• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I wish we could just bench Smoove

ATLscrubLove

I don't care that he had 31 points. How many bad shots did he take? How many turnovers did he have? Have many bad decisions off the dribble did he have? Oh right, a ton. He is the reason we lost the game. No one else, just him. I wish LD would at least bench him in crunch time ( preferably the rest of the year ). He has costed us too many games. I'm done with him. We will never get past the 1st/2nd round with him on the squad.

Edited by ATLscrubLove
  • Like 1

Not true...it was Larry Drew that ran the offense through Josh Smith in over time so he is the blame sorry.

Drew did not make the turnovers. Drew did not make 1 pass or 1 turnover. You have to go with what got you there. Josh will get you there........Josh just presses too much in crunch time.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Drew did not make the turnovers. Drew did not make 1 pass or 1 turnover. You have to go with what got you there. Josh will get you there........Josh just presses too much in crunch time.

Sorry brother, the offense changed down the stretch to an isolation offense with josh in the high post. That was Drew's decision.

• Like 1

Not true...it was Larry Drew that ran the offense through Josh Smith in over time so he is the blame sorry.

They were set plays that used smoove as the primary passer on the floor. Should have been using Teague or Harris. Cs had no answer for Teague. Missed opportunity by LD not utilizing Teague
  • Like 4

• Moderators

When you have a coach a wants to run the offense through a player that is offensively flawed, then you have to question the game plan. Teague was playing well and so was Horf, but yet play after play, Josh was the one with the ball. Josh should be the one getting set up, not vice-versa. Josh is an excellent passer, but he isn't the one you want directing traffic. And you can run hi-low so many times before teams begin to pick up on it...

• Like 4

• Premium Member

When you have a coach a wants to run the offense through a player that is offensively flawed, then you have to question the game plan. Teague was playing well and so was Horf, but yet play after play, Josh was the one with the ball. Josh should be the one getting set up, not vice-versa. Josh is an excellent passer, but he isn't the one you want directing traffic. And you can run hi-low so many times before teams begin to pick up on it...

But of course Drew lovers don't understand this simple concept.

How anyone can be a Josh Smith apologist and call themselves a "true" Hawks fan is amazing! It is a simple reality...Josh Smith does a lot of good things to help the Hawks contend...he really does nothing to help us win and close out ball games...see last minute of Regulation and OT and tell me he did more to help than hinder! I wish Ferry would have traded his idiotic lazy arse!

• Like 1

Wow, so many absolutists in this thread. He does nothing for us! He does everything for us! Fire Larry Drew! KILL Larry Drew!Such a lack of perspective. Such an insane amount of knee-jerking. It's breathtaking, really.

• Like 1

Wow, so many absolutists in this thread. He does nothing for us! He does everything for us! Fire Larry Drew! KILL Larry Drew!Such a lack of perspective. Such an insane amount of knee-jerking. It's breathtaking, really.

When you see the same things time and time again from LD and especially Josh (9yrs) I wouldn't necessarily call that knee jerk. JMO

• Premium Member

There is no knee jerking here. The flaws speak for themselves. What kind of team are we? Lottery teams don't care. It's all about growth and experimentation. Is that what we're doing?

Are we trying to go as far as we can? Because contending teams examine every flaw and they correct them. If there is a flawed coach, he is instructed to change and produce results or he is fired. If there is a flawed player, he is benched or traded. If that player can change, the team holds him accountable and he changes. Imagine Joel Anthony taking shots from LeBron and Wade...

So what kind of team are we? We're mediocre. We throw shit at the wall and wait for something to stick. It's silly that these guys can't see what's wrong here...

The offense should be powered by Teague and Horford. End of discussion. Josh is a weapon that could be used to facilitate (and supplement) the offense, but he should stop trying to score...period...and let the game come to him. We've been saying that for almost 8 years now. He should be moving without the ball, looking to score inside. He doesn't have a jump shot and should never take more thant 1 or 2 outside shots a game. Horford and Josh should take a page out of Pat Riley's book on the defensive end of the court, with Josh taking his energy and that chip on his shoulder there.

If we played like that, we could beat any team in the East not playing home games in Miami. I make a fraction of the money that any of those guys make... I can't believe that they can't see that.

• Like 2

I feel that the Tony Romo comparison that North made to be truly apt. To continue with the football analogy, just because a coach calls a play, the QB can't just run the play and stare down a receiver before throwing into double coverage because that's the primary option. There are secondary options and if all else fails just check it down. There weren't any reads by Josh in those pivotal plays, he either decided he was going to Al no matter what or calling his own number. It was tough because it seemed like he got his head on straight in that 2nd half just to falter BADLY at the end.

• Like 2