• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Justin Upton to the Braves!

AHawks89

It suck to see Prado going. Part of me think reason he was traded is his contract demands might have been too rich for the Braves. Oh well just glad we finally got Justin. Now our OF is potentially one of the best. We finally have some semblance of balance in the line-up and its not heavy on lefty hitting.

Yeah, I hate losing Prado, and I'm sure he is pissed too. He loved the Braves and was a great fit for our team and a team player first. Sucks for sure, but wow we just got even better. Uggla, McCann, and Huddy are now the oldest players on the team. Outside of them everyone else is below 30 years old - McCann being 29.

Great future ahead of us folks! Time to bring that ring back home!

• Moderators

Wow! I am excited about this move. I hope it turns out to be a good thing for both Upton brothers. Heyward and the Uptons are the most athletic outfield I can remember for any team. Some serious skills as well. This is an exciting development for the team.

It is possible we will be able to get Upton on a decently priced extension if he is excited about playing with his brother as well. Given the talent we divested, the Braves will need to make sure Upton is here for a while (unlike someone like Mark Texiera for whom we gave up a ton for very little payback).

• Moderators

This team is looking good. i agree about Prado. He was underappreciated in Atlanta. Maybe the Braves think they can bring him back next winter. Chris Johnson's numbers look pretty good and we have Francisco at third. The amount of young talent on this team is astounding.

• Moderators

We got Justin under contract for 3 more years I believe. I wouldn't mind seeing the Braves give him a 3 year extension at some point this season. Chris Johnson look like he should be a very serviceable 3B for us. My only concern right now is the leadoff spot. I just hope Simmons can handle it.

I would think Justin goes to the lead off spot right?

Maybe he strikes out too much.

Edited by macdaddy

I think part of the deal was for Prado to sign a contract extension in order for the trade to be completed. That has yet to be done, and it's prob going to be written in pencil for a while.

He could come back, but I'm sure his feelings are hurt now.

While watching MLB Network. They mention there is a rumor of Prado likely signing a long term extension with the D'Backs at some point. The money part shouldn't be that hard to figure out. Its just a matter of how long the contract is. Prado is likely looking for 4 years and an option for a 5th year. D'Backs will likely counter with 3 years and an option for a 4th year.

Losing Prado gonna hurt. I like the Upton bros, but I think they are overrated. At least Justin is young enoughto improve. Gonna be a LOT of Ks iin this lineup this year and Martin's OBP gonna be missed. Great marketing strategy by the braves though, hope it doesnt come back to bite them in the ass when they want to trade or let one go and not the other.