• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This is a champioship roster without a superstar. We need to keep most os these guys!

JTB

LOL reading all these comments....i see that some dont get how we can keep all these players.....let me explain

Most of these guys are easy to get back!

HARRIS- the man is going on 30...he will not get another 8m a year contract! and if he does it will indeed be a sorry team. Im pretty sure Harris is looking for a shot at the championship and I dont think money is a number 1 concern

MORROW-this guy is coming back as soon as josh comes back. i mean seriously morrow isnt going to make much more than what he is making now. in fact it can be negotiated for much less

KORVER- this guy i admit will be hard cause i know somehow though LA doesnt have any cap they are going to go after this guy. I am sure Ferry will do all he can to resign him so no worries I trust Ferry.

TEAGUE- he will be chased by other teams but i know ferry is going to retain him. Teague is a must keep! Ferry knows this and he will give him probably a 30m deal over 5 years but thats just my prediction

STEVENSON- he can be brought back for atleast a year i know. i mean he is a big part of this defense so i know ferry will do all he can to retain him as well plus there are not many better SF or capable SF on the market unless ferry decides to go for iggy!

SMITH- I really dont think i need to say but this guy has his bonehead moments but he is currently on a hot streak not to mention number 7 on the kia mvp ladder according to nba.com

IVAN- seriously ivan can be brought back no prob, he came in late as a rookie, going on 29 i believe the start of next season. I doubt he gets a huge contract and i seriously doubt he gets a contract bigger than what he is on though i wont rule it out but it aint hurtin the hawks pockets

LOU- already locked in as a hawk for 2 more years!

ZAZA- zaza is playing great he is getting it done when called on but even though he is I dont really see many teams going after him and honestly i think zaza loves the hawks just as much as smith does and he will probably will want to stay! zaza loves this team, im sure he will accept a contract of his worth...its not like he will have a guranteed starter position elsewhere

JENKINS- keep the rook he is already here for next season really and i like his game he just needs more pt

all im saying is that these guys arent as expensive as you may think they are! add a superstar and championship is around the corner! The only thing I would suggest outside of adding a superstar player is that we can probably survive without morrow if need be and will just have to play jenkins more and im cool with that cause jenkins hit 3's too.

The term superstar is too vague and loosely tossed around. A superstar sells tickets and jerseys but does not nessesarily win championships. I'd rather have Noah than Dwight. Sorry I just think he would fit better, plays harder, and is a lot cheaper. Then add a legit SF while being able to retain our core and current role players. I could care less how many jerseys get sold. I want a team that from top to bottom is strong and drama free. We are close to that now.

• Premium Member

I think Morrow and Jenkins in the same bench isn't a very good idea. I'd let Morrow go and force LD to give the rook a little more playing time. Gotta develop thid guy, he shoots great!

I agree we should try to keep all the others, maybe just not Stevenson. We could try and pack him with Morrow and a pick for a good SF. Denver has lots of them and maybe it wouldn't be hard to land someone like Gallinari.

The term superstar is too vague and loosely tossed around. A superstar sells tickets and jerseys but does not nessesarily win championships. I'd rather have Noah than Dwight. Sorry I just think he would fit better, plays harder, and is a lot cheaper. Then add a legit SF while being able to retain our core and current role players. I could care less how many jerseys get sold. I want a team that from top to bottom is strong and drama free. We are close to that now.

I get that you are making a statement about the type of player personality preferred here more than anything and I would love to have Noah and I think it's possible with a JS to LA, Gasol to Chicago, Noah to ATL deal, BUT doing so costs us JS and that is talent we need even if positionally we are improved.

I have my concerns about whether Dwight has degenerative disk disease which would be a more chronic back ailment than just a disk herniation. I too would like Noah over an injured Howard (and half as expensive as any Howard). BUT, should Howard come here straight up, it is without the cost of talent such as JS. THAT means something. Frankly, I would much rather have Gortat over Noah if it meant not trading JS.

Mind you, trading Josh may be necessary depending upon the salary demands, etc. but if we can get said needed center without trading JS at least we have more capitol to deal with.

Note: Once JS "warms up" for the season (about this time in the season), it's almost impossible for me to conceive of trading him.

W

I agree we should try to keep all the others, maybe just not Stevenson. We could try and pack him with Morrow and a pick for a good SF. Denver has lots of them and maybe it wouldn't be hard to land someone like Gallinari.

I would do that trade in a second. Not sure they would though.

Pretty obvious we need either a SF (and play horf at C and smoove at PF) or a good center. IMO, we should go with a center.

Someone that hasn't been mentioned much is Anderson Varejao. He's had an awesome year, and is a GREAT defender/rebounder, which is what we really need at the 5 (and he's not bad on offense either). Most importantly, he's definitely available and he has a team friendly contract. Him or Gortat would be perfect. Whoever thinks the Bulls would ever trade is Noah is insane, he's crucial for them AND they literally have no other options at center.

Some other targets:

* Greg Monroe or Drummond from the Pistons (I don't know if they're even available, but I can't imagine they'd keep both of them and they already have a ton of PF's)

* Roy Hibbert from the Pacers

* Chris Kaman in FA

* Brandan Wright from the Mavs is a young center with a lot of upside who has done very well in limited minutes

* I'm still very upset we didn't go after Javale Mcgee as he's been GREAT with limited minutes..just sayin

* Nikola Pekovic of the Timberwolves would be a great FA pickup

* JJ Hickson of the trailblazers in FA (although he's pretty small)

* Al Jefferson in FA