• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al Horford: The Boss

HawkItus

“I felt we played hard we just had too many deflating plays,” said Horford, who also had 11 rebounds for a double-double. “That is the only thing that sticks out to me. We are about to score in transition and we throw the ball away. Or we take an ill-advised 3-point shot on the break. Things against a team like that, they were making us pay. I felt we had decent energy, considering the situation. They just played better.”

I love hearing stuff like this from Al. He is growing up in front of us.

• Like 2

• Moderators

We need to build around him quickly. He is hitting his prime and needs a scoring wing to complement what he brings. This off season is going to be really interesting. Honestly i can't figure out what we are going to do but I'll be very surprised if it isn't significant.

There was a thread not so long ago about whether Al could be a 20/10 guy AND still keep his efficiency. So far so good, but still has a long way to go.

Nah, pretty sure it was just Josh as I don't recall Jeff routinely making idiotic plays last night.

He had a couple bad looking three misses. You know, the ones he usually hits when his defender goes under the screen. After that though, he was relentless driving the hole. That spin on OJ on the baseline was cold.

• Premium Member

He had a couple bad looking three misses. You know, the ones he usually hits when his defender goes under the screen. After that though, he was relentless driving the hole. That spin on OJ on the baseline was cold.

Agreed, which is why I think Al's comments were directed primarily towards Josh as the miscues he made were at moments where the Hawks were building momentum. The fact that LD benched him for the entire fourth quarter speaks to that as well. The more I think about it, the more ready I become to see Smith elsewhere.