• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Boston @ Brooklyn on TNT at 8:00pm

DJlaysitup

Iso-JJ remains as hard to watch as ever.

He made a few game-winning plays along with some clutch free throws, but you could hear a slight groan from The Barclay's crowd after the no-need-to-fade fade-away barely drew iron and he somehow managed to simultaneously travel and step out of bounds. I can laugh at him now without crying.

• Moderators

I only saw part of the game but Joe looked like Joe. He's good although the parts i watched he wasn't looking good guarding Pierce. He's also a very expensive 3rd option but if you have the money why not. Stack played 20+ minutes! Damn. I saw Chill playing and looked up his line. I'm not sure i've ever seen a line with 8 minutes and all zeros. No shots, rebounds, fouls anything J. Childress(notes) 8:03 0-0 0-0 0-0 -12 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Huge Joe Johnson fan, but it's hard to watch him nowadays. Can barely get past his defender, getting worse as a defender, can't really get to the free throw line aside from end of the game freethrows, and his isolation plays aren't effective anymore. Once BKN get's better scoring options, Joe will be a 20 million dollar three point shooter. Kinda sad to watch knowing that he had ALOT of potential. 6'8, good body, decent quickness. Just doesn't know how to get to the basket/line when he needs to. On a side note, when I look at Paul Pierce I always wonder how he manages to get to the rim but JJ can't.

• Moderators

Huge Joe Johnson fan, but it's hard to watch him nowadays. Can barely get past his defender, getting worse as a defender, can't really get to the free throw line aside from end of the game freethrows, and his isolation plays aren't effective anymore. Once BKN get's better scoring options, Joe will be a 20 million dollar three point shooter. Kinda sad to watch knowing that he had ALOT of potential. 6'8, good body, decent quickness. Just doesn't know how to get to the basket/line when he needs to. On a side note, when I look at Paul Pierce I always wonder how he manages to get to the rim but JJ can't.

I wonder that too but i think Pierce is just a better ball handler and really a better shooter with a hand in his face. In Joe's defense his demeanor and strength keeps him from getting foul calls. Cry like a baby, have your teammates carry you off the floor once in a while and maybe you'll get more calls.

I wonder that too but i think Pierce is just a better ball handler and really a better shooter with a hand in his face. In Joe's defense his demeanor and strength keeps him from getting foul calls. Cry like a baby, have your teammates carry you off the floor once in a while and maybe you'll get more calls.

Also, whenever Joe manages to get inside the paint, he puts up a soft floater. It can be very effective at times but a layup is more guaranteed. He needs to add a euro step or something to his game that can help him get that extra momentum for an easy layup. Even if he misses the layup, he might get fouled in the process. If the Nets would just have him coming off a screen and cut to the basket, his efficiency and ppg would rise.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't happen to start the season, but its here now and I'm anticipating it. I'm a closet Knicks fan due to Woody, Shump, and one of my All-Time favs in Kidd. Also, you may have heard I hate Joe Johnson. As a basketball fan, the NBA is just better when the Mecca is pumping and significant. I'll be switching back and forth rooting for Cam.