Joe..

buckeye242424

Is any body out there rooting for him to suck?? I loved the dude. "blah, blah, blah"... He did do wonders for the Hawks, and that's all I care about. That said, I love when Brooklyn loses, they got spanked tonight and JJ was 5-15... Continues to struggle, and I like it. I feel bad, but I don't. Weird...

Not at all. He didnt give himself that ridiculous contract or was a headcase when he was here and left on a bad note. He was the only guy willing to come here when we were the worst team in the league and helped turn this franchise around to being somewhat respectable.

He gave us immediate all star play while we drafted bust after bust after bust. If he never came to atlanta it is possible we could of sucked for the next decade and this franchise would be in worst shape than it is now.

I dont know how you can be mad at him.

Edit: I am glad he isnt here though Posted Image

Edited by yungsta
  • Like 4

Is any body out there rooting for him to suck?? I loved the dude. "blah, blah, blah"... He did do wonders for the Hawks, and that's all I care about. That said, I love when Brooklyn loses, they got spanked tonight and JJ was 5-15... Continues to struggle, and I like it. I feel bad, but I don't. Weird...

It's a case of I told you so. There were those of us who appreciated JJ's game but not at 18 mil per. We thought of him as a good player but someone who could be replaced by a smart gm for 5-9 million a year and the left over salary used for other pieces. It was never a case of hating Joe, it was a case of wanting a star so much, we elevated Joe in our minds to something he was not....a max contract player.

I really can't stand New York Sports teams. My antipathy has less to do with Joe than it does to believing New York/Boston sports fans are some of the most arrogant jerks on the planet. So when Joe put on the stripes, he became the enemy. PERIOD!!!!!!!

• Like 2

I don't want him to fail but Iso Joe looks like a fish outta water in BK. At least he's still playin' as good as D-Will... BK must feel stupid payin' somewhere around $200M for a combined 33 ppg,

Isn't Josh Childress on the Nets too? Why does he even exist?

Edited by Q45T

Yeah, I saw Chillz in street clothes on the bench for Brooklyn on X-mas. Fro as big as ever!!!It's not that I want JJ to fail, but when I see that he lays an egg in a game (seems like a reoccurring theme this year) I kinda crack a smile...I'm not sure why? I should want him to succeed... I guess it's just, if you're not a Hawk, then.... Lose.

• Premium Member

The chemistry in Brooklyn isn't working yet. However, you guys make it sound as if Joe fell way off. Joe is just a few statistical points off of last year and his career averages. When you been doing the same thing for 7 years, you expect that there will be some chemistry issues. Hell, Look at the Lakers. None of there transfers are picking it up so easily.

However, with time comes awareness. Will Joe get to the level he was here? Probably not, he's not their first option in theory or on the court. However, what I think you will see is he learn his position better coming to the end of the season.

It's a case of I told you so. There were those of us who appreciated JJ's game but not at 18 mil per. We thought of him as a good player but someone who could be replaced by a smart gm for 5-9 million a year and the left over salary used for other pieces. It was never a case of hating Joe, it was a case of wanting a star so much, we elevated Joe in our minds to something he was not....a max contract player. I really can't stand New York Sports teams. My antipathy has less to do with Joe than it does to believing New York/Boston sports fans are some of the most arrogant jerks on the planet. So when Joe put on the stripes, he became the enemy. PERIOD!!!!!!!

Love any post that uses the word antipathyThat being said his money will never buy him what he wants but with his salary gone it gives us a chance to get what we want: a championship

• Premium Member

Not at all. He didnt give himself that ridiculous contract or was a headcase when he was here and left on a bad note. He was the only guy willing to come here when we were the worst team in the league and helped turn this franchise around to being somewhat respectable.

He gave us immediate all star play while we drafted bust after bust after bust. If he never came to atlanta it is possible we could of sucked for the next decade and this franchise would be in worst shape than it is now.

I dont know how you can be mad at him.

Edit: I am glad he isnt here though Posted Image

^^Pretty much this.

I don't hate on JJ. I wish him well...unless they play us. Then he and the rest of his his Brooklyn bastard ballclub must fall.

I hope Joe plays great unless he plays against us. I said when they gave him that insane contract it was stupid and now the Nets are on the hook for the worst of it. So glad Ferry found a sucker for that deal.

That's where I am, good post. I think the contract has an effect on why I don't care if he struggles... Then again, who would turn that cabbage down??? Not his fault, but glad he's not on our payroll...Speaking of, Avery Johnson is fired. 330 million payroll and only a 14-14 record will do that. Wow... Scapegoat. JJ is going to be getting a bunch of shit soon... And he's there 4 more years!!! Allan Houston on 'roids.... Ferry should get GM of the year just for that move...

JJ is good at one thing: helping to get people fired. Woody, Sund, now Avery. To Avery and Joe's credit though, I never understood all the hoopla around Williams. I mean he's strong as hell and has impeccable handle, but that's where his consistencies stop. He's a malcontent, his shape is always an issue, and his shot is very streaky. When he's off, he'll continue to take awful shots and miss awfully with no chance of Offensive boarding, a la Monta Ellis, or our very own Smoove. Brooklyn is a mess, which makes us look that much better. Of course the media will blow this out of proportion instead of giving the third seed in the East (and climbing) some props. Can't say I didn't see this coming though. When they gave Dwight's money to Joe, I knew then that silly Russian owner and Billy King had no idea what they were doing. Nets fans finally got their wish I guess. There are many coaches out there who wouldn't have Marshon Brooks languishing at the end of the bench when your starting backcourt is lousy and your other guards are CJ Watson, Keith Bogans, and Jerry Stackhouse. Avery did it to himself.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

Joe was forced to be a max player so we could stay status quo.... I bought into it because I didn't want to go through another 13-69 year. Now that's over, and we've moved on...So glad we could dump the salary... And don't you think Horf, Smoove, and Teague are happy? Joe may not have caused problems, but I guarantee he didn't build chemistry... Ego's rule in the NBA and I bet JJ's contract was hard to swallow....

Funny some people tried to blame Joe's supporting cast here for his struggles. "But Joe never had a quality PG to play with in Atlanta".

Funny some people tried to blame Joe's supporting cast here for his struggles. "But Joe never had a quality PG to play with in Atlanta".

There not a lot a pg can do for a player thatwants to go Iso all the time.Too many Iso playsare what some of the nets players have been complainingabout.And it's not just Joe . They have Iso-Blatche, Iso-Deron , even Iso Bogans.