• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

enough is enough... from the horses mouth.. SMOOVE!

willthepureshooter

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=AgbQ1eLTh2Q Saw this last night on Channel 2 News.. Took it upon myself to put an end to this "multiple sources" crap going around.. This is from Smoove himself. I feel for the guy because he's been dealing with this crap for half of his career. Edited by willthepureshooter

Well the interview really told me nothing. All they asked was if he thought he would be traded and what it felt like to be rumored to be traded. Someone needed to ask the hard hitting questions. If I was doing the interview I would have asked the following:

Are you asking for a max contract in the off season?

Would you be willing to take less than the max to stay in Atlanta?

Do you want to stay in Atlanta?

Do you understand why Atlanta would be shopping you since you asked for the Max Contract (that is if he is asking for the Max)?

Don't you think it would be beneficial to the organization to take a less to have the flexibility to add players to make this a championship team?

You do realize getting the max would handcuff the team in acquiring talented players to help the team win a championship?

Those are all the questions I would ask. I'm sure there are some more I can think of, but I think that would suffice for now. I like Josh and I'm sure the rumors bother him, however I think he could help the situation but answering some of the above questions. He has to realize giving him a 5 yr 94 mill contract is going to handcuff this team. With that contract and as the team is constructed we are not even close to being a championship team, thus the team might be shopping him.

• Like 4

So you all would rather believe multiple sources than the guy himself?? I'm floored!! If Smoove was unhappy and wanted to leave Atlanta I'm pretty sure he would speak up about it. He loves a city that doesn't love him back because he's the easy target out of the flock. I mean, have yall seen some of the trade suggestions on this message board? Just pure garbage! I'm glad the ASG doesn't hire fans as coaches. We would have an entire roster of injured players... Lol! From Gasol, Bynum, Oden, Chris Paul.. shall I continue?

• Moderators

So you all would rather believe multiple sources than the guy himself?? I'm floored!! If Smoove was unhappy and wanted to leave Atlanta I'm pretty sure he would speak up about it. He loves a city that doesn't love him back because he's the easy target out of the flock. I mean, have yall seen some of the trade suggestions on this message board? Just pure garbage! I'm glad the ASG doesn't hire fans as coaches. We would have an entire roster of injured players... Lol! From Gasol, Bynum, Oden, Chris Paul.. shall I continue?

What exactly did he say in that 50 seconds? Not a damn thing. He didn't say "I do not want to be traded", "I love Atlanta and want to retire here", or "my first choice this offseason is Atlanta and want to resign here". All he said was that every time this part of the year the trade rumors tend to surface and that it's frustrating. If you want to put the frustrating rumors to rest, then come out and say something! Hold an interview with the AJC or NBAtv and say something to quell the speculations and rumors. Don't leave the fans and media in the dark; speak up! Maybe he doesn't want a circus if he does want to be traded, but he has created one by NOT saying anything. The uncertainty of the future that fans are left with leaves us to speculate and to come up with insane Gortat-for-Smith type trades.

• Like 1

Never endorsed or condoned the trade rumors. But as PSS87 said that interview didn't prove anything. He might as well told us what his favorite pre-game meal is that would put a end to the rumors, right? Like I said that interview was nothing but hot air.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't it be really self-damaging to come out as a player and comment on what your agent and your bosses are discussing behind closed doors or amongst those who need to know in the business? I mean expecting Josh to publicize that is the only thing that would floor me. It seems very logical that he would value himself and be pushing for as much money as possible, thus the I'm a max contract guy statement. It also makes sense that his agent and the Hawks have met and they are at an impasse with his future with the organization and may have just plain said we're not committing a max contract to Josh. As a result of this, it would make sense that the Josh value trade bait has been thrown in the water to see who comes nibbling. Why is this so hard to believe and why should we feel sorry for Josh? He's going to be very wealthy one way or the other come next year and we all know this is a business. This interview and thread dispel nothing as far as the rumors go. I believe the multiple sources saying that he is being shopped because it makes sense just as it makes sense for Smoove to be wise and keep his mouth shut until the deadline passes.

That is Addressing the media 101. You never talk about trade rumors, if you want to be traded, or wanting to leave in the offseason. If they ask you about it you lie your ass off and say something like "I dont know where these trade rumors are coming from but I am just focusing on playing basketball and winning games.

You keep your true feelings behind close doors with your agent and the front office or you hurt your public image and have a media circus around you aka Dwightmare.

• Moderators

I'm not saying give out every little gritty detail because that would be stupid, but to leave the fans and media in the dark and then state that the speculation is frustrating is like setting a fire and then getting mad it burnt your house down. Throw a little water on the fire and say something to the effect of "I love Atlanta and it would be a dream come true if I could play my whole career as a Hawk, but there is a business side for both myself and the team in these contract negotiations. We will see where that takes us." Boom. Fans are content because we now know that he likes it here and isn't demanding a trade and it puts the ball in Ferry's court to make something happen. Two f'ing sentences and the rumors are dispelled.

• Premium Member

[*]Josh Smith is a black hole...that can't shoot.

[*]He should take his attitude to the boards and to the defensive end of the court

[*]He should focus on letting the game come to him on offense and letting BETTER scorers shoot (especially the long ball)

[*]^^Those last two things are the reason why he hasn't made an All-Star game and why he isn't worth all that money.

[*]HE IS NOT WORTH A MAX CONTRACT

[*]Getting rid of him isn't going to make the team better, but it will allow certain players to be better.

[*]Even with Josh, the team doesn't have enough firepower to compete at a championship level

[*]^^Danny Ferry wants to create a championship team and *supposedly* turn the culture around

Looking at this from a bird's eye view, it's not hard to figure out. The team is being rebuilt/retooled and Josh is being shopped. The horse can kick and scream all day long - we would be foolish to pay him All-Star money.

In all honesty, do yall actually think Al Horford is the person we need to build around? I seriously hope not.

This has nothing to do with Josh, but since we are rebuilding, I think that is a fair question to ask.

If Horford was going to be a free agent and asking for the Max, I'm positive there would be trade rumors about him as well. As neither Smith or Horford are worth the max. This isn't about who deserves the max Smith or Horford. The facts are Smith is the free agent and he wants the max. Thus he is on the trade block.

Horford happens to be the last man standing. I don't think Ferry views Horford as the center piece of the team, but as a piece to the puzzle of building a championship team.

• Like 4

If Teague can play at his current level consistently then I say we should build around Teague/Horford. Say what you want but Jeff is the best PG we've had from a statistical standpoint since Jason Terry. Both guys have mid-high bbiq.

Edited by Robdawg
  • Like 3

Fans always say, "If we lose ______ we can't keep winning at the pace

we're on now. (You fill in the blank)

Truth is, a lot depends on who we get back or replace him with. We lost

both JJ and Marvin and were expected to, at once, become a lottery team

near the botom of the standings.

Well? Are we? We may fall, but we ain't fell yet. We lose easy games and

we win really hard games.

If we lose, we will go on, regardless of who we trade away. Exact talants can't

be replaced but sometimes different talent comes into play.

Who knows - - We might even become a pretty good team - - We hope!!

GO HAWKS!!

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I don't think Ferry views Horford as the center piece of the team, but as a piece to the puzzle of building a championship team.

My point exactly when it comes to Horford. He is a piece to the puzzle. I don't want Ferry to build around Horford or any one player for that matter. I want Ferry to make a TEAM and Smoove wants to be the man. I really think that he doesn't buy into just being a piece. He wants to be Kobe with Rick Fox, Derek Fisher, and Robert Horry around him.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I don't mind trading any of the players on our roster if it will make our team better. If we trade away Josh (Knowing 100% he won't resign for a reasonable contract), then I'm hoping we can get a young center with good upside. And then we can slide Al to the PF, and Teague will be able to run the team his way. What do we do after that? What are some good FA's we can go after to fill in our left over spots?

Will we have to wait after next season to be a serious contender?

• Moderators

I don't mind trading any of the players on our roster if it will make our team better. If we trade away Josh (Knowing 100% he won't resign for a reasonable contract), then I'm hoping we can get a young center with good upside. And then we can slide Al to the PF, and Teague will be able to run the team his way. What do we do after that? What are some good FA's we can go after to fill in our left over spots? Will we have to wait after next season to be a serious contender?

The only way we become an instant contender is if we ink Dwight. I am expecting this to be a 2-3 year ordeal for Ferry to build his team. I expect Ferry to do well in drafting and will pick up guys like Evan Turner and others. I feel that Ferry will make that signing/trade that will be comparable to the Falcons getting Tony Gonzalez. It won't be Tom Brady, but it'll still be impressive and make us say "Whoa we got player X?!?". Could also see him make a draft day deal comparable to Julio to get his guy.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk