• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Feels good to be a Georgia Bulldog

AHawks89

Told yall folks we have a chance! Like I said a while back, all we have to do is win out and we'll be there!

Oh and for a fun cool fact:

1980 - The last time UGA had a freshman run for over 1,000 yards. Bama finished 2nd in the SEC and Georgia beat Notre Dame for the National Championship.

I guess we'll find out if history truly does repeat itself!!

Hey if history is repeating itself, then I am going to love next year!

Hey if history is repeating itself, then I am going to love next year!

Ya' Clemson got theirs in '81. I'd be fine with UGA winning it this year and Clemson gets theirs next year. I thinik an ACC team will need to go undefeated to get into the BCS Championship game unless their football play improves dramtically. Playoffs start in the 2014 season right ? Really looking foward to UGA / Clemson to start off the season the next 2 years. I have more Clemson people living around me then any other school......other then UGA of course. We will be trotting out 8 new starters on denfense. UGA's defense may be vunerable in that game. Edited by coachx

Ya' Clemson got theirs in '81. I'd be fine with UGA winning it this year and Clemson gets theirs next year. I thinik an ACC team will need to go undefeated to get into the BCS Championship game unless their football play improves dramtically. Playoffs start in the 2014 season right ? Really looking foward to UGA / Clemson to start off the season the next 2 years. I have more Clemson people living around me then any other school......other then UGA of course. We will be trotting out 8 new starters on denfense. UGA's defense may be vunerable in that game.

Yup, 2014 starts it off. I would halfway agree with you on an ACC team needing to be undefeated because it really depends on who they play OOC. Next year, I think Clemson could take a loss since their OOC is UGA and SCAR. If FSU/UNC picks up a decent OOC team, then I think they could take a loss (UF/SCAR). But yeah, the majority aren't even playing one top 15 programs for OOC. If you load up with better OOC teams, then I think you have a legit claim to having as hard of a schedule as the SEC teams which will be what people judge you on. Heck, I am looking at the Clemson and UGA schedules this year and I find it difficult to say that UGA had a harder schedule. It sucks for Clemson this year that Auburn had to shit the bed so bad because if they were the top 25 projected team they were supposed to be, then Clemson has a legitimate claim to being a top 4 team (pending SCAR game). Of course, if VT and GT played to their 5 year averages then Clemson has one of the harder schedules in the nation. At this point, it is really hard to defend the ACC because it really has been completely pathetic. Just across the board and for so many years they have failed in their OOC games. I don't even think an ACC sweep of the SEC tomorrow would change much of the perception because of how big a hole the ACC has dug. August 31st can't get here soon enough though! Although UGA-Clemson may come sooner, it sounds like there is an outside shot of them playing in the Sugar Bowl (but that looks to have passed after last weekend). Edited by hawksfanatic

Clemson has an excellent shot to win tomorrow vs Carolina. Without Lattimore, Carolina is not the same team. Connar Shaw needs that running threat and balance to be effective. I think Clowney will play for the 1st time in a few games. If he is not 100% Clemson has a very good chance.

Same with FSU and UF. Jeff Dryskle will playing for the 1st time in a few games too. He has not been right since the UGA game where he was beat down all game long. If Dryskle is too beat up to be a legit running threat then FSU should win

On the ACC needing to go undefeated in next season to make a BCSCG..............I was refering to the computers. FSU is ranked pretty high in the human polls but the computers have them ranked like 25th b/c the computers don't give any weight to ACC wins. 33.3% of the BCS is on the computers. A UGA loss and a Florida loss will put Oregon and FSU back in the conversation.

Luckily computers will not decide championships any more after next season.

Your point on both VT and GT probably finishing at 6-6 is well taken. Most years they are better then that. With Miami and UNC staring dows at future NCAA sanctions it has really hurt their recruiting and quality of play on the field. This hurts the ACC as well. UNC held their own this year but we will see their football program suffer over the next few seasons.

Edited by coachx

I expect Clemson and Carolina game to be really close. I think Clemson will come out on top due to the obvious injury of Lattimore, but Carolina D will put up a huge fight.I have a gut feeling that Florida will beat FSU in FSU, but I will pick FSU to win because they're playing at home.

• Moderators

Where did all the Mike Bobo haters go ? Coincidentally he was just named a finalist for the 2012 Broyles Award which goes to the nations top assistant coach.

I have been a Bobo hater so I am happy to eat some crow on this and I fervently hope that I eat some crow after giving UGA an extremely low chance to play for the national championship a few weeks ago. What is interesting about the top of the SEC right now is that at the end of the regular season the two division champs are Alabama and Georgia and the BCS standings are: 1. Alabama 2. Georgia 3. Florida After the SEC championship game, however, it is expected that Florida will be in a BCS game and the loser of the SEC championship won't be in any BCS bowl. That is pretty unappetizing for the loser, but I'd much rather have the shot at a national title so I am not going to cry about it by any means. Go Dawgs, roll over the Tide!

• Moderators

This one really, really hurt. I hated the playcalling the two series before we tried to give Bama the game (note: running the ball and picking up some midrange to modest gains would be just fine). We got incredibly lucky and stopped Bama and had a chance to redeem ourselves. We weren't remotely lucky on the call reversal on the last drive (i.e., deserved it and as an aside I'm not sure why not a single pass interference call came when the Bama defenders hit the UGA receivers before the ball arrived over and over) but shooting ourselves in the head by not spiking the ball and making sure everyone was on the same page (i.e., only throw the ball in the end zone; if you aren't in already or have a clear path to the end zone just make sure the pass is incomplete on 2nd and 3rd down) and then having the brain fart is a stomach punch.

Glad Georgia showed pride in this one and fought until the end but it is just very painful miss our shot at the top and fall to a 2nd rate bowl as a result of a single pass being tipped or not.

This one really, really hurt. I hated the playcalling the two series before we tried to give Bama the game (note: running the ball and picking up some midrange to modest gains would be just fine). We got incredibly lucky and stopped Bama and had a chance to redeem ourselves. We weren't remotely lucky on the call reversal on the last drive (i.e., deserved it and as an aside I'm not sure why not a single pass interference call came when the Bama defenders hit the UGA receivers before the ball arrived over and over) but shooting ourselves in the head by not spiking the ball and making sure everyone was on the same page (i.e., only throw the ball in the end zone; if you aren't in already or have a clear path to the end zone just make sure the pass is incomplete on 2nd and 3rd down) and then having the brain fart is a stomach punch. Glad Georgia showed pride in this one and fought until the end but it is just very painful miss our shot at the top and fall to a 2nd rate bowl as a result of a single pass being tipped or not.

The officiating was bad. I find it hilarious that on the bama boards they are saying how the refs were favoring UGA (a td that should have been called). I thought the spots were bad...but that could have been because i was in the upperdeck. The hit on Murray when he was clearly out of the play should have been a penalty, it was Nick Fairley esque. It also seemed that they held a lot for no-calls. It was a 7 to 2 penalty difference.That being said, a lot of people are bashing the defense for not being able to stop the run. Yes the defense should have been better, but they were tired. The offense had several quick 3 and outs and as a result, the defense had to play may more than was necessary. Yet we could push the ball when we needed to in a 2-minute offense...the logic of Mike Bobo.On the last play. Yes the ball was tipped but Murray should have spiked it. It is easier to spike it and take your shots in the endzone.Very disappointing loss.

I think it was easily the best overall game of the year which makes it even worse that it had to end that way. The defense was definitely tired but they came up with the stop that they needed in the end and gave the offense a chance to win it. Hell of an effort, of course they should have spiked it but can't kill em for it....coach richt said they had the play they wanted but the ball was tipped at the line, good play by the Alabama defense. Great game just wish it would have ended differently

Murray was coming up to the line looking toward the sideline and motioning as if to ask whether he should spike it. The call to run the play came from the coaches, and it was incorrect.

They lost 6 seconds there between the spot and snap. Also, the King play. He gets injured, which gives you a bunch of extra time to get your play called and get lined up, or at least spike the ball. Yet Georgia gets to the line after this long reprieve and lets nine seconds -- NINE SECONDS!!! -- run off the game clock from :30 to :21 before Murray snaps and completes to Lynch.

Conley catching the ball is pure instinct -- he would have had to have exceptional awareness of his position on the field, the game situation, and the position of his opponents in order to bat that ball down. I would not expect a player to make that play in what is essentially a scramble/panic situation, especially in view of the fact that they did not huddle up before the play. I wish he would have, but I can't expect it.

All tolled, you lost :15 due to botched game management on the last drive. That is the difference in having enough time to get up to the line and spike it or run a desperation play after the Conley catch.

Lots of talking points with this one. The Ogletree helmet-to-helmet getting called (which eventually benefited GA as it extended a drive and they got an interception rather than a short field goal) yet Murray getting obliterated by a D-lineman right in front of an official with no call. I saw Alabama's secondary hitting GA receivers early all game long and not one was called.

GA looked to have caught a break on the (non?) tipped ball negating the PI and a first down. The blocked field goal on the next play, as Ogletree was streaking down the middle of the field with first round pick speed, was probably the most exciting GA football moment since David Greene to Michael Johnson. The flip side of that was that the GA defense was tired, and that meant they were right back on the field after a long drive.

There were two big 3rd down and short plays down the stretch -- on 3rd and 1 with about 6 mins left and up 3 Gurley gets a hole but gets stood up and stuffed. On 3rd and 4 or 5 a few mins later Yeldon gets hit at the line of scrimmage by Shawn Williams but wriggles through and converts. GA players tackling too high was a consistent problem all day as Alabama's big backs would push them forward for yards after contact. Next play is the play-action deep pass for the touchdown.

Saban's decision to chase points early and go for two. He was supremely confident that he could line it up and run it in, and he was right. GA's strength as a defense is their speed and acceleration to the ball, however they were effectively neutralized by Bama's power running game coming downhill right at them.

I can accept that Bama is a little bit better. I can accept that 350 yds rushing is a recipe for a loss. However it is difficult to accept that GA's best shot at a championship in my lifetime never materialized due to clock mismanagement. I cannot imagine the euphoria and pandemonium that would have erupted if GA somehow gets the ball into the end zone as time expired. It would have, in fact, made a classic game an epic one, a game that would be remembered through the ages, and not just by GA backers.

Much credit to the coaches and the team for coming out ready to take the fight to the Crimson Tide. I felt like GA needed big special teams wins (hard to imagine going in given recent history) and a couple of turnovers to keep within range of the Tide, and they got that but still weren't able to capitalize and parlay that into a win.

GA fans will be talking about this woebegone tale for years and years to come, particularly if Alabama rolls to another national championship.

• Like 1