• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Celtics interested in Smith

Robdawg

Jordan is 10.5 and 11 million each of the next 2 years for 9.5 ppg, 7 rbds 1.5 blocks. Is that good value for that much money?

In 24 minutes of play yes it is. He also shoots 60% and plays in the paint on both ends of the floor. You bump his minutes up to 32-34 and you'll see him getting 12-13 points, 10 boards and 2+ blocks.

yea you hawks fans tickle the shit out of me, you say he is a disease but then you find something wrong with every trade thats been suggested. iwould love to get jordan he fills a great need for just a decent center.im not enamared with bass but bass has always been tough in the paint.for a low iq basketball player that you say is a cancer waiting to happen what are we complaining about.

• Premium Member

Call me crazy but I bet we end up with Denadre Jordan plus others for Smith as part of a 3 way with the Clippers with Smith to Boston and KG to LA.

I would like that.

Call this fair:

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6241506

Atlanta Hawks Breakdown. Courtney Lee 27 year old , 6-5, 200 lb G from Western Kentucky 7.4 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 1.6 apg in 23.4 minutes DeAndre Jordan 24 year old , 6-11, 265 lb C from Texas A&M 9.0 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 0.4 apg in 24.6 minutes Outgoing Players Josh Smith 27 year old , 6-9, 225 lb F from Oak Hill Academy (Virginia) 17.4 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 4.1 apg in 35.7 minutes in 2012-2013 Anthony Morrow 27 year old , 6-5, 210 lb G from Georgia Tech 5.2 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 0.4 apg in 12.5 minutes in 2012-2013

Boston Celtics Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -0.0 ppg, -0.3 rpg, and +0.6 apg. Incoming Players Josh Smith 27 year old , 6-9, 225 lb F from Oak Hill Academy (Virginia) 17.4 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 4.1 apg in 35.7 minutes Anthony Morrow 27 year old , 6-5, 210 lb G from Georgia Tech 5.2 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 0.4 apg in 12.5 minutes Outgoing Players Kevin Garnett 36 year old , 6-11, 253 lb F from Farragut Career Academy (Illinois) 15.1 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 2.3 apg in 30.3 minutes in 2012-2013 Courtney Lee 27 year old , 6-5, 200 lb G from Western Kentucky 7.4 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 1.6 apg in 23.4 minutes in 2012-2013
Los Angeles Clippers Trade Breakdown

Change in Team Outlook: +6.1 ppg, +0.4 rpg, and +1.9 apg. Incoming Players Kevin Garnett 36 year old , 6-11, 253 lb F from Farragut Career Academy (Illinois) 15.1 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 2.3 apg in 30.3 minutes Outgoing Players DeAndre Jordan 24 year old , 6-11, 265 lb C from Texas A&M 9.0 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 0.4 apg in 24.6 minutes in 2012-2013

Edited by Diesel
  • Like 1

They get Smoove. It's what they need to get younger. They have fab Melo, Brandon, and a whole cast of others who are ready to run.

Plus it's already been reported that Smoove has an interest in playing in Boston. That would give the Celtics the incentive to grab his bird rights and secure a trade. Smart deal for both.

Great problem. Garnett has a "No trade" clause in his contract and heis refusing to waive the clause. He is allowed to do that. That's whythey call it what they do.If he refuses, he can stay there and play or, if they refuse to play him,he simply stays on the roster, draws his paycheck until the contractruns out, then retire. He has Boston by the short hairs, so to speak.

Josh smith is more productive than both of those guys together playing 9 less mins

Josh plays 11 minutes more than Jordan does. Look at their stats on a PER36 basis, which studies have shown translate well with enough of a sample on lower minute productive players.

FGA
Smith: 15.9
Jordan: 9.2
FG%
Smith: .460
Jordan: .599
Pts
Smith: 17.5
Jordan: 13.2
Rebounds
Smith: 8.7
Jordan: 10.7
Blocks
Smith: 2.2
Jordan: 2.0
Steals
Smith: 1.2
Jordan: 1.0
Assists
Smith: 4.1
Jordan: 0.6
Turnovers
Smith: 3.1
Jordan: 2.0
Now consider that Jordan is a true center, 2" and 25 lbs heavier, plus 3 years younger and will make anywhere from 4-8 million less than Josh next season and it's a no brainer. Jordan is a fantastic replacement for Josh and allows us to add a very good SG or SF to he, Teage and Al and enough room to fill out the bench.
Lee is a decent player but not really worth considering beyond this season. This is definitely a good trade though!

• Moderators

Man, I want no part of getting Jeff Green in this deal. Mediocrity for 8 figures a year for the next 3 years and the Celtics are "willing" to part with him? I assume that means they are willing to part with him like a college grad is willing to part with his school debt.

• Like 3

This is another interesting one. Aren't rondo and josh ex high school teammates? They could be trying to build around that combo, but those two personalities together are risky.I like it for us though. Jordan and C Lee is a decent haul for an expiring josh

I would love to see the Hawks get right in the middle of the Boston/LA trade and the LA/Utah trade.Utah wants a PG - Bledsoe and probably doesn't want to be burdened with a bad contract. Boston wants a young physical defender - SmithLA - wants a jump shooting big to open things up for Griffin - GarnettATL - Needs a real C, has an extra 1st rounder and has exprings to send Utah as filler since Bledose makes 20% of what the other big pieces doIn the end ATL ends up with D. Jordan and Milsap's bird rights. We can afford to sign him, but could flip him in a sign and trade if it doesn't work out. The money works if the Hawks toss in the spare parts.

I don't understand the love for Deandre Jordan...he's average at best without Chris Paul. And Teague is solid but nowhere near Chris Paul. Wake Forest is all they have in common.

Athletic young efficient. Moves horford to the 4. Great defender. Decent contract to name a few Posted Image

You also forgot his shots all come near the basket. Like they said this morning on Mike and Mike. People like to knock Blake Griffin saying all he does is dunk. Which shot would you rather see your player take? A dunk or a 20ft. jump shot?

• Like 1