• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pau for Smith doesn't look so bad now does it? lol

HawkItus

• Moderators

A big part of Pau's performance decline and extended injury is how he is being used in LA. They are doing the equivalent of posting up with Steve Nash in the way they are handling Pau. He is protesting by sitting out more than is necessary.

I am in the realm of people who think his season would be very different as a primary post option on a team without D'Antoni and Dwight.

That said, Pau made the most sense to me before we moved JJ because I could see a potential big impact. With a Pau for Josh, the only question is whether Pau could fetch more in a trade (this season, this offseason or next season) than Josh if he performed well this season because I think we would still be in the 4-6 seed range with Pau.

• Premium Member

The thing is that you are trying to apply what actually happened to him now as though it guaranteed to of still happened if he had been traded to the Hawks earlier. Following that thought then you could say that the Bulls were dumb to max out Rose knowing that he'd be extremely injury prone missing nearly half of one season before blowing out his knee and missing 2/3rds and counting of another.

Your analogy I'm afraid is a little off.

Edited by Peoriabird

• Moderators

I don't think anybody here wants to trade for Monte Ellis and we should all be praying that he's moving to a 3rd team if that's the trade that goes through.

I don't think there will be a 3rd team involve because everybody wants to end up with Smith. Teams aren't going to get involved just to facilitate this trade. It'll be Atlanta with another team straight up.

• Moderators

Is this what we blew up the team to be? Weren't we this kind of team with the core?

If we had kept JJ and gone with Pau, I think we could have been more than that but my point is that since we would be the same or only slightly better with Pau than as we are today, then a Josh for Pau trade has to be measured by the value we get for Josh against the value we could have gotten for Pau (either now, this offseason or next year) and the impact of Pau's longer contract on our FA plans.

If we aren't signing Dwight or Paul anyway and Pau would fetch us more than Josh, it is a good deal. If Josh fetches more than Pau, it would be a bad deal. A lot of conjecture.