• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Shortlist Coaches

Kimsey

I see Brian Shaw being the top target. He's a fresh faced coach while also being 47. I think players are receptive to playing for him which is half the battle.

Mike Malone is the other candidate that should take most the credit for the Warriors success.

David Joerger is probably last on the list. His work with the Grizzlies can't be denied.

why would he leave Boston?

I'd imagine Blink is thinking of a scenario where Pierce and Garnett aren't on the roster next year (either through trade or retirement), thus making Doc want to leave.

I can't see that happening though.

Edited by WakaFlocka

I'd imagine Blink is thinking of a scenario where Pierce and Garnett aren't on the roster next year (either through trade or retirement), thus making Doc want to leave.

I can't see that happening though.

The guys on ESPN Radio (can't remember who it was) thought Rivers desiring to leave Boston was possible...

• Like 1

I say Van Gundy, he's had a year off and fresh now now. Hard working coach with a respected past. The game has passed Jerry Sloan, I think Rivers takes time off if he leaves Boston. This Hawks team doesn't need an unproven head coach if they go after Brian Shaw.

I am really interested in this Mike Budenholzer guy.

Me too.I'd be fine giving Shaw or Cheeks a shot too.Rivers would be great and I've always liked Frank. Either VanGundy would be good too. Edited by coachx

Wait Coachx ...did u say you have always liked Lawrence Frank? Are you serious? I'm sorry but the guy isn't fit to be a head coach ...EVER

Ferry needs to hurry up and announce that LD isnt coming back. The nets already jump started their coach searching a day after they were bounced.....

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 1mNets just announced that P.J. Carlesimo will not be retained and that their coaching search is underway immediately

Adreian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2mNets search for a new coach has started. P.J. Carlesimo won't be brought back. Jeff Van Gundy is a top target, sources say.

Wait Coachx ...did u say you have always liked Lawrence Frank? Are you serious? I'm sorry but the guy isn't fit to be a head coach ...EVER

He is actually an excellent coach. Mentor of Bobby Knight and was his PG on some very good teams. Son of a coach. Frank has been a coach since he was 22 himself. He had no shot at winning in Detroit these last few years. He is not my top pick but he would be on my short list with Rivers, Shaw, Cheeks, Budenholzer, and Jeff VanGundy.........I don't like his bro Stan as much.I would love to see us get Budenholzer. Edited by coachx

Definitely Jerry Sloan.

We need somebody here who can not only establish a team identity, we need someone who will give us instant credibility amongst players around the league and with the national media . . and with the Atlanta fan base. Sloan will do just that.

Imagine the "Utah Pick and Roll Offense" being ran here, with Horford as his PF. I'd love to see if Sloan could turn Horford into a player somewhere between Karl Malone and Carlos Boozer.

And with Sloan as the coach, Ferry will be consulting him to see what types of players he'd want to coach. No "softies". No "head cases". No "mentally weak" players.

• Like 1

Sloan is one of the all time coaches but time has passed him by liked it did Lenny Wilkens. League is going smaller and faster. You need a coach that knows how to win under those circumstances.

It's time to take a chance on a coach with a fresh approach.

• Like 1