• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Celtics interested in Smith

Robdawg

I’ve heard for a few weeks now that Boston is salivating over Atlanta forward Josh Smith and would be receptive to unloading Brandon Bass and Jeff Green to obtain him. It’s no secret Brooklyn wouldn’t mind Smith, either. The Nets, some league officials insist, apparently are offering forward Kris Humphries and swingman MarShon Brooks. Racine Journal-Times

Saw this on hoopshype a few minutes ago.

Don't know how much merit there is to this link, but I decided that since it's up to at least make a forum of discussion out of it. If the trade goes down:

ATL gets:

Bass

Green

possibly filler

BOS gets:

Smoove

What do yall think?

Edited by Robdawg

Neither do I. Both still have 3-4 years left on their contracts and would thus create a dent in our cap space. I wouldn't mind Bass but Smith for these two would be a steal for Boston.

• Premium Member

I would think if that's true then DF will, in all likelyhood, receive way better offers than that. Celts, Nets, Mavs, Spurs, Rockets... Guess we'll have to wait for the 21st to know what's in Ferry's mind.

I'm just glad as of now Smith looks as good as gone.

Edited by BrazilianHawk

No way. Bradley and Melo instead of Bass and I'm interested.

Celtics might actually do that if we take some of Smooves' salary back. He has already expressed a lot of interest in going there so they might reach a little.

I like Deandre Jordan but...

I know that he's a liability at the FT line but so is Josh and we've seen him airball FT's before! DeAndre is a terrific defender and stays in the post and from what I remember he's awesome on the PnR. I just have a feeling that if Boston really wants Josh and they're really serious about this KG to LA rumor that this is what's going to happen.

• Like 1

I know that he's a liability at the FT line but so is Josh and we've seen him airball FT's before! DeAndre is a terrific defender and stays in the post and from what I remember he's awesome on the PnR. I just have a feeling that if Boston really wants Josh and they're really serious about this KG to LA rumor that this is what's going to happen.

It's funny you mention that! I just posted a 4 team trade scenario in the trade section where Atlanta gets Pierce and Jordan, Milwaukee gets Bledsoe, Bass, Morrow, Petro and Boston's 1st, LAC gets Garnett and Stevenson and Boston gets Josh Smith, Samuel Dalembert, Marquis Daniels, and Brandon Jennings.

It's funny you mention that! I just posted a 4 team trade scenario in the trade section where Atlanta gets Pierce and Jordan, Milwaukee gets Bledsoe, Bass, Morrow, Petro and Boston's 1st, LAC gets Garnett and Stevenson and Boston gets Josh Smith, Samuel Dalembert, Marquis Daniels, and Brandon Jennings.

Ugh how you could possibly make a deal where Pierce is a Hawk! Send him to Milwaukee and we'll take Bledsoe and Boston's 1st or something like that.

Here's my version, posted in the trade ideas as well.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine/?tradeId=cgcgy6s

This trade is my idea of piggybacking off of the rumored LAC - Boston trade, which gets Boston the PG they want plus Josh whom they've been wanting for a couple of years now. The Clippers get Garnett just as they will in the already rumored trade.

For Atlanta, we get 2 young centers, one of whom is ready to play big minutes now. In only 24 minutes Jorden is averaging 9 / 7.5/ 1.5 and shooting 60% so he knows how to play at the rim and stay in the paint to defend it on the other end. Jordan also has a very reasonable contract and we'll get another young C in Melo who should be ready to play big minutes within 2 years but until then can develop in the NBADL. Barbosa ha

• Like 1