• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Brown

Robdawg

So it's only a wild rumor but the AJC and others are noting that the Mike Brown hiring could have major implications here in ATL. Many are saying that IF Drew epic fails then Brown would be a likely canadidate.

Ferry has already stated that he is already comitted to sticking this season w/Drew (i'm attaching the article below) but it should be interesting....what do yall think? http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2012/11/10/atlanta-hawks-ferry-a-friend-of-brown-but-fully-engaged-with-drew/

Proven, respected head coach? Yeah, I'll go along with that. Question is,

who fits this description that's available and willing to come here?

It's just like the "Hawks must obtain an all star player" statement we hear,

over and over. But, who qualifies and how do we get him AND convince

him to sign up, long term, at a reasonable price?

Hawks may have to "grow our own" all star players and respected coach.

I'm all for getting both. The question is, how do we do it? And remember,

the other party must be willing. Just like a marriage, both must agree for

the arrangement to work.

GO HAWKS!!

Thanks, but NO thanks!Brown is simply a joke and that's an understatement!P.S. I have respect for LD as a former player, assistant and now a Head Coach, although many posters would disagree. LD is a decent coach, trying to make the best of the situation (ownership turmoil, management changes, roster changes, trying to keep his job...)! Well, so far he's done a decent job considering it all... Naturally, it's not good enough for us Squawkers...

• Premium Member

He (like Woody here) was in a no-win situation with Magic and Kobe bitching through the media every 5 minutes. Giving a guy 5 games to install an offensive system is ridiculous.

• Moderators

He (like Woody here) was in a no-win situation with Magic and Kobe bitching through the media every 5 minutes. Giving a guy 5 games to install an offensive system is ridiculous.

He can use that excuse for this season. He was a detriment to Cleveland's championship aspirations when he coached there and had multiple seasons with very good talent. Brown has never been a "plus" offensive coach and apparently thought that running a system designed to marginalize Steve Nash was going to be popular with ownership. If you are going to do that in a high pressure market, you better win. A lot.