• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Korver, Teague and the big lineup

macdaddy

• Moderators

http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2013/01/11/atlanta-hawks-korver-second-on-hawks-best-in-plus-minus-rating/?cxntfid=blogs_hawks

Interesting article. Teague and Korver have the best plus/minus on the team for the season

Hawks have the 11th ranked +/- 5 man group in the league:

Teague/Deshawn/Korver/Josh/Al

and the 15

Teague/Lou/Korver/Josh/Al

Seems different than other stats i've seen but if true neither of our two best lineups are 'big' lineups so to speak.

What this plus recent games mean to me more than anything is that Korver is a good SF but can't defend the 2 for crap. Having a defensive 2 (like a healthy Deshawn) is great for this team but suprisingly Lou does ok as long as Teague is in the game.

I'd leave Korver/josh/al in the starting lineup and give teague/harris or teague/jenkins a shot. Bring lou off the bench again.

I was thinking the same thing - time to start the rook. Might as well give him a shot. We know what he will bring offensively, defensively he can't be any worse than what we have seen from anybody else playing at the SG spot.

And it is time for LD to play Ivan consistent , significant minutes. WTH did Ivan do to LD?

We know what we will get from Ivan - defense, rebounding and a decent jump shot and he likes to play INSIDE. More often than not his impact is positive.

Anyone realise that he has some really quick hands - he defelects and steals a lot of balls.

• Moderators

And it is time for LD to play Ivan consistent , significant minutes. WTH did Ivan do to LD?

We know what we will get from Ivan - defense, rebounding and a decent jump shot and he likes to play INSIDE. More often than not his impact is positive.

Anyone realise that he has some really quick hands - he defelects and steals a lot of balls.

I'm in total agreement that Ivan needs to get consistent playing time but i actually think his D is a little overrated on this board. He still seems a little undisciplined, which is i guess is what LD doesn't like, but like you said his impact is almost always positive. Plus i think his offense is underrated. He can shoot mid range and finish.

Sounds like the point I was making in my "The Vent" thread. Drew made a big mistake trying to fix something that wasn't broken by experimenting with the lineups. I'm still wondering why... Teague, Korver, Deshawn, Smoove, and Al should be the starting lineup according to the effeciency in the numbers..

Sounds like the point I was making in my "The Vent" thread. Drew made a big mistake trying to fix something that wasn't broken by experimenting with the lineups. I'm still wondering why... Teague, Korver, Deshawn, Smoove, and Al should be the starting lineup according to the effeciency in the numbers..

B/c Stevenson can only play 2 games per week and no more then 20 minutes per game. His knees limit his minutes.

For the record that is my favorite Hawks lineup.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

NO! NO! Absolutely not! Big lineup only! Deshawn is worthless!

Our big lineup is not good enough to beat small teams. By that I mean ZaZa is cannot score enough to make smaller payers pay for defending him. He cannot defend well enough to shut them down offensively.

The big lineup works when we play other big teams but its not good enough to make small teams pay for their mismatches.

Our big lineup is not good enough to beat small teams. By that I mean ZaZa is cannot score enough to make smaller payers pay for defending him. He cannot defend well enough to shut them down offensively.

The big lineup works when we play other big teams but its not good enough to make small teams pay for their mismatches.

It was a tongue in cheek statement in regards to certain posters that believe the big lineup is some sort of magical roster cure that will win all games. It's not, the team just got hammered in one of its worst losses of the season to a Cleveland team sans Varajao sporting that lineup...despite winning the rebound margin. It's good in spurts (which LD always utilizes, regardless of who starts) but as you say, Zaza is not enough of a difference maker to overcome all aspects of the game and Al is proving to struggle both offensively and defensively at the 4 this season.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I'm in total agreement that Ivan needs to get consistent playing time but i actually think his D is a little overrated on this board. He still seems a little undisciplined, which is i guess is what LD doesn't like, but like you said his impact is almost always positive. Plus i think his offense is underrated. He can shoot mid range and finish.

Eh. If IVAN doesn't play because he's undisciplined, how can Smith play 35+ minutes?

Edited by BrazilianHawk