• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Today's game...

AHawks89

We might see Zaza & Harris play today. Drew has been praising Ivan Johnson work ethic, hustle, and toughness in practice.

“I thought Ivan Johnson was really good today in practice,” Drew said. “He brought a lot of energy, a lot of intensity. He brought a real physicality to our practice and I really embrace that about him because that is what toughens your practices up. Obviously we want that to have a carry-over effect to our games.

http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2012/10/13/atlanta-hawks-practice-report-more-defense-tweets/?cxntfid=blogs_hawks

• Moderators

34 free throws? I likey!Also 8 assists from Jeff in 28 minutes sounds jazzy enough.Can't have Mike Conley looking like Drazen Petrovic out there though. Gotta clean up that perimeter D.Anyone agree Damion has the inside track on a final spot coming down the home stretch?~lw3

Yup. It was weird looking at the box score seeing someone that had 9 attempts at the FT line. That someone, of course is Lou Williams. I think they said that out of all the guards, Lou and Devin were ranked 5th and 6th at getting to the line.And yeah, I believe Damion will grab that last roster spot.

Edited by AHawks89

Here we go:

Replacing Johnson with Devin Harris and Lou Williams could help the Hawks in one offensive category. As talented as he is, Johnson doesn't get to the free throw line very often, and he attempted just 20 free throws per 100 field goal attempts last season. As a team, the Hawks ranked 21st in free throw rate.

Harris and Williams attempted 39 and 37 free throws per 100 field goal attempts respectively. That ranked them sixth and seventh in free throw rate among 66 guards who attempted at least 500 shots last season. Those trips to the line can make up for a lot of other things offensively.

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/09/17/southeast-division-advanced-stats/index.html

Old article, but I was watching the Atlanta Hawks Season Preview on NBA TV, and they mentioned that.

Edited by AHawks89