• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Feels good to be a Georgia Bulldog

AHawks89

HOW ABOUT EM DAWGS!!! We control our own destiny now. If we can win out, and beat Alabama (heh), then I think we have a really good shot at the BCS Championship.The defense looked like the defense from last year. Outstanding job by the defense. Aaron Murray looked rattled today.

Murray looked horrible. It looks like he is still feeling it from the South Carolina game (which I feel was partly due to his father). The defense can only do so much and luckily they were going up against an offense that would struggle anyway (Florida is defense first). I would understand if Murray just couldn't get anything done but all 3 of his ints were on him and not his receivers. Bad throws constantly. He needs to figure out what is wrong.

Murray looked horrible. It looks like he is still feeling it from the South Carolina game (which I feel was partly due to his father).

Uh, Aaron did not find out about his fathers medical condition until after the game. There is literally no possible way to blame his poor performance on something he knew nothing about.

Uh, Aaron did not find out about his fathers medical condition until after the game. There is literally no possible way to blame his poor performance on something he knew nothing about.

You really think that he had no idea something was up with his father? Of course they "officially" told him on the Sunday after it, because if they would have come out and said he was told before there would be calls to tar and feather whoever told him.

• Moderators

Georgia is overrated for this season but I love the win against Florida. I am still waiting on the team to develop a standout offensive line which I think would be the difference between yet another year like this one (no chance to compete against Alabama and possibly can lose to anyone: Missouri, Kentucky, etc.). Things have broken just right for UGA this season, and I think the Dawgs will end up getting back into the SEC championship game to be sacrificial lambs to the Crimson Tide.Gurley can be a very effective back going forward so I am excited if Georgia can run block for him the next few years.

Alabama will murder this team.It seems like GA is always leaving points out on the field. They would have to play a perfect game to have even a competitive shot against Bama, with some breaks, like major TOs or special teams play, going in their favor. It seems they can never fully capitalize when they get those breaks, though -- see 1st half against LSU last year, UGA could have been up as many as 21 pts if they catch the football.Also, I recognize Mr. Murray's accomplishments as a very good QB, but there is enough of a body of work to say that he shrinks a little bit in the big moments. A lot of times QBs get too much credit and blame, but all three of those picks he threw in the first half were absolutely horrible.UF was overrated but had a nice run with what they had. Credit the defense and also Bobo for once in that he kept calling for throws when appropriate instead of going ultra conservative (as he has in the past) when it was clear Murray was struggling. Very nice to get the UF monkey off the back.Bama is on another level. UGA offensive line v Alabama defense is akin to lambs being led to the wolves, and I think Alabama's road graters on the OL eventually wear down GA up front. 2011/12 SECCG, redux.I will hope for a miracle if/when the day comes.

Just need to add some balance to this thread.Name #1 QB who has looked good vs. Florida this year ? Ya, thats right, there isn't one. So they deserve some credit just as much as AM deserves blame for 3 bad decisions.Coming into that game Florida lead the nation in turnover differential. Their defense has been a turover creating machine all season. Last Saturday UGA's defense just out played them creating 6 turnovers themselves.Florida has given up more then 17 points once all year. That was when they gave up 20 to Tennessee.Florida did to Murray what they do to every QB they have faced all year. To AM;s credit he stayed poised and had a very good 4th quarter when it really counted.Assuming UGA beat Ole Miss and Auburn, then in the SECCG AM will need to take the sack vs. throwing into double or triple coverage. Granted most of his interceptions first hit our WRs in the hand.....the problem is they are triple covered and get hit causing the ball to pop up in the air for grabs.As far as a path to the Bull Sh*t Championship Game (as many now refer to it as)Oregon still has to beat USC, Stanford, Cal, and Oregon St plus win the PAC -12 Championship Game. Unfortunately USC was vastly overrated this year. Oregaon has a cupkake schedule so far making it tough to gage just how good they really are. I can't help but think back to when they blew out every PAC -12 team only to be shut down by LSU's defense in the National Championship Game a couple of years back. I expect the same to happen again if they squeak through their PAC -12 schedule.K-State has some tough games left to play vs. Oklahoma St. and Texas but they face them both at K-State which is a huge plus on their side. They also play TCU and Baylor who are no slouches. Baylor scores alot of points and TCU has the reputation of a good defensive team even though they have underperformed this year.Notre Dame has a cupcake schedule more so then Oregon. They squeaked by an average BYU team. Barely hung on to beat Michigan 13-6. Remember Alabama blew the doors off Michigan who was simply over matched. ND also struggled to beat a 2 win Purdue team who's only victories came agaisnt Eastern Michigan and Eastern Kentucky. Unfortunately Notre Dame toughest game is a USC team that is underperforming. A 4-4 Pitt team may give them a run for their money this Saturday. Pitt has actually played some good teams real tought this year. If Notre Dame makes it through that cupcake of a schedule then they will be dominated by whatever SEC team they face in the BCSCG.Georgia fans need to cheer for Florida to beat FSU and for Carolina to beat Clemson in to help the Dawgs strength of schedule. We also need Ole Miss to beat Miss St (giving Ole Miss an unexpected 8 win year) for more strength of schedule points.

Edited by coachx

There is no doubt that Florida is an elite defense, but AM threw into (triple) coverage on the first, tipped interception and followed that up with two absolutely terrible throws for picks two and three. I credit Florida with a good scheme but those throws, particularly the last 2, were all on AM.I would expect more from a supposed elite passer. Give him credit for maintaining his poise in the 4th qtr, but let's not pretend he was Peyton Manning. He identified single coverage on the outside and delivered on some short comeback routes.I do not believe he is culpable for the SC debacle as he was being chased around the field by future NFL linemen all night, a situation made worse by the early deficit and GA's absolute inability to run the ball at all in that game.

Edited by jhay610

I can't help but think back to when they blew out every PAC -12 team only to be shut down by LSU's defense in the National Championship Game a couple of years back. I expect the same to happen again if they squeak through their PAC -12 schedule.

It was Auburn's defense that year. And Auburn's defense was not their strong suit that year, it was Scam (who coincidentally was slowed down by really only three teams that year...Miss State, Clemson, and Oregon). I don't really agree with your Notre Dame assessment for schedule (Stanford, Michigan, Oklahoma, USC gives them 4 ranked). I also do not know if these are "cupcake" schedule's relative to UGA's. If they are cupcake relative to UGA then I have to laugh since UGA has only played (and will only play) two ranked teams. With UGA, I really don't see what USC beating Clemson would improve. It is not like UGA beat USC, if anything UGA would be helped by GT making a run at the ACCG (haha, still possible. God the Coastal is awful this year.) and Florida beating FSU. I do not see UGA having any control of their destiny here, they better hope for some shake ups. But like I said in another thread, I really think this is all moot because UGA will lose in hilarious fashion to Auburn this year.

• Moderators

UGA has as much chance of winning the national championship as losing to Auburn - next to none in both cases. Auburn is just a sad and depressed team this year. On UGA's strength of schedule, Notre Dame has played a tougher schedule for sure. While it will help UGA's computer rankings if South Carolina beats Clemson (a prospect now much less likely with Lattimore gone), that won't be a significant bump. UGA needs a tremendous amount of luck and to beat Alabama in the SECCG to make a run. When UGA lost to USC, I looked at the schedules and said "we have a great chance to get back in this if LSU and UF can beat USC." Both of those were realistic. When I see what has to happen for UGA to get into the championship game, the odds are so remote it looks like playing the lottery.All UGA should do at this point is focus on finishing their regular season in the SEC strong and then watching lots of tape on Alabama to come up with a great gameplan. (And I don't like our odds of outscheming Saban and his staff with Bobo).

• Moderators

Several articles this week about UGA having an outside shot at a national title or at least setting up to play Bama for a spot in title game after UGA was #5 in the BCS poll this week. I still don't think it is realistic (because other teams won't lose and Bama is better) but it will be interesting to see the rest of the season unfold.

For any extra motivation, the Bulldogs can look at the latest BCS standings, where they checked in at No. 5 this week. Does Georgia really have a chance at the national title? Maybe. It would at least take losses by two of Oregon, Kansas State and Notre Dame, and then Georgia would have to beat Alabama in the SEC title game. As anyone who lived through 2007 can attest, though, stranger things have happened.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/andy_staples/11/06/college-football-power-rankings-week-10/index.html#ixzz2BYuSHWRu

Georgia is 8-1 and should it win out against a favorable slate (at Auburn, Georgia Southern, Georgia Tech) and get a loss from two of the three teams ahead of it (Oregon, Kansas State, Notre Dame) it could play a showdown game against No. 1 Alabama for the SEC championship with a spot in the BCS title game on the line.

The Bulldogs may be the only one-loss team with a viable (if moderately long) route to the title. Yet Richt isn't focused on that, isn't obsessed with the results of others and won't talk at all about Alabama right now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--georgia-s-mark-richt-only-interested-in-national-title-bids-on-terms-that-won-t-compromise-his-faith.html

It was Auburn's defense that year. And Auburn's defense was not their strong suit that year, it was Scam (who coincidentally was slowed down by really only three teams that year...Miss State, Clemson, and Oregon

Yep your right.......I was confusing that with the year LSU destroyed Oregon in a season opener. Point being ........they ran into 2 SEC teams and got destroyed. Granted the Ducks blew out a piss poor Tennessee team a few years back too. Now SEC fans can only hope for: Notre Dame to lose to a piss poor Wake Forest team or USC. Oregon has to lose to either Stanford, Oregon St., or USC (assuming USC defeats UCLA) K. State loses to either Baylor or Texas. I think the chances are good that Notre Dame loses to USC and K. State losing to Texas. Edited by coachx

• Moderators

I think the chances are good that Notre Dame loses to USC and K. State losing to Texas.

Both of those are realistic. Alabama seems to have lost their focus as well. Hopefully they will keep stumbling towards the end of the season for when UGA meets them in the SEC Championship. I really don't want to see them refocused with extra prep time under Saban.

But like I said in another thread, I really think this is all moot because UGA will lose in hilarious fashion to Auburn this year.

I'll take that kind of hilarious every game!

Well looks like my prediction was way off base. Good thing for UGA fans.It does sound like there is a possibility that UGA meets up with Clemson in the Sugar Bowl. That could really renew the rivalry with the upcoming home-home series.

• Moderators

Well looks like my prediction was way off base. Good thing for UGA fans. It does sound like there is a possibility that UGA meets up with Clemson in the Sugar Bowl. That could really renew the rivalry with the upcoming home-home series.

That would be great. That is a rivalry with a great history between two great football programs. Hopefully the new non-BCS format will reward tougher scheduling and that will bring it back for the long-term.

That would be great. That is a rivalry with a great history between two great football programs. Hopefully the new non-BCS format will reward tougher scheduling and that will bring it back for the long-term.

I would love to see that again. And I would also love to see more competitive games as opposed to bringing in a Wofford or whomever is there to just collect a check. I am unsure that this new playoff system will incentivize a tough out of conference schedule though. If it does, I think UGA and Clemson would be open to play a lot. They seem to be two teams who go against the status quo of SEC and ACC teams and schedule 2 legitimate teams out of conference each year. These schedules are usually put 4 or 5 years in advance, so let's ignore the lame Auburn and GT this year.

Remember how I said UGA has no chance at the national championship ? Oh you don't ? Good.

Told yall folks we have a chance! Like I said a while back, all we have to do is win out and we'll be there!

Oh and for a fun cool fact:

1980 - The last time UGA had a freshman run for over 1,000 yards. Bama finished 2nd in the SEC and Georgia beat Notre Dame for the National Championship.

I guess we'll find out if history truly does repeat itself!!