• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I have zero respect for players like Harden

IheartVolt

He plays like Paul Pierce jumping into players every shot.. Just a cheap assed way of playing basketballThe NBA needs some rules adjusted because of that b.s.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Lou does it all the time. The rule is that the offensive palyer cannot create the contact. For it to be a defensive foul, the defensive player must initiate the contact, but they call it ALL the time... but I have to agree with Zilla, it's smart basketball. Cheap, but smart.

He plays like Paul Pierce jumping into players every shot.. Just a cheap assed way of playing basketballThe NBA needs some rules adjusted because of that b.s.

You may be saying that now, but if he were in a Hawk uni, you would never say that statement and would be lovin every minute of it.

I sure as hell no that I would love to see him in Atlanta.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I've been saying this the summer (when people were so hot on adding him here). He's an effective player, but I don't care for his "goto" move in the paint. He's looking for the contact and the foul, not to score.

You may be saying that now, but if he were in a Hawk uni, you would never say that statement and would be lovin every minute of it.I sure as hell no that I would love to see him in Atlanta.

could not be further from the truth. I really do not like when another player has a game to the point where the opposing team has to play 5 feet off the guy because his cheap ass lunge move to draw the foul. It infuriates me to the point I lose faith in the NBA officials and rules.. Pierce I have always had a major dislike of his cheap game and now I am adding Harden to that catagory.. Never would want to see either in a Hawks uni or ever wanna see a Hawk play such a cheap and lowhanded game.. D Wade even has his moments doing the same thing even though not as frequent as Harden

Lebron gets lots of calls in his favor that has me shaking my head sometimes , but I will say atleast he gets his with aggresive play to rim and not some pansie assed lunge move to draw contact.Take that as you wish

I've been saying this the summer (when people were so hot on adding him here). He's an effective player, but I don't care for his "goto" move in the paint. He's looking for the contact and the foul, not to score.

And the opposite of this was Joe Johnson, who looked to score with a floater in the paint, rather than look for contact and draw the foul.Which type of player would you rather have?- the guy who can make over 50% of his shots in the paint via a floater, but never get a foul call because he's either not initiating contact . . or doesn't get a call when he does go to the hole?- or the guy who can draw a shooting foul on shots in the paint at almost a 25% clip, because the refs almost expect him to be hit everytime he goes to the hole?The way Harden attacks the paint is a lot more like a hybrid of Dwyane Wade and Allen Iverson. And like those guys, he isn't afraid to get hit. And if you DON'T hit him, he's so good around the rim, that he's going to make you pay for not fouling him anyway.The way to defend him is to prevent him from getting into the paint. Once he gets in the paint . . YOU'RE DEAD.
  • Like 1

And the opposite of this was Joe Johnson, who looked to score with a floater in the paint, rather than look for contact and draw the foul.Which type of player would you rather have?- the guy who can make over 50% of his shots in the paint via a floater, but never get a foul call because he's either not initiating contact . . or doesn't get a call when he does go to the hole?- or the guy who can draw a shooting foul on shots in the paint at almost a 25% clip, because the refs almost expect him to be hit everytime he goes to the hole?The way Harden attacks the paint is a lot more like a hybrid of Dwyane Wade and Allen Iverson. And like those guys, he isn't afraid to get hit. And if you DON'T hit him, he's so good around the rim, that he's going to make you pay for not fouling him anyway.The way to defend him is to prevent him from getting into the paint. Once he gets in the paint . . YOU'RE DEAD.

you are mistaken.. this is not about getting contact while driving the paint , that is a partof the game.. see lebron comments. this is aboutlunging into the defender on every jumpshot likecheap assed harden

you are mistaken.. this is not about getting contact while driving the paint , that is a partof the game.. see lebron comments. this is aboutlunging into the defender on every jumpshot likecheap assed harden

What's the old NASCAR saying?If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'.What you call "cheap", is simply a part of basketball.And like PSHH said earlier in the thread, Lou Williams does this all the time, just as much as Harden. And when you're able to draw contact whether it be by being aggressive, or "lunging" into the defender, the officials will expect you to get fouled every time they get in traffic.Meanwhile, Jeff Teague can't buy a call, even when he gets hit.The fault doesn't lie with the player. The fault lies with inconsistent calls from the refs. Larry Bird was the MASTER in giving a head fake and jumping into a defender to draw a foul. But when he did it, it was called "smart basketball", not "cheap basketball".

Jeff Teague doesnt get hit until AFTER he turns the ball over. He drives hoping he gets fouled so he doesnt look like a fool. He plays scared in the paint. Harden doesnt. You cant even think about comparing the two.

• Premium Member

And the opposite of this was Joe Johnson, who looked to score with a floater in the paint, rather than look for contact and draw the foul.

Which type of player would you rather have?

- the guy who can make over 50% of his shots in the paint via a floater, but never get a foul call because he's either not initiating contact . . or doesn't get a call when he does go to the hole?

- or the guy who can draw a shooting foul on shots in the paint at almost a 25% clip, because the refs almost expect him to be hit everytime he goes to the hole?

The way Harden attacks the paint is a lot more like a hybrid of Dwyane Wade and Allen Iverson. And like those guys, he isn't afraid to get hit. And if you DON'T hit him, he's so good around the rim, that he's going to make you pay for not fouling him anyway.

The way to defend him is to prevent him from getting into the paint. Once he gets in the paint . . YOU'RE DEAD.

Let's make the distinction here first... Joe and Hardin are two different players. Joe was more of a shooter and a guy looking to score in the lane. Hardin is more of a penetrator, looking for contact. Who would I rather have? At the same age, and on the right team, I would take Joe. I wouldn't want either as my #1 option, but in a #2 or #3 supporting role...I would take Joe.

That being said, I just don't like the way Hardin plays. No matter how effective, I don't care for his game. In the same way I didn't care for Danny Manning, I don't care for Hardin. Manning was a soft, finesse, SF/PF. He was a good player that could put up 20+, but I just didn't care for his game. Wasn't a fan. In the same way, I'm not a Hardin fan.

He's a guy looking to draw fouls - that's his game - and that's different from guys like Iverson (who is one of my favorite players of all time) and Wade (who is one of my favorite current players). Both of those guys go into the paint with the intention of scoring the ball. Creating contact is secondary...and yes they will expect a foul ON contact and whine about not getting it. That's any good player from MJ to Melo.

When I watch Hardin though, I see something else. I see a guy that's looking more for the contact than actually trying to score...using a little "okie-doke" playground style...baiting people into committing and doing what he can to initiate the contact. His misses look terrible sometimes because the contact isn't there to cover up a BS shot attempt.

Not to take anything away from him, because the guy is good at what he does. Personally, I just don't care for the way he does it. It's a cheesy playground style. Effective, perhaps, but cheesy.

...and no, I would not change my mind about him if we had him here.

I wish more of you hardcore fans would bite the bullet and purchase SynergySports. It will erase some of the misconceptions you have about players, and maybe validate your opinion about other players.Harden is one of the best attacking guards in the league. His jumper hasn't been on this year ( especially in ISO situations ), so he's looking to get to the rim more than ever. And when he does it, he's not just looking to draw a foul, he's looking to score and pass as well.On jumpers, he does the exact same thing that Lou Williams does, when he purposely tries to draw contact on a jumper to get to the line. But Harden attacks much more than Lou, and goes hard to the rim.So people loved Jamal Crawford's And-1 Mixtape summer league style of play, but wouldn't like Harden?Hard for me to believe, but to each his own.