• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

For all you Pau Gasol haters...

Watchman

I have read a lot of posts on here lately about how Gasol is declining. Well, looky, looky. He starts at Center, where he belongs, with no D Howard. What happens? Mr. 20/10 re-emerges, and the Lakers are winning again.

If we have the chance to unload Smith for Gasol, I sure do hope we jump on it. It would be a great opportunity.

Paul Gasol will be 33years old in July and he has bad knees...I think he is a good Power Forward, but for a team like the Hawks who are not contending for another year or so should not waste money by trading for Gasol.....This sounds eerily similar to the Danny Manning trade when i was a kid...and how did that work out for us

Edited by wolvetigers

Paul Gasol will be 33years old in July and he has bad knees...I think he is a good Power Forward, but for a team like the Hawks who are not contending for another year or so should not waste money by trading for Gasol.....This sounds eerily similar to the Danny Manning trade when i was a kid...and how did that work out for us

Yeah, but Manning was a free agent after the season and walked away. Gasol is not an expiring contract.

• Moderators

I really have not wanted a Josh for Gasol trade ever. Even two years ago but now i'm at the point where maybe it makes sense but it would require us getting a quality 2 guard also. I think Gasol can still play and teamed with Horford and Teague that's pretty decent. If we had an outside scorer then in the east we could do some damage the next couple years. I wouldn't do it unless we could get that other piece somehow but why waste horford's prime on a tear down.

If fact what if we got Granger and Pau. It uses all our cap space but granger may be back this year and we should have a pretty good team this year and next. then its rebuild time for sure.

Desperation i know but at least we'd be competing. Just playing devil's advocate. Frankly i'd like to get younger rather than older.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a2ucz4v

Edited by macdaddy

I really have not wanted a Josh for Gasol trade ever. Even two years ago but now i'm at the point where maybe it makes sense but it would require us getting a quality 2 guard also. I think Gasol can still play and teamed with Horford and Teague that's pretty decent. If we had an outside scorer then in the east we could do some damage the next couple years. I wouldn't do it unless we could get that other piece somehow but why waste horford's prime on a tear down.

If fact what if we got Granger and Pau. It uses all our cap space but granger may be back this year and we should have a pretty good team this year and next. then its rebuild time for sure.

Desperation i know but at least we'd be competing. Just playing devil's advocate. Frankly i'd like to get younger rather than older.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a2ucz4v

You dont win a title by continuing to rebuild every 4 years....unless their is a superstar coming out, and nowadays that is becoming highly unlikely. So the real question is how do you build upon a middle of the road playoff team? You improve talent at skilled positions, chemistry and coaching. The Hawks have a a solid PG, good PF....that leaves SG, SF, C that are areas for upgrade. In the draft the Hawks can draft a back up PG, and back up SF...Ferry realizes that if he can bring Dwight here, then we could have a shot at the Eastern Conference Finals..the best move is to trade with Detroit for Greg Monroe, Draft Pick, + filler for Josh Smith. That way we have a solid C just in case Dwight goes elsewhere and we have flexibility to pursue free agents.

Edited by wolvetigers

• Moderators

As well as Earl Clark has been playing recently, you have to think that Kupcake will be looking to clear either Pau or Dwight's contract off the books. I am pretty certain that Pau/Horford would work amazingly well in the short term, but I want Danny to build this team to be great for the next 10 years and Pau doesn't have that much time left in the league. I'd rather see a deal for Cousins than Pau. The Spurs have been great with Parker/Duncan/Ginoboli for the last 10 years. That's the way I want this team built.

I wouldn't mind having Pau but I don't think we need to give up Josh for him. DHarris/Korver/Petro should do it. They need depth and cap flexibility and with this trade, they get both. A front court of Smoove/Al/Gasol would definitely make some noise...

• Moderators

As well as Earl Clark has been playing recently, you have to think that Kupcake will be looking to clear either Pau or Dwight's contract off the books. I am pretty certain that Pau/Horford would work amazingly well in the short term, but I want Danny to build this team to be great for the next 10 years and Pau doesn't have that much time left in the league. I'd rather see a deal for Cousins than Pau. The Spurs have been great with Parker/Duncan/Ginoboli for the last 10 years. That's the way I want this team built.

Parker, Duncan, Ginobli are all elite offensive talents. Horford isn't. You have to think that Horford's prime is a lot shorter than those guys or Pau. He may be Robert Horry when he's 32 but he isn't going to be duncan or pau.

If we could get dwight or monroe then definitely. I'm starting to think that's not happening. The east is so bad that loading up with late prime talent may be the way to go if we can't find anything else.