• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pau for Smith doesn't look so bad now does it? lol

HawkItus

Haha . . . I was just thinking this last night. Matter of fact, I'd do a Smith + Morrow for Pau Gasol RIGHT NOW.

D'Antoni isn't going to use him right and he'd actually be a very good duo with Horford. Pau's passing ability is on par with Josh and we'll make sure to get the ball to him in the post.

To think that we may have to settle for Monta Ellis . . or even less . . a deal for Gasol would look like a shiny new Corvette right about now.

lol @ trading for an injured player...

Would you trade for Rajon Rondo or Derrick Rose?

You act like players have never came back from injury.

Edited by northcyde
  • Like 1

Haha . . . I was just thinking this last night. Matter of fact, I'd do a Smith + Morrow for Pau Gasol RIGHT NOW.

D'Antoni isn't going to use him right and he'd actually be a very good duo with Horford. Pau's passing ability is on par with Josh and we'll make sure to get the ball to him in the post.

To think that we may have to settle for Monta Ellis . . or even less . . a deal for Gasol would look like a shiny new Corvette right about now.

Would you trade for Rajon Rondo or Derrick Rose?

You act like players have never came back from injury.

Big difference between chronically bad knees for a 30+ year old player and a torn ACL for a mid-20's All-Star with a relatively clean bill of health outside of the ACL tear.

• Like 1

Maybe because he is aging, and has bad knees, feet, etc.,....come on Hawks Fans...Come on

But we want to trade for Monte Ellis. Someone who we dont want to keep anyways. Just to fill a role til the end of the season. I would be find with Pau filling a role to the end of the season over Monte anyday of the week. I realize he is injured right now, but I would take Pau over Monte everyday of the week.

But we want to trade for Monte Ellis. Someone who we dont want to keep anyways. Just to fill a role til the end of the season. I would be find with Pau filling a role to the end of the season over Monte anyday of the week. I realize he is injured right now, but I would take Pau over Monte everyday of the week.

I don't think anybody here wants to trade for Monte Ellis and we should all be praying that he's moving to a 3rd team if that's the trade that goes through.

So you pay the remaining of Paul Gasol contract knowing he is injury prone and he is owed 19mill next year....wow...

Edited by wolvetigers

I want Monte Ellis. Especially on a short deal like he has. The guy can play. His current situation is a bad fit, but he can ball.

Have you seen how pitiful his shooting #'s are this year? Situation doesn't make you become a bad shooter, he's just lost it.

Big difference between chronically bad knees for a 30+ year old player and a torn ACL for a mid-20's All-Star with a relatively clean bill of health outside of the ACL tear.

He has tendonitis, Dol. You know, that thing that every NBA player has to a degree? The cure is rest as opposed to surgical reconstruction but maybe there is a point because Josh's numbers and playstyle also took a drop too after being diagnosed with the same thing.

And is Pau not eligible for the Monta excuse too? He's better suited for the C position now but has seen his production drop having to give way to Bynum and Dwight. Monta just has a less efficient small guard next to him now.

Edited by MaceCase

He has tendonitis, Dol. You know, that thing that every NBA player has to a degree? The cure is rest as opposed to surgical reconstruction but maybe there is a point because Josh's numbers and playstyle also took a drop too after being diagnosed with the same thing.

And is Pau not eligible for the Monta excuse too? He's better suited for the C position now but has seen his production drop having to give way to Bynum and Dwight. Monta just has a less efficient small guard next to him now.

He's got chronic knee issues and I think I remember it being more than tendinitis, but I could be wrong on that. But he's missed 20 games this year and missed 17 last year and he's getting foot and I believe back injuries and I'm sure that he's compensating for the knee problems. Not something I'd want to pay 20 million for next year under any circumstances.

He's got chronic knee issues and I think I remember it being more than tendinitis, but I could be wrong on that. But he's missed 20 games this year and missed 17 last year and he's getting foot and I believe back injuries and I'm sure that he's compensating for the knee problems. Not something I'd want to pay 20 million for next year under any circumstances.

No, he has tendonitis. He's a 7 foot 32 year that has averaged more minutes per game, while playing deeper into the playoffs and competing in every summer as the focal point of his national team for the past 4 years than the younger Josh Smith...of course his tendonitis is going to be worse but it's not indicative of a more serious injury. The remedy is rest not surgery, which he obviously hasn't gotten.

He's phoned it in this season and milked his injury because he's been very vocally unhappy with his role with Dwight and D'Antoni. The foot injury is entirely separate from that though, you might as well say that Rose has chronically bad knees after missing 27 games last season due to elbow, toe, back, groin and ankle injuries.

Edited by MaceCase

Rose blew up his knee compensating for his ankle problems. And I am a believer that Gasol tore up his foot compensating for his knees. He's out at least 8 weeks and is gonna be paid what 22 million next year with all those miles on his body? No thanks!

The thing is that you are trying to apply what actually happened to him now as though it guaranteed to of still happened if he had been traded to the Hawks earlier. Following that thought then you could say that the Bulls were dumb to max out Rose knowing that he'd be extremely injury prone missing nearly half of one season before blowing out his knee and missing 2/3rds and counting of another.