• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CODE RED : Operation Trade Josh Immediately!

Ruckus

• Moderators

Overreaction post of the year... Some of the early season threads kill me. Show after the Hawks rallied to fifth seed without Horford last season, DF should have just traded him too? Give me a f'in break... Josh Smith still the best player on this team. Horford showed out tonight against a tough opponent. Lou, Teague, and the rest of the team chipped in too. Everyone is still trying to learn how to play together. Trade Idea threads should be banned until Christmas... SMH

• Like 3

Overreaction post of the year... Some of the early season threads kill me. Show after the Hawks rallied to fifth seed without Horford last season, DF should have just traded him too? Give me a f'in break... Josh Smith still the best player on this team. Horford showed out tonight against a tough opponent. Lou, Teague, and the rest of the team chipped in too. Everyone is still trying to learn how to play together. Trade Idea threads should be banned until Christmas... SMH

You are deloused and living in a fantasy world. You act like Josh is still a rookie. Unbelievable.

I don't need until February. By then he might have zero value. Did you not see him jacking up the same garbage he always has vs. Houston?? He is not smart enough to change.

Yea but if you look at the overall numbers he had vs Houston, I believe he had a double double. He just shot a bunch of stupid shots, he still fills the stat sheet and will have value throughout the season. Value by the Hawks or value for a possible trade candidate.

Yea but if you look at the overall numbers he had vs Houston, I believe he had a double double. He just shot a bunch of stupid shots, he still fills the stat sheet and will have value throughout the season. Value by the Hawks or value for a possible trade candidate.

Just don't think we should wait to be put in a position where we have to take whatever we can get. Teams get the best returns when they put it out there and then let it fester. The Hawks don't do that because they are always worried about Josh's feelings. I say screw that... You shoot a 3 with more than 5 on the shot clock you are benched. Simple as that. Cry all u want.
  • Like 1

It's not quite that simple. We don't know if he'll command a max contract, we don't know if he wants to stay, we don't know if he'll want to go to a team that will require a sign and trade.In fact, I think the only thing we really do know is the trade market for him isn't great. There are a lot of good PFs out there, and nobody wants to give up too much value for an expiring Josh that might walk.If something comes up that is a knock out, Ferry will hop on that. I believe a Josh trade will involve more than just Josh, probably Josh and Harris/Teague + Morrow/Korver/Jenkins, with Ferry looking to reel in a bigger fish.

So we need to trade Josh immediately. Tonight we showed that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Josh messes up team chemistry with his stubbornness an bad attitude. We obviously dont want to pay him and dot want to let him walk for nothing. What could we get for him realistically right now??

well hell nobody was going to give up dwight for him, so i suggested 2nd tier centers like a brooke lopez whom is a little bit of a lumberer at times but has put up a 30 pt. game before or a chris kaman which averages about 16 a game. but the board acted like a spoiled cat that only eats exspensive cat food. but you know during the season josh is going to come up with a performance & some dunks that make you afraid to trade him.

Just don't think we should wait to be put in a position where we have to take whatever we can get. Teams get the best returns when they put it out there and then let it fester. The Hawks don't do that because they are always worried about Josh's feelings. I say screw that... You shoot a 3 with more than 5 on the shot clock you are benched. Simple as that. Cry all u want.

Trade candidates : Lakers ( Gasol ) not good Cavs - maybe filler + picks Toronto - darozan plus filler ( picks ) Sac town - not sure what they can really offer sides picks + Tyreke Golden State? Maybe Lee, filler, picks. Boston - picks, Fab Melo, filler Anyways, not sure who all would be a good trade candidates or what we could get but I suppose any pieces or better than none if Smoove walks/wants a max.

Trade candidates : Lakers ( Gasol ) not good Cavs - maybe filler + picks Toronto - darozan plus filler ( picks ) Sac town - not sure what they can really offer sides picks + Tyreke Golden State? Maybe Lee, filler, picks. Boston - picks, Fab Melo, filler Anyways, not sure who all would be a good trade candidates or what we could get but I suppose any pieces or better than none if Smoove walks/wants a max.

Thanks for responding to the original question. I'd be interested to see what other Squawkers thoughts are on a trade piece that would be beneficial for our squad.

well hell nobody was going to give up dwight for him, so i suggested 2nd tier centers like a brooke lopez whom is a little bit of a lumberer at times but has put up a 30 pt. game before or a chris kaman which averages about 16 a game. but the board acted like a spoiled cat that only eats exspensive cat food. but you know during the season josh is going to come up with a performance & some dunks that make you afraid to trade him.

Yep. It's those highlights that ppl are afraid to lose. They totally block out all the negatives. I saw more teamwork tonight than I had in a while. Even in the timeout huddles

Thanks for responding to the original question. I'd be interested to see what other Squawkers thoughts are on a trade piece that would be beneficial for our squad.

Yea I mean I know teams want him, the question is what can we get for him? I believe the market will be larger for him near the trade deadline, teams that are on the borderline of making the playoffs or looking for an extra booster will be willing to throw some picks and decent players at us.

Denver has some depth they might be willing to give up between McGee and Chandler and others. SA is also a possibility, but the best we could hope for there is Splitter probably.

I totally forgot about Denver, I'd like us to get Brewer in that deal honestly. I mean about half the league wants Smoove but who is the best candidate?

• Premium Member

The only stats I'm interested are the W/L columns. He fills the stat sheet, SO WHAT? Still a loss, greatly influenced by his "bunch of stupid shots". We can win without him. Think about having a good, disciplined SF instead of him... We would be really good and much less inconsistent.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

It's not quite that simple. We don't know if he'll command a max contract, we don't know if he wants to stay, we don't know if he'll want to go to a team that will require a sign and trade. In fact, I think the only thing we really do know is the trade market for him isn't great. There are a lot of good PFs out there, and nobody wants to give up too much value for an expiring Josh that might walk. If something comes up that is a knock out, Ferry will hop on that. I believe a Josh trade will involve more than just Josh, probably Josh and Harris/Teague + Morrow/Korver/Jenkins, with Ferry looking to reel in a bigger fish.

Point is... the organisation doesn't need to care what HE thinks. He could Lebron the Hawks if he wanted, but wouldn't ever tell DF so. Ferry needs to realize what's good for the franchise, Josh here or Josh away, whatever, It just can't come to what Birdbrain wants. Granger is probably expendable now. I would give the Pacers a call and ask. Granger + pick can't hurt.

In the first game Al was no where to be found because of him being way to passive, he stated this himself. If Al was as aggressive in that game as he was last night we will be 2-0 even with Harden killing us the way he did. I do not believe it was josh fault for his passiveness. We can be a good team this yr still with both Al and Josh attacking and rebounding. If i'm not mistaken Josh beat this same team last yr without Joe or Al and put up better numbers. No one wanted to get rid of Al then, did they?

Edited by EAambassador
  • Like 3

Still gonna hold judgment, I need to see what Smoove does with this new group, we need him under the basket. If after 20 games he still wants to force 3s and take long jumpers like he is the 2nd coming of Dirk Nowitzki then move him. I loved the team ball I saw last night and I wanna give Smoove a chance to show he is willing to play TEAM ball.

• Like 1

QUOTABLE II: "We're getting to know each other, we're learning. This game was big for us. Probably without Josh (Smith) most people didn't give us no kind of chance. With Josh not being here we all needed to step it up."

-- Horford.

http://www.nba.com/games/20121104/ATLOKC/gameinfo.html?ls=iref:nbahpgt[0021200040]

Even the Lakers have to learn how to play with each other.