• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is there a player that Coach Budenholzer will pound the table for to get?

KB21

I think back to the interview an AJC writer had with Coach Popovich after Coach Budenholzer's hiring. In that article, Coach Popovich stated that the trade that netted Kawhi Leonard was basically driven by Coach Budenholzer. He said that Coach Bud pounded on he and RC Buford, saying that they needed a bigger 3, and that he was apparently so high on Kawhi Leonard that RC and Pops relented and traded George Hill to Indiana for Kawhi Leonard (think about Indiana's perimeter defense with Paul George at the 2 and Kawhi Leonard at the 3....Wow!!).

• Like 1

Good to see that expression, that Mayock and crew drastically overused this year during the draft process, lives on. I doubt that there is anyone who Budz is going to feel that strong about in this years draft. If there is someone I hope it's Bullock as from all the reading I've done on him makes it sound like he can be a very good shooter and defender and can play the 3 or be a big 2. I think 3 and D guys are going to be a big priority going forward in the league so they will be in short supply.

• Like 1

Mayock has been saying pound the table for several years now.I think he pounds the table for Dieng. He needs a defensive anchor in the middle to fit his philosophy. He would allow Teague to gamble more and probably be a top 3 in steals per game.18 is early for Bullock but we thought Jenkins was taken too early too lastmyear. I would not mind swinging for some upside in a year that we have 2 back to back 1st round picks but would not be upset with Bullock. I would swing at the upside of Karasev or Gianni though. I see Bullock having a Matt Barnes like career.....which is not a bad thing.

Edited by coachx

Mayock has been saying pound the table for several years now.I think he pounds the table for Dieng. He needs a defensive anchor in the middle to fit his philosophy.

I'd love to see the SportVu technology numbers on the centers in this draft relative to their shot defense capability as far as frequency and efficiency goes when they are within 5 feet of the shooter.

Mayock has been saying pound the table for several years now. I think he pounds the table for Dieng. He needs a defensive anchor in the middle to fit his philosophy. He would allow Teague to gamble more and probably be a top 3 in steals per game. 18 is early for Bullock but we thought Jenkins was taken too early too lastmyear. I would not mind swinging for some upside in a year that we have 2 back to back 1st round picks but would not be upset with Bullock. I would swing at the upside of Karasev or Gianni though. I see Bullock having a Matt Barnes like career.....which is not a bad thing.

Yeah I know Mayock has used that this year but the rest of the crew just kept on using it over and over and it got tiresome, although admittedly I probably watched NFL Network for 6 hrs a day for the month leading up to the draft so it's partially my fault.

You may be right about Dieng as he seems to be the popular choice for one of our picks over at ESPN.

Speaking of Jenkins and too early, Jason Walker put out a new article today, that I just posted, where it talks about how Gil Thorpe thinks that Jenkins should have gone higher and compares him to lottery projected CJ McCollum. Wouldn't it be nice if that were true and Danny really did find a guy late in the 1st last year who's comparable to a guy who seems like a solid lottery pick this year?

• Like 1

I agree the 3 position and D ate going to be in short supply and ill add something to that. A 3 D who can shoot the three ball as well. I know we argued for years on the squawk about smoove being able to play the small forward. But if you look at a lot of champions from the last 20 years in the nba, most had a small forward who could shoot the 3. What we need in this draft is a Oaul George/Kawhi Leonard clone. A defensive wing who can shoot the 3. Not sure if there is anyone in this year's draft that actually fits the bill though. Franklin reminds me of Kawhi a lot though. But Bud would have to work with Franklin a lot to develop his potential. I love this time of year.

I agree the 3 position and D ate going to be in short supply and ill add something to that. A 3 D who can shoot the three ball as well. I know we argued for years on the squawk about smoove being able to play the small forward. But if you look at a lot of champions from the last 20 years in the nba, most had a small forward who could shoot the 3. What we need in this draft is a Oaul George/Kawhi Leonard clone. A defensive wing who can shoot the 3.Not sure if there is anyone in this year's draft that actually fits the bill though. Franklin reminds me of Kawhi a lot though. But Bud would have to work with Franklin a lot to develop his potential.I love this time of year.

LOL that's what a 3&D guy is, a guy who can shoot the 3 as well as play defense.

I don't see any George / Leonard types in this draft (outside of poor man's versions like Franklin) but there are good C prospects and that's where we really should focus. Look to pick up that type of player in next years draft, which is a lot better than this years.

• Like 1

Haha my bad I thought a 3 D was (small forward who played defense)....it's confusing I think it should be called a 33D.....:-/ dem some bigguns..Small forward (3) shooting a three (3) defense (D)

Haha my bad I thought a 3 D was (small forward who played defense)....it's confusing I think it should be called a 33D.....:-/ dem some bigguns..Small forward (3) shooting a three (3) defense (D)

The only thing is, it doesn't necessarily have to be a small forward. Danny Green is a 3 and D guy as well, and he plays shooting guard mostly.

Reggie Bullock is probably the top 3 and D guy in this draft as far as what his role will be. The thing is, that will probably be the only role he can play, so you have to make a decision on whether you want to value that 3 and D skill this highly instead of getting someone that can do more as far as creating space for himself.

When Kawhi Leonard came out, he wasn't projected as a 3 and D guy. While I can't for 100% be sure of this comment, I think the Spurs saw a great work ethic in him and felt they could make him a better perimeter shooter by limiting him to the corner three for the most part. That is the kind of projection teams will need to make on Jamaal Franklin. He could very well be the shooting guard version of Kawhi Leonard in the NBA.

• Like 1

Franklin might be that guy. If he works on his shot and puts on a little bit more weight, he could be a great player. We really need a good defender because I'm tired Paul Pierce beating us by him self.

Franklin might be that guy. If he works on his shot and puts on a little bit more weight, he could be a great player. We really need a good defender because I'm tired Paul Pierce beating us by him self.

Franklin is shorter and 20 lbs lighter than even Jenkins and I don't think people realize that.

• Like 1

He's not shorter, but he is 20 lbs lighter.

Whoops you are right about that he is about 3/4" taller than Jenkins but still a little shorter than I prefer in a SG and far too light in the pants... and he shoots 28% from 3.

• Like 1