• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Clippers / Celtics / Doc / Paul Mega Thread: Please post in here, all others will be DELETED

• Moderators

The league won't stop them from being bought out and becoming free agents. Or if Boston can prove the player and coach trades are not tied together the league can't stop them. I'm certain at least KG ends up there and maybe PP too.

I'd bet against KG ending up there. They won't cut KG and take that hit to their cap. Plus, if he isn't retiring then he has significant trade value they won't walk away from. PP is more probable.

I'd bet against KG ending up there. They won't cut KG and take that hit to their cap. Plus, if he isn't retiring then he has significant trade value they won't walk away from. PP is more probable.

I should have been more clear [for the lawyers out there] and said I expect KG to be a Clipper via trade and Pierce to likely get bought out and sign there, unless he's traded to the Cavs.

• Moderators

I should have been more clear [for the lawyers out there] and said I expect KG to be a Clipper via trade and Pierce to likely get bought out and sign there, unless he's traded to the Cavs.

Gotcha. I don't see a trade happening either but it would be a great opportunity for someone to jump in and get to unload a contract and acquire a pick for facilitating the deal. I'm just not as sure that the Clippers have the firepower to pay off both the Celtics and another team.

I say neither kg nor pierce becomes a clipper this year.Maybe Dwight tho for griffin

I don't see either happening. The NBA is explicit about no other deals going on between the Celts and Clippers for a year so as to eliminate any possibility at player compensation for Doc and the Lakers surely will have no part in letting the Clippers become a contender on their watch. When Kobe even whispered he might sign with the Clippers in 04 the Lakers promptly shipped Shaq out east. They will rather watch Dwight walk for nothing and take their chances in 2014 with their own pick and tons of cap than accept even a player of Griffin's caliber from the Clippers.

Boston will probably move Garnett off to some other contender before the year is out and although I see them waiving Pierce I think he'll go out and pursue that last big payday before he looks at the Clippers' MLE.