• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Lose Hawks!

Nicholasp27

I used to think this as well. But, I think the playoffs reseeds after each round. So if Boston or Chicago was seeded lower and won their series they would go on to play Miami. Same goes for us if we were seeded lower.

I used to think this as well. But, I think the playoffs reseeds after each round. So if Boston or Chicago was seeded lower and won their series they would go on to play Miami. Same goes for us if we were seeded lower.

No, it doesn't. Last year the 4th seed celtics played the 8th seed sixers in the 2nd round, while the 2nd seed heat played the 3rd seed pacers.

I'm nearly certain that they do re-seed so that the top seed plays the worst remaining seed and so on once you get to the 2nd round. Doesn't matter though we aren't getting out of the 1st round with all of our injuries.

NBA doesn't re seed. Once you're seeded where you are then you're there throughout the playoffs. 1, 8, 4, 5 seeds are in the same bracket as 2, 7, 3, 6 are in the same bracket. It's set to where if the tops seeds wins their series then the top seeds would play the lowest seed in the conference in the next round having the 1 seed play 4 seed, 2 seed plays the 3 seed and so forth having the top 2 teams play in the conference finals if they advance. I think the only league that re seeds is the NFL.

• Moderators

I wouldn't suggest 'losing' per se. We're out of the running for the 3rd seed now, but I'd rather enjoy a 4-5 matchup with either of the Nets or Knicks, especially as the 4-seed. I would hate a first-round pairing with Indiana (for reasons that have nothing to do with the matchup on the floor). So I'd keep playing our best players, but once homecourt advantage is out of reach and the minimum 6-seed is locked up (Magic Number for the 6-seed is 7), I wouldn't mind experimenting to find out how far Iso-Tolliver would carry us in mid-April.

~lw3

Second round means nothingWe have never been to ECF so ldo I want our easiest path...which is through ny, bos, ind NOT Miami

You missed my point. My point is that we most likely wont even get out of the first round so there is no point in worrying about who our potential 2nd round match up is.

You missed my point. My point is that we most likely wont even get out of the first round so there is no point in worrying about who our potential 2nd round match up is.

No, you miss mineI'd rather lose 20% equity in getting to second round if it increases our equity in getting to ECF by 1%We will NOT make ECF if we are 4/5 seed..,our equity is very small...maybe 50/50 round one and 90/10 dog to Miami...so 5% chance at ECFIf we are 6/7 seed we aren't worse than 70/30 dogs each round which gives us at least a 9% chance at ECF

NBA doesn't re seed. Once you're seeded where you are then you're there throughout the playoffs. 1, 8, 4, 5 seeds are in the same bracket as 2, 7, 3, 6 are in the same bracket. It's set to where if the tops seeds wins their series then the top seeds would play the lowest seed in the conference in the next round having the 1 seed play 4 seed, 2 seed plays the 3 seed and so forth having the top 2 teams play in the conference finals if they advance. I think the only league that re seeds is the NFL.

My mistake then, I thought that was changed a year or two ago but you appear to be correct. Unfortunately it won't matter as we're not going to get out of the 1st round this year with the season ending injuries to Lou and Zaza. I hope I am proven wrong though!>

• Moderators

My fat-chance nightmare would be the Hawks getting their act together and beating the HEAT in the second round, only to lose in the ECF to Indiana or Brooklyn or New York or whatever. But like others said, hopefully it's just us fans and Jameer Nelson worrying about second rounds.

~lw3

• Like 1