• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Morrow traded for Dahntay Jones

Admin

• Premium Member

I can't doubt that Morrow is going to be D-12 bait. I would have done it the same way. D-12 wants to go somewhere where he can be the focus... but I heard the DA say.. Name 1 player that has ever left the Lakers.

Dahntay Jones' role with the Mavericks has altered throughout the season.

At times, he has been a bench warmer, while at other times, he has been a starter and played key minutes down the stretch.

Jonesis still an effective defender, but he has really struggled to not be aliability on offense. If Jones were traded, it would have to be to ateam in the playoff hunt who wanted him around for his defense only.

Still, that defense can be a valuable asset for a team to have in a stretch run.

Ah yes people are nitpicking 3 point percentage when the guy was brought here for toughness and defense. We'll see in a few weeks how much he has left in the tank.

He has shot the 3 well his last two years in Indiana. He is a good FT shooter showing he has good shot fundamentals. Don't be surprised if you see an increased in his 3pt % with us. I remember arguing with people when we acquired Deshawn Stevenson that he could still shoot when he shoot 28% the year before.

People also seem to forget Dahntay attacks the rim ferociously. Gets to line 5-6 times a game per 36.

Edited by GameTime

This trade is about clearing minutes for Jenkins, etc. and getting a few $$ to pay for Pargo or another PG without tripping the tax.

It is small but it makes good logical sense.

ok if that is what they are doing it makes sense b/c i felt one thing we neede from a josh trade was snother healthy guard sense you cant count on harris to stay healthy. but let him be better than prago.