.

Yes we do need a quality SF, but Scott Brooks raving about his own player how exactly does that make the Hawks look dumb. At least wait until the midway point of the season after both Jones and Jenkins have some games under their belts before making such a bold statement.

• Moderators

I'm fine with Jenkins and Scott. Jenkins will be our starting SG of the future. Mike Scott will be a great F off of the bench. That game tying three vs. the Spurs was clutch. That's the type of players the Hawks need. 2012 will be a draft to remember for the Hawks and with all of the cap space we will have next offseason, we very well could snag a FA SF or trade for Rudy Gay. Also, if DF goes after DH12 like everyone suspects, Smith will become our SF. Perry Jones has knee problems which spells a short shelf life in NBA. I'll take the next Ray Allen and good scorer in Scott over Brandon Roy's clone.

Yes, we should have taken Perry Jones, Arnett Moultrie, or Tony Wroten over John Jenkins as I stated draft night. If it is true that Deron contacted Joe 5 days before the trade was ever made then this is even more disappointing because they knew this was a possibility draft night and still took a one-dimensional player with less upside. They new they were going to take a step back in talent and still took Jenkins over more talented players. Ferry is being so overrated with his moves so-far.

I agree. Perry has as much talent as anyone in the draft. His problem is desire/heart/energy. He is soft. If he grows up (man up) he is LaMarcus Aldridge.

He's different than LaMarcus Aldridge. He's got a better handle. I'd say he's more like KD-(super)lite.

If Perry lack heart/desire/energy. Then we can see the main reason Scott Brooks is raving about him. Brooks is trying to motivate him into being the player he has potential to be. As for Jenkins well I don't see anyone questioning his heart/desire/energy. This is the NBA. If a player already lacks those 3 things before they even enter the league. Chances of them ever finding it is very slim.

John Jenkins: Our new JJ.

As quick as he was drafted, someone was down on our pick and had 2 or 3

which they believe would have been so much better.

Now that the Hawks have played two pre-season games, Oh, what an error

was made by the Hawks in the draft.

We all believe that we're smarter and more with the program than any of the

scouts, coaches and the GM of the Hawks. We know, at once, when they have

made an error and will let all the fans know this.

After all, what do they know? Obviously, not much. If they were smart, like us,

they wouldn't make all those stupid mistakes.

Oh, well. It's too late. Guess we'll just have to live with it or go become a fan

of the other teams that selected those players. Now, that's an idea!

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 1

John Jenkins: Our new JJ.

As quick as he was drafted, someone was down on our pick and had 2 or 3

which they believe would have been so much better.

Now that the Hawks have played two pre-season games, Oh, what an error

was made by the Hawks in the draft.

We all believe that we're smarter and more with the program than any of the

scouts, coaches and the GM of the Hawks. We know, at once, when they have

made an error and will let all the fans know this.

After all, what do they know? Obviously, not much. If they were smart, like us,

they wouldn't make all those stupid mistakes.

Oh, well. It's too late. Guess we'll just have to live with it or go become a fan

of the other teams that selected those players. Now, that's an idea!

Oh, another one who has the ideal recipe of "Fandom". I'm no expert but I do recognize there is a huge athletic/skills difference between Perry and Jenkins as wellas size. They are both special in their own way, I would have drafted Perry. In fact Perry was viewed as a top ten guy much of his senior season.

What we should have done was get Marshon Brooks in the JJ/Nets trade. he is better than anyone we would have drafted.

they refused to give up Brooks...if they were going to, the trade would have gone thru much sooner

Posted Image

tired of hearing about Brooks over and over...read a freaking magazine or website :(

Even if they refused to give up Brooks the fact that Ferry could not get him let's you know his moves thus far are overrated, he has not clearly won any transaction on the court, maybe with cap space, but not on the court. Did not win with his 1st rd draft pick and did not win on the court with either trade yet considering having a SF in Marvin might prove to be better for this team than having just another smallish PG who takes up a lot of salary and is very unreliable like Harris. Harris is this years Kirk.