• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official First Game Overreaction Thread

AnthonyI11

It may be the first game but you should not expect to see the same ole from players who have been here. There is supposed to be a maturity to Josh's game, better offense from Al and a more controlled Teague. I give the new guys a bit of a pass except Tolliver...yuck, I rather see Ivan.

- Josh's shot selection was terrible, but did go inside the paint a lot, too. (Everyone stills takes the anger out on him)- Al Horford looked MIA. He's our Center but yet has 5 rebounds. He played the worse of all people tonight.- Zaza looked eager to grab rebounds. Zaza and Josh were the only ones trying to grab boards. Zaza was calling out teammates to box out.- Drews rotation looked horrible. No clue why Ivan did not get any playing time.- We played better ball when Zaza, Horford, and Smoove were all on the court.- Devin looked good when he was out there. (No clue why Drew didn't get him much PT)- Tolliver should not be one of the main guys coming off the bench right away. - Did I forget to mention that Drews substitutions patterns were horrible?

Other than Zaza no one showed me any hustle. All I saw were guys just wanting to get their shot off and not play any defense. I'm going to be honest I turned it after the first half. It was just a horrible showing and it's going to be a long season for this team I believe. As I said outside of Zaza these guys are soft which is why I was shocked not to see Ivan out there. I was waiting to see Ivan come off the bench due to us just getting bullied on the boards and it never happened.I will give Houston their props though. They absolutely got a steal for Harden and Lin. I (like the crowd) thought Lin was overrated last year because he played in NY but he's not. Very smart player who is pass first and can get to the rim. He also carries that chip on his shoulder like he has something to prove every night and seems to be in the right place at all times. Harden is what I thought he was coming out of ASU and that's a complete ball player. Seriously though the Rockets GM is looking like a genius. Paying Lin only 8 mil. and getting Harden for 5/80 seems like highway robbery to me.I'm still in question about Danny Ferry at GM. His draft record is Pete Babcock-ish and while I know his plan was to get expiring contracts but this team just has no size what so ever. It's going to be painful to watch and I honestly believe the best we can hope for is some high draft picks.

• Premium Member

No effort in defense, awful rebounding, no IVAN at all, terrible shot selection and having someone torch you for 45 is not exactly what I wanted to see last night.Zaza gets in, the team gets better right away. I guess if the undertaker plays some IVAN last night we could have won despite the lack of effort.Props to Zaza, Teague and Stevenson. Horford needs to improve his rebounding. Josh wasn't horrible except for several idiotic jumpers. Good rebounding night. I'm concerned about his FGA. 21 attempts for Horford's 10 FGA and only a 4 point differential. Why he gets to shoot this much is beyond me.Drew has no clue.

Edited by BrazilianHawk

When I woke up this morning I looked to the corner of my living room and thought it was my 7 year old. It was Tolliver standing waiting there doing nothing but waiting to jack another 3. Please send dude to the bench. Waste of a big man.

When I woke up this morning I looked to the corner of my living room and thought it was my 7 year old. It was Tolliver standing waiting there doing nothing but waiting to jack another 3. Please send dude to the bench. Waste of a big man.

the truth is we are going to have to shoot better than the other team to win. if tolliver hits some of those wide open 3s we win . houstans big guyseven stepped out on us to hit 3s to stop our momentum at critcal times.but hey its the first game & at least those little guys stepped up their intensity to get us back in the game. carver did not have a good night eitheir.and josh yea he did take some bad shots at inoppertune time, but the harsh reality is you can not get better & become a superstar unless you try. you just cant wipe your ass on 18 pts, & 12 rbs.ther will be nights when he will hit those shots.one of these nights hes going to go 30 & 20 then you will say damb.

Lmao at everyone giving Tolliver a hard time. Have you guys EVER played basketball? Do you have great shooting nights every single game? Do you? Give these guys 10-15 games before you start judging. It's not fair to pass these judgements after one damn game. Next game Tolliver might make some 3's and Horford will get 10 rebounds and everyone will shut up

Not saying Tolliver is the worst of all time but last night he was awful. Im a Guy who judges on a game to game basis. Its 82 games. I understand itll be games like that but last night Drew should have sent him to bench. If he soon hits those 3's ill give him his credit. Just calling it like the game played out.

- Josh's shot selection was terrible, but did go inside the paint a lot, too. (Everyone stills takes the anger out on him) - Al Horford looked MIA. He's our Center but yet has 5 rebounds. He played the worse of all people tonight. - Zaza looked eager to grab rebounds. Zaza and Josh were the only ones trying to grab boards. Zaza was calling out teammates to box out. - Drews rotation looked horrible. No clue why Ivan did not get any playing time. - We played better ball when Zaza, Horford, and Smoove were all on the court. - Devin looked good when he was out there. (No clue why Drew didn't get him much PT) - Tolliver should not be one of the main guys coming off the bench right away. - Did I forget to mention that Drews substitutions patterns were horrible?

Our rebounding woes will look even worse in a half court game when each possession will be more important. I also don't understand why Ivan was nowhere to be found. He is one of the few hustle players we have and coach let him set on the bench, What kind of coach keeps his hustle players on the bench? Josh deserves to have the anger taken out on him. He cannot shoot. PERIOD.

He has been trying to become and inefficient superstar for years It's time he starts trying to become an efficient one and just maybe he will reach that goal But he never will if he continues to shoot

It sorta reminds me of when Vince decided that he did not want to dunk anymore and he became a jump shooter. Only he was able to become a successful shooter while Josh has not. Edited by Hotlanta1981

Paint defense is atrocious as expected, and Josh shot us out of yet another game.The gameday experience has definitely changed and the LED screens in the rafters were long overdue.As expected, Ferry, or someone he hired, is really promoting the throwback Hawks logos like they did in Cleveland. Finally got a decent Pacman logo shirt, and I hope we cameo the old jerseys over time.The team will be exciting to watch, but I'm more excited about the off-season. Yes, already.