• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ivan "Big Money" Johnson

macdaddy

• Moderators

I didn't get to see the game last night but sounds like Ivan played well. Saw this quote this morning and died laughing. Maybe a new nickname:

“Same way I come out all the time,” Johnson said of his start. “I’m trying to get the big money. I need some more money. … I’m used to battling against big people. That’s what I grew up doing, playing with big people. I’m good with it.”

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/basketball/hawks-bobcats/nT5Wj/

• Like 2

A simple man with a simple plan - - Our own Ivan!!!

Exactly G-M....sometimes that can be a negative (if you have a shooter that is "gunning" for the big bucks)...but I would guess that Ivan knows where his bread is buttered...He has to show rebounding and defense.

I'm just glad the Hawks gave Ivan a chance. Had we cut him there is a decent chance he wouldn't have gotten another (at least in the NBA). I know he wants to make as much as he can - but I hope he remembers what the Hawks have done for him and sticks with us if we give him a competitive offer.

Just my guess but I would expect that a number of other teams have their eye on him. Likely they are monitoring his effectiveness and waiting to see if he can keep himself together long enough to have confidence in a guy who was kicked out of Korea. If he can keep up the performance level and stay out of trouble I would expect he will have multiple offers when he is a F/A.