• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is LD finally coming around?

Brotha2ThaNite

I finally see LD standing up for his team when they are getting Hacked/fouled.

This is something has pissed me off the most about LD.

In the passed he would just stand there with his arms crossed while our Hawks not get the calls.

Then we will see Josh, Al, Zaza and Ivan get a T for arguing with the Refs. Woody would tell his players, "Let me handle the refs." Woody's last year... He had Josh no complaining as much and had Josh not taking 3pt.

If LD can keep this up and get Josh to stop taking 3s... I would love to bring him back as a coach.

I think LD is also worried about Teague's "non-Alley Oop" passing as of hurting this team on fast breaks.

I have never seen a gaurd not able to throw an alley oop pass. lol

Devin does run this team better. As much as I would like Teague to prove me wrong but he just gets lost too many times as a PG.

He is feeling the pressure too. I hope he keeps playing like he did the 2nd half of last night's game.

LD said last night, "I like that Josh didn't just settle for jumpers."

They also talked about LD keeping Devin as the starting PG.

Hmmmm, sounds like we have a coach who is putting everyone on the ropes. Either play the right way or sit.

I like it.

It's a process, and he's growing just like a player. The Mavericks went through their long extended playoff run for 9 years and they finally broke through. Woody and Drew installed the defensive principles of limiting fast break points, staying in front of your man and preventing fouls by bigs on smalls, having players who can guard multiple positions, and not letting anybody not named Melo go crazy. Of course the three point defense and rebounding needs work, the latter will be easily improved by personnel upgrades. Drew has successfully installed the offense now: Fast breaking, abundant three point shootering, and ball movement. Our weaknesses there of offensive rebounding and free throw shooting will also be addressed in free agency. I would hate to replace him and start all over with a new message, philosophy, and attack. With all this money to spend, we just need to signifigantly bolster those ideals. Im confident Drew has us on the right path. See the Lakers, there's no guarantee all these "marquee" names will improve your product, same as a marquee coach. There's a guy already here who actually cares about the franchise and making a name for himself with his young group. He's almost at .600 at home with a, um, less than favorable home court advantage. I say give him a loaded payroll of players selected by a wonderful GM and basketball mind and see how much noise he makes. Our December Coach of The Month could be it for the whole year.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

Devin does run this team better. As much as I would like Teague to prove me wrong but he just gets lost too many times as a PG.

I don't think that I agree with this conclution and I don't think that the numbers support such a claim. Having said that I must add that Devin Harris is one of the worse defenders in the league. Points guards go by him at will and it almost reminds me of our team when Bibby was here.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Our weaknesses there of offensive rebounding and free throw shooting will also be addressed in free agency.

This is in a nutshell why the team is so inconsistent. Its not just personnel with this team because we have guys that would rather do the dirty work like Ivan johnson, Zaza, Horford, Mike Scott and even Petro but Drew chooses to play the guys that clearly don't have any interest in that sort of stuff like Josh Smith, Korver, and Deshawn Stevenson, Devin Harris and John Jenkins. Its just not a priority for Drew. Reggie Evans would get fewer minutes than Ivan if he were on the team.

• Premium Member

I don't think that I agree with this conclution and I don't think that the numbers support such a claim. Having said that I must add that Devin Harris is one of the worse defenders in the league. Points guards go by him at will and it almost reminds me of our team when Bibby was here.

Ditto. Once Teague fully recovers from the ankle sprain, we won't be having this discussion.

both of them are not that good at defense. Teague is the better defender of the 2. PGs/G have been killing us.But I said, "run the Offense."

• Premium Member

both of them are not that good at defense. Teague is the better defender of the 2. PGs/G have been killing us.But I said, "run the Offense."

Teague runs the offense better overall. Harris often looks for his own shot rather than setting up others. When it comes to getting our top option in Horford involved, Teague is the best whereas Harris does a good job, but doesn't do quite as well as Teague when it comes to getting the ball to Horford and others in position to score. Again, to the chagrin of LD and others, when Teague gets healthy, this won't be a conversation.

I really don't believe LD has changed. He's what he is, a middle of the pack coach with a very limited ability to get guys to play the way he wants them to. Finding an upgrade at HC is #2 on my off-season priority list.

• Like 2

I dont post much because there is nothing new to post of. Teague being sent to the bench with less than 20 games to go is stupid. That is a move for the future you dont do that on a serious team that is playoff bound. The management including LD is not serious so nothing has changed or moved forward with team capspace.

• Premium Member

Ive bashed LD from day one. But after watrching him all this time he seems to be growing on me, granted hes not a top tier coach. He is doing about as good as 90% of the coaches in the league at this point IMO.