• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe..

buckeye242424

Can't say I'm rooting for him to suck, i'm just glad he's not on my team anymore. His play just further proves that the people who wanted him gone were right all along.

I hope Joe plays great unless he plays against us. I said when they gave him that insane contract it was stupid and now the Nets are on the hook for the worst of it. So glad Ferry found a sucker for that deal.

Joe's production was in obvious decline over the last couple of seasons. Iso play held everyone back. Ferry should win Executive of the Year simply for finding a taker for that contract.

• Moderators

Mark me as one of ones that loved Joe, but not his contract. His contract made it impossible to get better for a real championship run. Horf, Smith, and Teague all seem to be playing better without him on the team. We play team ball instead of ISO all the time. He did a lot for this organization, but it was time for a change... IFWTSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I loved joe and if anyone is under the belief he wouldn't have been better with a strong pg during his time here you are crazy. With that being said his skill set is one to decline with age BUT he can stay in the league and be productive for a while. He is declining and will sharply in 3 years in my opinion. I wish the nets the best BUT I hate ny teams too as another poster put and don't mind them losing some but I can't help be a little partial to the only guy wanting to come to a dried up Atlanta and help turn us around

• Premium Member

I loved joe and if anyone is under the belief he wouldn't have been better with a strong pg during his time here you are crazy. With that being said his skill set is one to decline with age BUT he can stay in the league and be productive for a while. He is declining and will sharply in 3 years in my opinion.I wish the nets the best BUT I hate ny teams too as another poster put and don't mind them losing some but I can't help be a little partial to the only guy wanting to come to a dried up Atlanta and help turn us around

I agree and disagree. I think that here, he needed better PG play and a big who could score down low. People are making a big deal about Joe in Brooklyn. What Joe has to do is learn how not to be first option. That's so hard to do and he won't be the same statistically. His type of game will keep him playing well past 38. Ask Reggie Miller. However, a guy like Reggie never changed teams and really never had to change the way he played. Once Joe figures it out, he will be more consistent in Brooklyn. The problems we had while Joe was here are still problems. I can't believe that there are some trying to rewrite history. Dwight Howard, KG, and that second string guy in Chicago still dominated our frontcourt in playoff play. Think about it... our best showing in the playoffs was when we had Ballhogging Iso Expert Jamal Crawford playing beside Joe. We still had Smoove chucking threes. Teague learning to play the game and Horford disappearing. That's not championship caliber. (period).

• Like 1

I agree and disagree. I think that here, he needed better PG play and a big who could score down low. People are making a big deal about Joe in Brooklyn. What Joe has to do is learn how not to be first option. That's so hard to do and he won't be the same statistically. His type of game will keep him playing well past 38. Ask Reggie Miller. However, a guy like Reggie never changed teams and really never had to change the way he played. Once Joe figures it out, he will be more consistent in Brooklyn. The problems we had while Joe was here are still problems. I can't believe that there are some trying to rewrite history. Dwight Howard, KG, and that second string guy in Chicago still dominated our frontcourt in playoff play. Think about it... our best showing in the playoffs was when we had Ballhogging Iso Expert Jamal Crawford playing beside Joe. We still had Smoove chucking threes. Teague learning to play the game and Horford disappearing. That's not championship caliber. (period).

Dude, Joe is still the first option in Brooklyn. He doesn't have the type of game that will benefit from a good PG or a BIG man because he's a streaky spot up shooter at best. Now when he gets the ball, he isn't looking to pass. All these excuses are weak. He doesn't have the game to play until he's 38 because he's a streaky shooter and doesn't have a particularly high bbiq. He's a chemistry killer, ball stopper, and a chucker. What's so strange about that is he used to be pretty damn good.

• Premium Member

Dude, Joe is still the first option in Brooklyn. He doesn't have the type of game that will benefit from a good PG or a BIG man because he's a streaky spot up shooter at best. Now when he gets the ball, he isn't looking to pass. All these excuses are weak. He doesn't have the game to play until he's 38 because he's a streaky shooter and doesn't have a particularly high bbiq. He's a chemistry killer, ball stopper, and a chucker. What's so strange about that is he used to be pretty damn good.

No. He's not. Watch Brooklyn play. Everything comes off of Deron and the first person to get the ball is usually Lopez. I don't disagree with this style... establish your big man but Joe has become a throw back SG who waits for the ball to be rotated to him before he can get a chance to score. Joe's FGA are down but his Three point FGA match his 2nd highest in his career. That means that Joe is shooting a lot of threes but not getting a lot of shots. He's not the first option he was here. The ball isn't in his hands anymore. I'm thnking Phil Jackson is going to change all that. Wait.

Joe Johnson took the money when he came here, no need to Saint him for it those checks have long since cleared the bank.

Saint him or villify him... the contract is moot. The only thing worth talking about is on court play.

No. He's not. Watch Brooklyn play. Everything comes off of Deron and the first person to get the ball is usually Lopez. I don't disagree with this style... establish your big man but Joe has become a throw back SG who waits for the ball to be rotated to him before he can get a chance to score. Joe's FGA are down but his Three point FGA match his 2nd highest in his career. That means that Joe is shooting a lot of threes but not getting a lot of shots. He's not the first option he was here. The ball isn't in his hands anymore. I'm thnking Phil Jackson is going to change all that. Wait. Saint him or villify him... the contract is moot. The only thing worth talking about is on court play.

That is incorrect. Joe shoots more shots than Deron and Brook. Also, the fact that he's not shining now is exactly why I don't think he will have a long career. If he can get his 3 point shooting back to PHX levels, maybe. Right now, this is looking like his last contract in this league.