• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LD- "We are 77 games into the Season and

DocWilkins

LD wouldn't be a very good scout. I know exactly who they are. A great fast breaking, three point shooting, and passing team who is awful at protecting the glass, atrocious at defending the three point line with one of the worst shot takers and free throw shooters in the league, one of the most underrated PGs in the game, one of the top double-double tandems up front, slightly above average bench, strangers to the free throw line, and new injuries every other game. There you go, Coach.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

LD - good coach or bad coach, who knows but I do know he frustrates me sometimes.The change in philosophy started with the ASG taking a big step out of the spotlight and keeping their traps shut and hiring a basketball guy with credibility to run the operation. Hiring player development guys and having an actual scouting department . The next step is hiring a coach that players think will put them into the best possible situation to win. It's just time.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

LD - good coach or bad coach, who knows but I do know he frustrates me sometimes.The change in philosophy started with the ASG taking a big step out of the spotlight and keeping their traps shut and hiring a basketball guy with credibility to run the operation. Hiring player development guys and having an actual scouting department . The next step is hiring a coach that players think will put them into the best possible situation to win. It's just time.

And don't get me started on his Burlington coat factory selection Jaybird

• Moderators

LD wouldn't be a very good scout. I know exactly who they are. A great fast breaking, three point shooting, and passing team who is awful at protecting the glass, atrocious at defending the three point line with one of the worst shot takers and free throw shooters in the league, one of the most underrated PGs in the game, one of the top double-double tandems up front, slightly above average bench, strangers to the free throw line, and new injuries every other game. There you go, Coach.

So interesting you should note this. I'm tempted to disagree with LD as well, and I've got a Stat du Jour thread coming up on the team-passing angle that should be (and often is) this team's calling card, when they collectively choose to recognize it.

~lw3

I think Larry Drew has his flaws but all and all he is a much better coach than Woody, Terry Stotts, Lon Kruger and even Lenny Wilkens in my book. People are going to go nuts when I say better coach than Lenny but some of those teams that Lenny had probably could have went alot further with a better offense.. His system was pratically the same as Mike Woodson's Iso heavy system.

I think the different starting lineups have help more than hurt because with the exception of injury the 3 constants will be Smith/Horford/Teague who are the nucleus and should be the future of the team. Truth of the matter is guys; We only have 3 starters and the mixing and matching has made us a little less predicable when teams try to scout us. Give the guy credit he has lead us to more wins than the Lakers and has done a great job considering we traded a 6 time allstar in Joe Johnson.. The guy should actually be a coach of the year candidate.. You boxscore watchers are getting more pathetic by the day with your analysis of our team..

I think Larry Drew has his flaws but all and all he is a much better coach than Woody, Terry Stotts, Lon Kruger and even Lenny Wilkens in my book. People are going to go nuts when I say better coach than Lenny but some of those teams that Lenny had probably could have went alot further with a better offense.. His system was pratically the same as Mike Woodson's Iso heavy system. I think the different starting lineups have help more than hurt because with the exception of injury the 3 constants will be Smith/Horford/Teague who are the nucleus and should be the future of the team. Truth of the matter is guys; We only have 3 starters and the mixing and matching has made us a little less predicable when teams try to scout us. Give the guy credit he has lead us to more wins than the Lakers and has done a great job considering we traded a 6 time allstar in Joe Johnson.. The guy should actually be a coach of the year candidate.. You boxscore watchers are getting more pathetic by the day with your analysis of our team..

Lenny wanted the Nique for Manning trade b/c he was not an ISO coach. He thought Danny would improve ball movement with his vision and passing.....but did not realize his knees would prematurely give out.The only time he would iso guys was in the post .......which is not really iso ball......that is running a post offense. If he were an Iso coach he would have advocated for keeping Nique at 34 years old. Edited by coachx