• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ferry to make decision on Larry Drew by.....

I predict that Byron Scott is our next head coach I can see it now.We will look like the 2008 hornets...cp3 to west I mean horford. Cp3 to chandler for the oop I mean d12. Cp3 to Peja s. I mean korver....lol this team would be for real I really hope it happens.Notice smith isn't in this! Lol he just dont fit...guess I could say cp3 to Blake I mean smith but smith doesn't dunk every chance he gets like Blake.

Wonder who we get but grass is not greener on other side.

It's "grass isn't ALWAYS greener on the other side" but then again sometimes it is.

It's "grass isn't ALWAYS greener on the other side" but then again sometimes it is.

Why aren't they paying him peanuts? He was an assistant to the GM, not the assistant GM but an assistant to the GM in San Antonio. (More specifically the Vice President of Basketball Operations, which is the same position that Nique has and Nique had to beat up someone so he didn't have to pay for suits). It is not like Ferry had a cushy job that was high paying, he had a non-important job.

How many times did Rick Sund say that the A$G was willing to pay the luxury tax and we would go right around and sell a draft pick? Multiple times. Fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me...never gonna get fooled again!

Bingo.

I believe that Ferry, just like Sund, is going to be instructed to build the best possible team, without going into the Luxury Tax, If the stars align perfectly, and we by some miracle get CP3 and Howard to come here, it'll be very interesting to see what kind of team Ferry is allowed to construct from that point. Do we stock the team with vet and rookie minimum guys? Or do we use both our MLE and LLE ( bi-annual ) exceptions to bring in the best players possible, putting us into tax land.

When the final numbers for the Hawks come in this year, it'll show that they had one of their worst revenue seasons in recent memory. Our attendance was at 2006/2007 levels.

IF we can't land a superstar that will increase attendance and revenue, we're definitely not going into the tax, and may not even go close to tax line at all. I could see the Hawks fielding a 55 - 60 million dollar team next year. And if that's the case, Ferry better choose the right type of players.

Why aren't they paying him peanuts? He was an assistant to the GM, not the assistant GM but an assistant to the GM in San Antonio. (More specifically the Vice President of Basketball Operations, which is the same position that Nique has and Nique had to beat up someone so he didn't have to pay for suits). It is not like Ferry had a cushy job that was high paying, he had a non-important job.

How many times did Rick Sund say that the A$G was willing to pay the luxury tax and we would go right around and sell a draft pick? Multiple times. Fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me...never gonna get fooled again!

I'm not sure if you're being obtuse intentionally or not but you know damn well that Ferry was a highly sought after GM and he wasn't running to the Hawks with his tail tucked between his legs begging for a job. They had to sell him on this job for weeks and you somehow think that after all of that he took peanuts to be the GM of the Hawks? Come on man I know you're smarter than that.

• Like 1

*ducks shoe from Fanatic for mentioning anything political*

It won't be a shoe, more than likely an old dirty camo croc!And don't hate on me just cause I like to make it rain while you like to make it drizzle.
  • Like 1

I never said he was making peanuts, I just don't know why you think he is highly paid (at least implying that this *must* be some greater job than being an assistant-to-the-GM in San Antonio). Or that him being here has anything to do with changing how the A$G operates. We have all heard these things before from the A$G, "oh sure we will pay the luxury tax!", and I don't see how you do not already recognize that we have been through this before. Hell, we went through this when we signed LD. Sund said he had complete control over who to hire and what to offer. Yeah, right.

I have heard all this stuff before. I think it is a safer bet to say the A$G hasn't changed and we are getting a low-end coach in terms of the types of deals we are offering. I am not an optimist or pessimist in this scenario, just a realist in terms of what we can expect.

The only reason that I believe, honestly believe, that it's different this time is how much time and effort they put into courting a guy who was highly desired around the league. And sure Ferry didn't have a high profile job with the Spurs, but his reputation was growing being part of that organization and when he was ready to be a GM again he was going to have plenty of suitors. The ASG made a commitment to him and it's not the same as it was with Sund, who probably wouldn't have gotten another job if the ASG hadn't hired him. It's all speculation at this point but I'm quite confident that you'll see the financial commitment the ASG are making over the next 2 seasons.

I have to be optimistic - what's the alternative: pick another team to root for? naaah!

All I know is since Ferry arrived ownership has taken a backseat particularly loud mouth Gearon. Levinson was at the presser with Ferry and has done maybe one other interview for the season. Let the basketball man make basketball decisions.

http://wagesofwins.com/2013/03/12/paying-to-lose-vs-investing-in-the-future/ Would you be shocked if I told you the Hawks have not invested in SportVU yet? I wish I had your ability to just forget everything that the A$G has done so far and be optimistic about the direction of the team. I just can't, they have always been a sh*tty organization from top to bottom. They simply do not invest in the future and have never been on the cutting edge of anything since Ted was broadcasting the team on TBS and taking them down to New Orleans for the occasional regular season game. Er...I take that back. We did guarantee the playoffs one year, but that was before the A$G and we failed miserably at doing it. At least that was something though.

Yeah we've already talked about this before. If Ferry wanted this installed it would or will be. Has it even been proven to increase success for a team?

Ferry is big into analytics and if HE deems it a tool he can use I see no reason he won't get it.I remember last season the uproar about the ASG not having in the big digital scoreboard/screen thingy. It wasn't installed at the time because they said the down time needed to install it wasn't feasible with the season starting. Guess what - opening night this year - there it was.Ferry has been here one season - he has to see what works, what needs tweaking, what needs a complete overhaul. He is not a magician (except making Joe and Marvin disappear was magical) that will conjur up a quick fix after years of mismanagement from ownership and draft missteps and bad decisions.It's a process and I'm excited about the possibilities!!!

I once gave change to a stripper named Hope. Beyond that, no.

Not sure if this is still on topic but my favorite stripper name is Lucky.Stripper: "I'm Lucky"Me: "Me too!"Me <in my head>: Damn, that was cheesy. Probably heard that one a thousand times.