• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sign Korver to Exstention

frankthetank966

Kyle Korver plays an integral role on this team offensively and defensively. He understands LD system and has high basketball IQ. The Hawks need a smart player like him. He is a hustler and a strong player. The more I've watched Korver the more I've come to enjoy his game. The Hawks need to keep him around. He was missed tonight versus Cleveland and is an underrated ball player.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I love Korver too, but he is 31 and is currently injured. As players get older, they wear out. I'd love to have him on the team until he retires, but only if the price is right. Maybe 3 yr/12 mil... Honestly, as I said in another thread, Zaza is more important to this team than Korver. As Zaza goes, the Hawks go... Take a look at Zaza's stat line in the 5 games we have loss so far... His best was 13 pts, 8 rebs in the opener vs. Houston. The other four games are UGLY.

We should try to sign Korver to an extension. Yes, he is 31, but he's in very good shape and his game is sharp-shooting and playing smart basketball, so I'm sure he'll keep it up for at least 3-4 years... Just look at Ray Allen and the way he was able to evolve his game and stay productive throughout...

Not so fast my friend.Korver has been much better than what I've expected, but let's not get our eye off of what we're trying to do here . . . build a championship level team.It was bad mid-level contracts that got us in trouble in the past, on guys we thought were good for the team.- Bibby's 3 year deal- Speedy's 5 year deal ( which killed us for 3 years because of his injuries )- Marvin's 5 year dealAt Korver's age and seeing that he's basically a spot up shooter these days, he probably shouldn't be locked up to a long term contract ever again.It would be a little different if we had a championship caliber team, and Korver was a vital piece of that. But as long as we're not at championship level, this team shouldn't be hamstrung by any lenghty contracts of role players. In the new CBA, you're almost better off overpaying for a guy for a year, than locking that same guy up for multiple years and for more money.

Edited by northcyde

Not so fast my friend.Korver has been much better than what I've expected, but let's not get our eye off of what we're trying to do here . . . build a championship level team.It was bad mid-level contracts that got us in trouble in the past, on guys we thought were good for the team.- Bibby's 3 year deal- Speedy's 5 year deal ( which killed us for 3 years because of his injuries )- Marvin's 5 year dealAt Korver's age and seeing that he's basically a spot up shooter these days, he probably shouldn't be locked up to a long term contract ever again.It would be a little different if we had a championship caliber team, and Korver was a vital piece of that. But as long as we're not at championship level, this team shouldn't be hamstrung by any lenghty contracts of role players. In the new CBA, you're almost better off overpaying for a guy for a year, than locking that same guy up for multiple years and for more money.

I see what you're saying, but Korver's game will probably age better than Bibby and he plays solid-to-good defense (totally unlike Bibby). If Morrow's a lot cheaper, sure keep Morrow, but Korver for 3-5 million a year for a few years is probably a bargain deal. Also, Marvin's deal was based on potential and he didn't pan out. We know exactly what Korver is so he'll get paid what he's worth by someone.

Edited by TheFuzz