• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Rockets going after Howard OR Paul

I posted this article yesterday and I guess it got moved but anyways I took this completely different! I felt like the article is really saying that the rockets are trying to free up space for both

They can but I dont see too many teams try to help them to make their Big 3. Besides, I think they are going to be contenders for a very long time in the West.

Houston as it stands does not have money for a max contract.
They would have to move 3.2 million dollars just to have enough to offer a max deal.
There is talk about SnT but LAL cannot do a SnT as it stands. They would have to amnesty either, MWP, Gasol, or Kobe.
LAC can do a SnT but it extremely unlikely as they can renounce their other FA's like Odom and they would have 14.5 million dollars in cap space. Then they could go for guys who would actually fit next to Bledsoe like Monta Ellis and O.J. Mayo. Clearly, they would have to change to a more uptempo offense if they lost CP3 in free agency. With that said, it is extremely unlikely LAC will do a SnT for CP3 unless it's to gain a TPE and only a TPE.
Houston could trade Thomas Robinson for space but how likely is that is questionable at the moment.
As much as Jeremy Lin and Aisk are only 8.3 million to the salary cap, a team has to pay either player 15 million in 2014-15 season which makes moving them a tough task. For those who love Aisk, he is a player who is outproduced by his opponent than his outproduces them. That is not a good sign at all especially for that price. What is a good sign is he has a positive impact on the court more times than not and his defensive paint presence and rebounding is seen as a plus. He is still more of a NBA backup to me but he does offer value as a starting center.
As much as ESPN want you to believe, Houston is not a better situation than LAL. Old Kobe is better than Harden. Aisk is just as impactful as Gasol. Nash is still better than Lin. Even Parsons doesn't have a clear advantage on MWP. Now you can say LA doesn't fit but when they decided to play Basketball around Dwight and Kobe, their defense was tops in the NBA for the last 15 games and they had one of the best 2nd half records in the NBA. The advantage Houston has is age (youngest team in the NBA) and style but does the run and gun style match Dwight's half court style? Nope! Now LAL is too old and they do not fit. That is true and neither does Houston but they are too young.
Now of course CP3, D12, Horford, a MLE SF, Lou, and role players is the best scenario for D12 but we talked about that a million times already.
  • Like 1

I posted this article yesterday and I guess it got moved but anyways I took this completely different! I felt like the article is really saying that the rockets are trying to free up space for both

It was moved because there was already a topic about it in this forum so I merged them together.