• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I wish we could just bench Smoove

ATLscrubLove

There are only two players capable of making plays for teammates: Josh and Jeff. The team lost it's other play maker with Lou so Drew can only work with what he has at the moment.

Boston has great depth and solid talent to match. The team needs a shooting guard that can make plays for others which entails lowering play making responsibilities for JS and JT. Guys like Evans and Jack are out there but it's slim pickings for the position.

• Like 1

I feel that the Tony Romo comparison that North made to be truly apt.

Me and North usually butt heads on Joe, but I swear I was gonna post the exact same thing yesterday before cutting it to prevent a rant. Josh is the Romo of the NBA. Josh can stuff the stat sheet till its running off the page. I think Romo still has the highest career QB Rating of All Time. But if you examine his career, he beats up on poorer teams and NEVER, I mean NEVER beats good or better teams. With the rampant parody in the NFL and more specifically the NFC East since his first start, it's almost like the Cowboys have put forth great effort to be mediocre. It's because their QB makes the most horrendous mistakes that cancel out everything he's done well, making it impossible to beat good teams (ie good defensive teams). That's Josh to a tee. All the talent in the world with fatal flaws. With Romo, his hands are way too small and his thought processes too simplistic and slow to calculate the ridiculous amount of data that a QB has to be aware of. With Josh, his jumper is horrific and his thought processes are too often non-existent, which is much more troubling because his job is much simpler than he realizes. All he has to do is stay inside on both ends and give the goddamn ball up to a guard if he isnt in or around the paint. Great minds think alike, hey North? Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Moderators

And the funny thing is that Romo drives the Cowboy fans just as crazy as Smoove does us... Great comparison!<br /><br />EDIT: I wonder how similar the FO will treat Josh to Romo... Jerry wants Romo around "for the long term". Could be more hills and valleys to come guys... lol

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

Romo has outstanding talent and cast around him. It's essentially Josh, Al, and a lesser extent Teague down the stretch. The talent level drops off tremendously after that. Drew probably doesn't trust Jeff enough for him to make plays for himself and others during crunch time.

• Premium Member

Me and North usually butt heads on Joe, but I swear I was gonna post the exact same thing yesterday before cutting it to prevent a rant. Josh is the Romo of the NBA. Josh can stuff the stat sheet till its running off the page. I think Romo still has the highest career QB Rating of All Time. But if you examine his career, he beats up on poorer teams and NEVER, I mean NEVER beats good or better teams. With the rampant parody in the NFL and more specifically the NFC East since his first start, it's almost like the Cowboys have put forth great effort to be mediocre. It's because their QB makes the most horrendous mistakes that cancel out everything he's done well, making it impossible to beat good teams (ie good defensive teams). That's Josh to a tee. All the talent in the world with fatal flaws. With Romo, his hands are way too small and his thought processes too simplistic and slow to calculate the ridiculous amount of data that a QB has to be aware of. With Josh, his jumper is horrific and his thought processes are too often non-existent, which is much more troubling because his job is much simpler than he realizes. All he has to do is stay inside on both ends and give the goddamn ball up to a guard if he isnt in or around the paint. Great minds think alike, hey North?

This is not a great analogy because Josh is not the quarterback...Jeff Teague is. Drew for whatever reason decides to take his quarterback out of the play to run the wild cat offense. This is when the offense starts to make mistakes that ultimitely loses games for this team.