• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bucks: Nick May Sign Quick

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

http://www.bucksketball.com/2013/06/nick-van-exel-bob-bender-likely-to-be-added-to-bucks-coaching-staff/

Atlanta Hawks assistant coach Bob Bender and Player Development Instructor Nick Van Exel were at the Cousins Center today, helping new head coach Larry Drew orchestrate the first pre-draft workout under the new regime. Though nothing has been confirmed yet, both are likely to be added to Drew’s staff soon.

Bender was an assistant coach with the Hawks these past two seasons. He served as an assistant with the Sixers from 2004-2011 and was an assistant under Mike Krzyzewski at Duke from 1983-1989.

Van Exel, a Kenosha native, spent 13 seasons in the NBA Spurs, Blazers, Warriors, Nuggets, Mavericks, and Lakers. After serving as an assistant at Texas Southern University, he joined the Hawks staff in 2010 and has been with the team since.

Bender and Van Exel are likely to be reunited with Hawks assistant Lester Conner as well. There hasn’t been any word on when the staff will officially be set by Drew, but it appears that the first few slots are being filled.

~lw3

Seriously I don't mind this at all as I don't believe we got anything out of Nick. I think Teague would have improved with any decent coach and I really believe he's going to grow a lot more next year, especially if he's here in Atlanta. But good luck to Nick and Bender in Milwaukee.

• Like 1

Well that's not a shock you're always there pre-game getting signatures. You probably represent us at the games more than anyone.

Yea I was very privileged this past year. I went to about 75% of the games. Most of the Hawks players/security would know my face if they saw me out and about lol. Though I usually graphed the away team... Our head security guy is very overprotective, he won't even let players sign in any color other than the crappy black sharpie that he supplies to "keep the germs down".

Yea I was very privileged this past year. I went to about 75% of the games. Most of the Hawks players/security would know my face if they saw me out and about lol. Though I usually graphed the away team... Our head security guy is very overprotective, he won't even let players sign in any color other than the crappy black sharpie that he supplies to "keep the germs down".

I'd know your face too, thinking you're like the son of a Russian mobster! LOL just messing with you, but you do kinda have that look.

That is pretty dumb about the sharpie and not being able to use the silver one that looks a lot better.

I'd know your face too, thinking you're like the son of a Russian mobster! LOL just messing with you, but you do kinda have that look. That is pretty dumb about the sharpie and not being able to use the silver one that looks a lot better.

Yea I have kind of a new age look, I call it wigga-scene... Trying to be black with a bit of emo/screamo/scene kid lol.