• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kenny Smith on Josh Smith not making All-Star team: "You talk bad to coaches other coaches here that."

Bonkers

All I'm saying is Kenny speaks like he was mike Jordan on the court. Kenny was Kenny Smith on the court. That's all. And by the way, was the entire TNT crew on something last night. They were actin a foo.

• Moderators

TNT crew last night and on MLK day was almost better with Chris Webber but I love Chris Webber so I maybe overrating him. Also with Josh after looking deeper into he's pretty much at fault for that losing streak

Webber should be on the show permanently.

• Premium Member

Wolvetigers lemme tell u something...I coulda been the starting guard on a team with Hakeem and Drexler...Kenny Smith is a coattail rider...what did he ever do as a King or even a Hawk..nothing...he acts like he's the god of basketball...he ain't ish. Having said that, Smoove isn't an all star I agree but neither is Deng.

http://www.nba.com/historical/playerfile/index.html?player=action_jackson

It doesn't take a great basketball player to know the game of basketball. More importantly, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see why Josh Smith can't make an All-Star team. There's no question he has the talent to be there. Dude is squandering his talent trying to be something he's not and he has an attitude problem.

Yup, often times the greatest players can also make the worst analysts (Shaq), GMs (Jordan) and coaches (Magic). Besides guys like West, Russell and Bird it usually is the less talented guys that go on to succeed in post basketball careers. My guess is that it's because they had to work harder at their craft or be more cerebral than the guys that could thread a pass through 2 defenders with their eyes closed or better yet......perhaps it's because their egos have been humbled a lot earlier that they are capable of actually learning and accepting different things over their career. Nearly every NBA player was the MAN in high school or college but they get to the league and they become Brian Scalabrine. That makes you more willing to learn than a guy like Shaq who probably thinks he's never been wrong in his life.

• Premium Member

I think on last year, Josh was snubbed. On this year, he just didn't make it. Really, it's his own fault. No Joe should have meant that Josh becomes more leader. However, no Joe meant that Josh took more shots and did more of the things that people hate about his game.

Plus, Boozer and others are balling.